Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

precision posted:

they should make a battle royale where the gimmick is that you actually literally only have one shot

imagine how famous people who have won more than even once would be

i think that would be legit cool

That would make people just ignore each other until they thought they were taking the last shot.

Every match would just turn into the finale of the good the bad and the ugly. Except there's 50 people in the circle instead of 3 and some of them twitched earlier and are unarmed and bluffing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

They ran cod into the ground with too many games and they're all boring now.

But COD4 and MW2 changed multiplayer gaming on consoles forever. It really kicked off the whole "every game can have XP like an RPG" trend that is still going strong today.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

A battle royale where every encounter is a drawn-out mexican standoff, the game literally locks more and more players into place as they encounter the standoff until eventually everyone fires simultaneously and we see who's left standing

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
video games ruined the concept of XP, random encounters, and hit points

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

QuarkJets posted:

A battle royale where every encounter is a drawn-out mexican standoff, the game literally locks more and more players into place as they encounter the standoff until eventually everyone fires simultaneously and we see who's left standing

Did anyone play that max payne 3 multiplayer where the slo-mo locked people in like that?

It was something like anyone in the line of site of it happening would also be pulled into slow-mo or something. I can't quite remember my memories of it are vague.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
CoD: Warzone remains the perfect battle royal and I'll fight anyone that disagrees

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

limp_cheese posted:

I still bought it and wasn't dumb enough to boycott. Hell, I remember standing in line for a physical copy at a midnight release arguing with the people in line that no dedicated servers and the nuke kill streak were both unbelievably dumb and will ruin the game.

Jokes on me though because everyone in line was buying a console copy and when I made it up there I had to wait for them to rummage in the back to find where they tossed the PC copies no one wanted.

I play those games for the single player only since MW2 and have used :filez:: to see what games are worth buying. Those turned out to be World at War, Black Ops, Black Ops 2, and Infinite Warfare. I wish I could try Cold War one but its impossible to :filez: those games now.

MW2 was the first CoD game I ever played and it was so good it tricked me into thinking I liked CoD so I bought the next few. At least I got out before monetization went beyond DLC seasons.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Black Ops 1 was a ton of fun and convinced me that all shooters should have an Ice Cube announcer pack

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FoolyCharged posted:

That would make people just ignore each other until they thought they were taking the last shot.

Every match would just turn into the finale of the good the bad and the ugly. Except there's 50 people in the circle instead of 3 and some of them twitched earlier and are unarmed and bluffing.

yes yes yes there's reasons it would be dumb and not work but what my post presupposes is, maybe it does?

i feel pretty confident in saying that you could design around all the problems, or at least try to

sheesh

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

precision posted:

yes yes yes there's reasons it would be dumb and not work but what my post presupposes is, maybe it does?

i feel pretty confident in saying that you could design around all the problems, or at least try to

sheesh

You misunderstood me. That description is broken and dumb in a fun and comical way, which is a major step up for the genre.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

precision posted:

sheesh

Unless there's some way of dealing damage outside of the single bullet you're given, each and every missed shot would equal one more person tied for a 1st place stalemate (unless missing kills you or something).

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

no healing, one bullet. if you kill someone with your bullet you get two bullets back. that way, the guys at the end who actually played the game have an advantage over the guys who hid the whole game

it takes multiple bullets to kill someone

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Get this, scrubs:

YOU ARE THE BULLET

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS9YAiD9EP8

look at how dumb this looks, just sonic the hedgehog running around some lumpy unreal engine fields, looking like complete poo poo. Its hilarious that they'd do this, i've never seen such a boring rear end design also look so uniquely stupid.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

You have all those bright, colorful, fun looking worlds from the Genesis games and they insist on putting Sonic in those bland environments and it's just bizarre

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Devils Affricate posted:

Unless there's some way of dealing damage outside of the single bullet you're given, each and every missed shot would equal one more person tied for a 1st place stalemate (unless missing kills you or something).

obviously you can pick up the bullet and shoot it again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F2zdbgYU2M

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
If you don't like sonic the hedgehog you can gently caress right off.

IMMA FIGHT A MOTHERFUCKER IF ANYONE TALKS poo poo ABOUT MY HOMIE SONIC

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Literally A Person posted:

post your sonic OC

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Rutibex posted:

post your sonic OC

So you JABRONIS can steal it???

I think not.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

sonic games are lke, 95% bad in the scheme of things. I'd say every single 3d sonic game is bad.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Caesar Saladin posted:

sonic games are lke, 95% bad in the scheme of things. I'd say every single 3d sonic game is bad.

You trying to say something???

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
sonic is fun when you enter the code to give yourself all the chaos emeralds :ssj:

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

There was a shocking lack of naturally formed loops and checkerboard dirt in that trailer.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I like in Sonic where he goes really fast and he has cool sneakers and also there is a hedgehog who has guns and his name is Shadow the Hedgehog and he's probably my favorite hedgehog if I was a hedgehog I'd be all badass and poo poo like Shadow but also still praise Jesus because my mom's boyfriend, Tanner, told me all about how Jesus is our light and the way.

In conclusion I really liked Tortilla Flats and I would definitely recommend it to the class.

............Questions???

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Sonic is the shittiest franchise in all of gaming lol

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

QuarkJets posted:

Sonic is the shittiest franchise in all of gaming lol

I like in Sonic where he goes really fast and he has cool sneakers and also there is a hedgehog who has guns and his name is Shadow the Hedgehog and he's probably my favorite hedgehog if I was a hedgehog I'd be all badass and poo poo like Shadow but also still praise Jesus because my mom's boyfriend, Tanner, told me all about how Jesus is our light and the way.

In conclusion I really liked Tortilla Flats and I would definitely recommend it to the class.

............Questions???

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Rutibex posted:

post your sonic OC

i don't have art of my sonic OC but just imagine sonic but Third Street Saints purple and with a really fine rear end

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Before Sonic, did Sega really want Alex Kidd to be their Mario-level mascot, or was it just a happy accident they had so many titles on their consoles with the character?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

............Questions???

Your mom's dating Tanner? LOL

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Mario games are so much better than Sonic games in everyway except the graphics on the genesis version. The difference is that people don't really wanna gently caress mario.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
I beat Wolfenstein the new order and I'm hella glad I took the threads advice to play it before new collosus

And that being said I was NOT expecting a fuckin Wolfenstein game to have as good a level of writing as it does and the voice acting is very good too, great job

New I'm playing new collosus and it's fine,it's good too but overall new order was a way better experience than I had anticipated

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Sonic is the worst video game franchise, bar none. When he was just going fast and eating chili dogs he peaked, but since then it’s been nothing but really, really bad everything.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

SEGA deliberately made each sonic game a little bit worse, as a joke

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Sonic had pretty baller soundtracks

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I wonder if people who buy and play every COD have the same sunken cost fallacy I have that keeps me coming back to dota

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Caesar Saladin posted:

look at how dumb this looks, just sonic the hedgehog running around some lumpy unreal engine fields, looking like complete poo poo. Its hilarious that they'd do this, i've never seen such a boring rear end design also look so uniquely stupid.

Chili.
Dog.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Floodixor posted:

I beat Wolfenstein the new order and I'm hella glad I took the threads advice to play it before new collosus

And that being said I was NOT expecting a fuckin Wolfenstein game to have as good a level of writing as it does and the voice acting is very good too, great job

New I'm playing new collosus and it's fine,it's good too but overall new order was a way better experience than I had anticipated

A thread success story :toot:

Caesar Saladin posted:

They probably gave him a glider.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

PSO2:Sonic looks like poo poo

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
hold on, Bioware made a Sonic game for the Nintendo DS? Let's take a look.

spoilers: it's kind of bland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Caesar Saladin posted:

Mario games are so much better than Sonic games in everyway except the graphics on the genesis version. The difference is that people don't really wanna gently caress mario.

the fact no one wants to gently caress Mario is also a positive in nintendos favor