Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Monkey Fracas posted:

like I wanna know why they're being so evasive now

what are they trying to hide that's worse than jerking off outside the school for an hour in their tactical gear and tasing parents

I am assuming they shot some kids plus their attempts at lying are coming out regarding what they knew about the situation in the classroom. Initially they were literally saying we thought everyone was dead that's why we posted up outside but the 911 calls getting released showed they were completely wrong/lying. (and it was an insanely stupid assumption to make anyway)

There is also some talk about cops who were saying they were going to breach anyway but were stopped by the scene commander so it's a pretty safe assumption that they were hearing the 911 dispatcher over the radio saying there were kids in the room. Pretty sure the scene commander is turbo hosed/possibly looking at actual charges from the feds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol good thing the FBI and ATF are for sure staffed with nothing but honest, trustworthy individuals

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Nobody in authority has the stomach for this turning into a story about cops killing kids in a school shooting. Nobody. If they can cover it up without risking their own rear end to do it then everyone up the foodchain will help to cover it up.

That's why I ask about the CCTV footage because perhaps if the lawyers for that teacher get access to it then it would come out.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Demon Of The Fall posted:

lol good thing the FBI and ATF are for sure staffed with nothing but honest, trustworthy individuals

I mean yeah but also this is a great opportunity for some FBI agent to put a rocket under his career and arresting an entire police department will let them write their ticket to wherever they want to go.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

pro starcraft loser posted:

Having a police force 'not cooperate' with a force higher on the food chain is loving insane and should result in punishment.

They know that rule #1 is "don't talk to police"

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I wonder if at some point the instinct to protect these cops is going to turn to survival and the politicians and agencies will throw a few cops to the crowd and under the bus to save their own skin. Except the GOP, they’ll just pick the worst and ghoulish option that makes it even more bad

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I live in Phoenix which has one of the most violent and deadly police forces in the nation. Here we have about 2775 police officers for a population of 6 million.

Uvdale has a 19-person SWAT team for a population of 15,000.

Burbank, CA also has a 19-person SWAT team for a population of 100,000. Burbank has a total of 53 officers on staff. (It's the only city I found all this info for easily). Since Uvdale loves to back the blue they probably have at least 53 officers on staff. For the purpose of this math let's assume they have 60.

In Phoenix, 0.04% of the population is police. They average 75 shootings per year.

In Burbank, 0.05% of the population is police and 0.012% of the population is SWAT.

In Uvdale, 0.4% of the population is police and 0.12% is SWAT.

They have ten times per capita the number of police officers as major cities and small burbs of major cities lol

e: I am still convinced the police were in on the shooting and/or the shooter was related to an officer. There is literally no other reason to explain the incompetence, they have the funding and manpower of an occupying army. At the peak of the Iraq invasion 0.4% of the population of Iraq was American soldiers. Especially considering it's Texas and the shooter was brown, the only reason they didn't shoot the kid was because they wanted him to shoot the other kids or because they had some other powerful reason not to.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 31, 2022

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
they are so loving worthless that they made bortac look good, which is incredible. normally you only hear about bortac because their racist group chats get leaked or they get hosed up by teenagers throwing water bottles in portland and start threatening to quit

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
It’s helpful to remember that Uvalde is a town near the border and is therefore much more heavily policed than even normally over-policed America.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

they are so loving worthless that they made bortac look good, which is incredible. normally you only hear about bortac because their racist group chats get leaked or they get hosed up by teenagers throwing water bottles in portland and start threatening to quit

Yeah, just when I thought cops couldn’t possibly be any worse they made border patrol the good guys for about six minutes.

Gatts posted:

I wonder if at some point the instinct to protect these cops is going to turn to survival and the politicians and agencies will throw a few cops to the crowd and under the bus to save their own skin. Except the GOP, they’ll just pick the worst and ghoulish option that makes it even more bad

Pretty sure the Chief of Police for the school district is a man who is black so it should all be his fault by the end of June.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
"We thought everyone was dead" isn't an excuse when the kids are literally on the phone to 911

I think the most charitable read here, and imo it's also the most likely one, is that the commander realized that rushing in there with a bunch of idiot cops is going to result in a ton of kids getting friendly-fired as well as potentially a couple of dead cops and he made the calculation that "a bunch of kids died because cops didn't do anything" is a better story than "cops kill classrooms worth of children taking down gunman" - with the added bonus of that decision meaning they didn't have to expose themselves to any danger at the same time

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Police are such whining pissbabies when even the slightest little thing doesn't go their way. It's just a lovely little microcosm of the conservative mindset.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

It’s helpful to remember that Uvalde is a town near the border and is therefore much more heavily policed than even normally over-policed America.

That's fair. Comparing it to some of the most dangerous border towns in Arizona (Tolleson & Globe) there are about 33% more cops per capita in Uvdale than in Tolleson/Globe. Of course they have crime rates that are 4x and 10x Uvdale's respectively so :shrug:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

It's like an hour away from an actual border town, by that definition I'm near the border as well :v:

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

mobby_6kl posted:

It's like an hour away from an actual border town, by that definition I'm near the border as well :v:

correct. something like 70% of americans live near a border because it's defined as being within a 100 miles of the actual border because everything is loving stupid

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Herstory Begins Now posted:

i got non-lethal sniped by bortac and all i got was rid of that lousy t-shirt

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
So what evidence do we have of a cop shooting a kid? I watched that CNN video and the headline, nor in the video, do they even imply that a cop shot someone. The only thing I gathered was the person said "they" instead of "him." But that could easily be because they had no idea how many shooters there were.

That's a pretty bold claim and this should be all over the news right now.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
None but there's a very obvious cover-up happening right now and the policing waiting too long to go in doesn't begin to explain it. There's also a massive amount of unaccounted for time in the official record where it's extremely unclear what the police were doing.

They accidentally shot a kid is just easiest explanation for those things.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Latest news I read was the school isn't cooperating with the Police anymore and things just cant seem to catch a breath. :(

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003
oh yeah, a kid definitely tried to escape the active shooter situation and the cops shot him

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Pennywise the Frown posted:

So what evidence do we have of a cop shooting a kid? I watched that CNN video and the headline, nor in the video, do they even imply that a cop shot someone. The only thing I gathered was the person said "they" instead of "him." But that could easily be because they had no idea how many shooters there were.

Absolutely zero evidence. The rumor may even be counter-copaganda to make whatever truth is finally revealed seem less bad by comparison to our worst imaginings.

At the same time, the cops specifically mentioning that the killer definitely was the one who killed all of the children made a lot of people do double-takes. There were reports of the killer shooting out through the door, it’s not impossible that someone returned fire out of instinct. The police deleting/losing critical moments of the public scanner log also fuels speculation. Add the knowledge that the police have lied at every press conference and changed their story as many times and the mind starts to wonder what truth could possibly be worse than what seems obvious from the current official narrative (which is, again, obviously false) that the police stood outside the classroom listening to children get murdered for more than an hour.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

We can't build more schools, but we can demolish the old ones that got shot up, okay.

One weird trick to securing funds for school renovations- parents hate it!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

This whole thing was such a cluster gently caress, I've got to wonder what was going on in the minds of all the emts staged on scene waiting on pd to stop tugging their dicks for a solid hour. Especially when they finally got let in and had to triage pronounce a poo poo ton of kids dead.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The fact that the police are no longer cooperating with higher ups is pretty loving telling that something (other than the extremely obvious disgusting gently caress ups) is very wrong.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
If that kid isn't related to some pig it'll be someone finding him in some dumbass Jr. Cop program as a stellar recruit.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Gatts posted:

abbot and co will probably throw the cops to the crowd because they mad abbot look like a moron dipshit(in a way that doesnt make chuds hard) and the department is a tiny shithole PD that can be written off as "bad apples/gently caress ups" and be replaced with "better" cops.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

none really. mostly online rumor mill and the cops getting really panicky and screaming "WE TOTALLY DIDNT SMOKE ANY KIDS, ONLY THE SHOOTER" type statements. my personal opinion is i dont think they smoked any kids but i think they probably hosed up in some other big way that hasnt gotten fully explored yet. if kids had died to anyone but the shooter, the cops would be screaming it because Custome border patrol swat did the room clear/shooting so they pigs would LOVE to blame it on federal pigs to save themselves.

abigserve posted:

"We thought everyone was dead" isn't an excuse when the kids are literally on the phone to 911

I think the most charitable read here, and imo it's also the most likely one, is that the commander realized that rushing in there with a bunch of idiot cops is going to result in a ton of kids getting friendly-fired as well as potentially a couple of dead cops and he made the calculation that "a bunch of kids died because cops didn't do anything" is a better story than "cops kill classrooms worth of children taking down gunman" - with the added bonus of that decision meaning they didn't have to expose themselves to any danger at the same time

i suspect its a mix of that mixed with they legit didnt fully know what was going on and by the time they sorta did, the line of thinking you hypothesized took hold. "poo poo we jerked off too long and it wasnt a hostage crisis and we have been loving with the parents to long and it sounds like the dudes heavly armed, keep holding and then send the feds in and cry tears at presser"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Funky See Funky Do posted:

None but there's a very obvious cover-up happening right now and the policing waiting too long to go in doesn't begin to explain it. There's also a massive amount of unaccounted for time in the official record where it's extremely unclear what the police were doing.

They accidentally shot a kid is just easiest explanation for those things.
The easiest explanation, to me, is the cops hosed up and let a bunch of kids die, so they're slow-walking the investigation as much as possible, so that it eventually leaves the news cycle, and then they'll drag it out further over years so evidence starts disappearing and witnesses start moving away and/or dying and cops get new jobs in new departments and a few years down the line the case is closed and no one faces any consequences, except the town('s insurance company) pays out millions to the families without admitting fault.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
Edit: doublepost

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jun 1, 2022

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

deep dish peat moss posted:

e: I am still convinced the police were in on the shooting and/or the shooter was related to an officer. There is literally no other reason to explain the incompetence, they have the funding and manpower of an occupying army. At the peak of the Iraq invasion 0.4% of the population of Iraq was American soldiers. Especially considering it's Texas and the shooter was brown, the only reason they didn't shoot the kid was because they wanted him to shoot the other kids or because they had some other powerful reason not to.

i think your putting to much thought into it, no offense. its a border town and basically most of the folks are brown or at least speak some Spanish also i think the cops just hosed up intially and then just doubled down in hopes that they would just be "right" at some point.

Murdstone posted:

The easiest explanation, to me, is the cops hosed up and let a bunch of kids die, so they're slow-walking the investigation as much as possible, so that it eventually leaves the news cycle, and then they'll drag it out further over years so evidence starts disappearing and witnesses start moving away and/or dying and cops get new jobs in new departments and a few years down the line the case is closed and no one faces any consequences, except the town('s insurance company) pays out millions to the families without admitting fault.

this. though i think poo poo will leak out way faster and with nothing else really new worthy outside the war in ukraine, this will probably stick around.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
Uvalde PD have got to be the most unprofessional gaggle of galon-hat wearing fuckups on the goddamn planet. They're a perfect example of why electing sheriffs is a loving stupid idea.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this. though i think poo poo will leak out way faster and with nothing else really new worthy outside the war in ukraine, this will probably stick around.
Oh I don't think it will necessarily work this time, I just think it's the standard operating procedure for cops when they gently caress up. They go right into information lockdown to protect themselves and drag things out.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Murdstone posted:

That the cops hosed up and let a bunch of kids die is no secret. They could pass the buck on responsibility but that doesn't explain the degree of cover up they're involved in here or why it began while they were still on scene. They are indications that they started covering their rear end while they the shooter was still alive.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Anyone doing a coverup better be a Moriarty level genius because they're going to be doing it in real time with literally the entire world watching. Normally I'd say they could wait till the next mass shooting to have this blow over, but America loves a truly detestable villain especially if it let's people off the hook doe fixing the actual problems.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Doesn't it seem weird we don't know anything about this kid yet? Shouldn't we know all about his internet activity and reddit profile by now?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think your putting to much thought into it, no offense. its a border town and basically most of the folks are brown or at least speak some Spanish also i think the cops just hosed up intially and then just doubled down in hopes that they would just be "right" at some point.

No, definitely offense. I think that person is insane. Yeah cops are bad but to think that they conspired with the shooter to kill all of those kids, loving lol. That's Qanon conspiracy poo poo lol.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1531823793378693120

man it whips rear end that like, the absolute worst ghouls run everything

lmbo

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jun 1, 2022

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Chinatown posted:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1531823793378693120

man it whips rear end that like, the absolute worst ghouls run everything

lmbo

Classic America right here folks, you love to see it

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KoXt9pZLGM

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lmao

https://twitter.com/emzorbit/status/1531703223123419138?s=21&t=snrJZyBdLjgRYNSwDHUkOg

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I love how a third person with a gun showed up and shot the robber one more time. Must have ran across the parking lot, grabbed their gun and made it back after the shooting stopped so they just put one more in the robber. Why not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
An armed society is a polite society.