Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Popped a hemorrhoid there while sharting, looks like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Ten Earth Shattering Blows

it is not, in fact, ORCIN' TIME (although the face Landabella makes on her own is almost grotesque enough)

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I get that it's a power move and all, but using a mask with eyeholes as a plate seems needlessly messy.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Motion blur chameleon and emotion stack overflow Landabella are both magnificent avs.

cant cook creole bream posted:

I get that it's a power move and all, but using a mask with eyeholes as a plate seems needlessly messy.

I guess when you start harvesting your own urine, you view mesiness differently?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Tree Bucket posted:

I guess when you start harvesting your own urine, you view mesiness differently?

One more reason to avoid spilling.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

I've seen 'christ what an rear end in a top hat' posted so much over the years I don't even remember the original anyone got it?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

I've seen 'christ what an rear end in a top hat' posted so much over the years I don't even remember the original anyone got it?

It's the universal New Yorker cartoon caption

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Ditocoaf posted:

I can't believe the timing, this is exactly the sort of thing I spent like a hour looking for yesterday for the end of that edit.

So yeah I already blew my load on this particular gag, but screw it, I have to finish what I started.

Holy poo poo

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Lmfao thanks. Yeah the Charmin bears was the earliest one I remembered.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Makai no Ossan! Read right to left

I was wrong about two more posts, it will be at least three as this single update is six pages by itself

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I like where this is headed.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
if it doesn't end with dadow chasing his son shouting "Give me your dick!" I'll be greatly disappointed

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Ditocoaf posted:

My favorite part of Concerned is the author comments explaining the what happens in HL2 to the audience, as if most readers wouldn't have played this obscure game that inspired the comic.

I mean, if I was reading it rather than just scrolling past it, that’d help me, having not played it. :shrug:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Make with the face, Landabella! :argh:

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm making a new comic, I've got a new character!

Is the MC Undyne again?

Hahaha.... Whaaaaat?

Do you have a new MC, or did you just re-make Undyne?

No no, it's a completely new character see?

*sobs in fish person*

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Sometimes I worry about Ronny

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Board The Game, ha.

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
The Property of Hate

SABERinBLUE
Jun 27, 2008

some plague rats posted:

I do admire this guys dedication to learning how to draw exactly one female body shape and just applying it to every woman in the comic

I'll cop to that. I mean hey, at least I was learning! But nah yeah, I could make up something like "well the official art" but I obviously didn't give a poo poo about the official art beyond the vaguest inspiration. I was flying by the seat of my pants, and when I could get something to look decent, I moved on to other stuff that looked less decent. I was using a model, and it was the same model every time, but not all the poses were modeled; I don't think any of the ones on that page were.

SABERinBLUE has a new favorite as of 05:42 on Jun 1, 2022

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

SABERinBLUE posted:

I could make up something like "well the official art" but I obviously didn't give a poo poo about the official art beyond the vaguest inspiration.

I had a minor complaint about this actually, what with Lugia becoming a nightmare horror creature but Kyogre and Groudon still just being Kyogre and Groudon.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

https://twitter.com/extrafabulous/status/1265998822062338049/photo/1

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

PYF Comic: CUM! CUM! CUM! CUM! CUM! CUM!

SABERinBLUE
Jun 27, 2008

thetoughestbean posted:

I had a minor complaint about this actually, what with Lugia becoming a nightmare horror creature but Kyogre and Groudon still just being Kyogre and Groudon.

Okay so I can go into this to some degree. The simplest answer is probably “I didn’t bother,” but thinking back I’m not actually sure that’s the case in that specific instance. The way pre-change and post-change works in the comic is: prechange pokemon look basically as close to the Sugimori art as I could do them, *as well as* Pokémon that are *recently* changed. At first that was because I wasn’t really drawing them differently in the beginning, (Riptide and Silver’s Chikorita don’t look any different at the beginning, for example) but I later mentally incorporated that into the lore: the Change had just started. You can even see the Typhlosion’s corpse in the prologue, and it’s nothing like the massive kaiju that Riptide turned into. That’s because Riptide had time to grow. So a post-Change design? That’s basically just me redesigning the Pokémon on the fly, drawing them how I want to. I think it started with Stolas, Stolas is my favorite demon from the Ars Goetia (I mean we’ve all got one) so I gave him long legs, and then just gradually began getting crazier. I’d usually look up what real-life animals inspired the official designs if any (lugia is based on a beluga whale of all things) and try to incorporate some of that as anatomy, etc. Sometimes they’d come out as basically slightly more photorealistic Pokémon, like uhhh, Crucible the Ninetales off the cuff, and sometimes…well, animals are hard to draw, you know? I’m super unhappy with how flat Rayquaza looks, for example, was at the time as well. In the case of Groudon and Kyogre, I kind of remember thinking they looked crazy enough already? And actually, if you look at Lugia, he’s really not that much different from the box art, he just has five eyes (that can’t actually exist as spheres inside his head) and a longer neck. In fact, I was so underwhelmed with what I came up for with Lugia that I redesigned him later; we get to that pretty soon in what Kenny’s posting. I designed a skeleton for him and everything, I’ll post that when we get there if I can dig it up. Riptide gets a redesign later too; I went to the zoo one time and spent the entire day sketching crocodiles. (Riptide’s head actually has much more in common with a crocodile than an alligator).

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
sounds like Mammoth Mogul needs a union

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip8HDAi9yMg

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

odie dancing like the peanuts

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

the holy poopacy posted:

Ten Earth Shattering Blows

it is not, in fact, ORCIN' TIME (although the face Landabella makes on her own is almost grotesque enough)

god drat I laughed at "poo poo! This guy looks cool." Nose guy absolutely understands the rules of a mad max world

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

This is what Jim Davis sees every time he closes his eyes. If you spend extended periods of time in close proximity to him, you'll see it too.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Lies, Sisters and Wives

Page 5

Hempuli has a new favorite as of 08:43 on Jun 3, 2022

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Thorsby wastes no time escalating things. It's not the most original of situations so far, so I appreciate that we're essentially fast-forwarding through what I assume are just the earliest layers of lies / farce.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Lies, Sisters, and Wives really seems to me like it wants to be a stage play. It's efficiently plotted

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I wish Thorsby would just write books. Even as his art has improved, it's really obvious that he's not getting across anything near as good as the images in his head, but The Adventurer's Consumer Guide is as good as anything Douglas Adams wrote.

If you have no intention of playing the game, please read the let's play thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4000791

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Foxfire_ posted:

Lies, Sisters, and Wives really seems to me like it wants to be a stage play. It's efficiently plotted

It's basically every single Edwardian era farce. That's not a bad thing, just a notable thing really!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Lies, Sisters and Wives is a great little farce.