Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Setset posted:

Naggy already got taken down on Vaniki

They killed it yesterday, like 9pm pst or earlier

CT in DZs is apparently the wrong era of CT for the raid at 40 achievement, welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Which version is the right one? All the classic bosses should be pretty easy with no MotM since their HP is super low and you can pet wall.

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Anyone gonna be gooning on the Yelinak this weekend?

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
been playing on Yelinak casually but getting the static group together for playing is hard.

up to a glorious level, er, 5.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Setset posted:

Naggy already got taken down on Vaniki

Is that done by lots of mage/necro pets or something else?

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I'm on Yelinak, and having fun with a Necro main and a Druid box. So far so good running around Qeynos Hills and BB. I found a guild that's pretty decent so far <Legacy in Progress>. I joined their discord a few weeks ago, everyone is chill and friendly. If there are any long goons out there on Yelinak feel free to join us :) I think we are getting close too 100 members, so finding groups across the level ranges is easy.

My name in game is Morbid. Shoot me a tell if you want in.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
First day on yelinak has been fun. I missed launch on Aradune, so catching it this time it’s been a wonderful nostalgia romp. Got stomped by the Minotaur hero. Accidentally walked into a cyclops in rathe mountains, just pathin through and catching me by surprise after what felt like a fifteen minute walk from ak’anon. Got a suit of banded to market, even transacted in the ole EC tunnel. Good times :allears:

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
One in-game day, surely.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I’m 3-boxing ok Yelinak and am up to 13, nothing crazy but chugging along.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
I stalled out at 12. You can’t keep banded in stock. Figure I’ll make hay while the sun is shining.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I have some friends on yelinak that are playing "hardcore". Death means you delete your character, no non-level appropriate buffs, no asking for buffs. No handouts. No twinkling.

If you see them, train them for me. You'll know it's them by their guild, <Hardcore Guild>>

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I think training is hilarious, but if you're caught on video doing it, you'll get an easy suspension.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Node posted:

I think training is hilarious, but if you're caught on video doing it, you'll get an easy suspension.

They're not recording, I swear.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I have some friends on yelinak that are playing "hardcore". Death means you delete your character, no non-level appropriate buffs, no asking for buffs. No handouts. No twinkling.

If you see them, train them for me. You'll know it's them by their guild, <Hardcore Guild>>

Sooooo..... are they skipping any raids that involve Deathtouch?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Kalas posted:

Sooooo..... are they skipping any raids that involve Deathtouch?

We were talking about that the other day. Funerals for pullers who died, etc. Basically, you're limited to non-dt raid mobs and you have to be careful in fear. I guess kunark opens up a bit, but let's be honest, they're not making it last 30. I know this because when they did hardcore mischief, one of them wiped at 29 and the rest called it quits.

It's only a group of 3-4, though they occasionally multibox.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That sounds like a horrible idea

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

RCarr posted:

That sounds like a horrible idea

Reminds me of my friends and I having a weekend lan to play on Discord server back in the day:

Discord
Launched: '03 (?)
Why? Some sadistic rear end in a top hat on the dev team must have been pretty influential. Discord was billed as a temporary contest to see who could survive in the most brutal server for Everquest in anticipation for an upcoming expansion pack, "Gates of Discord".
The Special Rules: Permanent character death, even if the character died due to NPC's. No teams. No guilds. Other players could loot every single item off of a dead player. The winners (the players who were still alive and had the most kills) were allowed to keep their character and move it to a server of their choice.
What was it like?: Pure chaos. If you got past level 10, you were an amazing player.

It loving owned. One of the best online game experiences I ever had and completely unsustainable. Some of the PoE races recreate the feeling a bit.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Bottom Liner posted:

Reminds me of my friends and I having a weekend lan to play on Discord server back in the day:

Discord
Launched: '03 (?)
Why? Some sadistic rear end in a top hat on the dev team must have been pretty influential. Discord was billed as a temporary contest to see who could survive in the most brutal server for Everquest in anticipation for an upcoming expansion pack, "Gates of Discord".
The Special Rules: Permanent character death, even if the character died due to NPC's. No teams. No guilds. Other players could loot every single item off of a dead player. The winners (the players who were still alive and had the most kills) were allowed to keep their character and move it to a server of their choice.
What was it like?: Pure chaos. If you got past level 10, you were an amazing player.

It loving owned. One of the best online game experiences I ever had and completely unsustainable. Some of the PoE races recreate the feeling a bit.

It also kinda felt like a honeypot for seeing what hacks were out there. So many teleport out if you felt like you were going to lose people playing.

Also funny thing is, Blizz thought about doing something similar at one point, but shelved the idea. Since they have started doing new themes on classic servers they might bring the perma death server back.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Zil posted:

It also kinda felt like a honeypot for seeing what hacks were out there. So many teleport out if you felt like you were going to lose people playing.

Also funny thing is, Blizz thought about doing something similar at one point, but shelved the idea. Since they have started doing new themes on classic servers they might bring the perma death server back.

The WoW Season of Mastery "Iron Soul" thing was so, so, so weak compared to real hardcore mode.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

onesixtwo posted:

They killed it yesterday, like 9pm pst or earlier

CT in DZs is apparently the wrong era of CT for the raid at 40 achievement, welp

Tonight I saw the raid achievement go out for Avatar of War and King Tormax.

I didn't know level 40 characters could kill that stuff.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Kael is pretty ideal for bind rushing with being able to bind in zone and pull on top of the bind point. Just a guess on how they did it, I wasn’t there

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
The screenshots I've seen suggest it was exactly that. Fight right next to the bind point and have the perk that means you can't de-level.

I can't think of any other raid that has a bind point seconds away from a fight spot - they couldn't even do it in the AoC as its a bit of a run.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Started an enchanter on Yelinak, I haven't played since Phinigel, was sad to see my lvl 50 SK just rotting there, RIP.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

What other raid mobs can you bind next to or close enough to I wonder?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

Maaaaaaybe cragbeast queen? Could be pulled close to the wayfarer camp and people can bind right next to the magus in abysmal sea?

And there’ll be a team on vaniki willing to poopsock enough to snag the narrow spawn window OW I bet.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Yiggy posted:

What other raid mobs can you bind next to or close enough to I wonder?

Imagine the lag.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Zil posted:

Imagine the lag.

There’s a horrible video of a guy walking through the corpse pile afterwards and you can watch the corpses spawning in. Takes over a minute to visualize them all.

Unfortunately it’s a terrible cellphone video recording a screen while tunak tunak plays. If people want to see it I’ll link it.

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
Just started a paladin but I've been kinda busy, hopefully I can catch up and the general scarcity of pallies will carry me through

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Got to 40 tonight and finished temperance for my cleric. Now it’s time to start playing the game.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

Glut of options there, what’ll you work on first?

A guildie was telling me that everyone seems to be grinding Ldons for 10 pts a pop because that’s the BiS gear at 40?

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
At around level 33 on the SK I wasn’t feeling it and rolled up a Paladin and quickly got it to groupable level with my boxes. From there I wound up in Guk and scored a Ghoulbane. I’ve been tearing a smitey hole through undead camps absolutely obliterating mobs.

Im not touching LDoNs if I can avoid it. I’m still in gloomingdeep stuff, but I’ve filled out peripheral slots with stuff like the lavastorm gnome quested items, the DoN era nameds drop decent non-visible slots. I did Gunthak for xp and temperance and got a few zone drops from there.

I started working on Natimbi/Abysmal Sea quested items, and I’ll probably move in to Qinimi for some stuff soon.

I’m absolutely sure I can manage to muddle my way through the level 40 era without LDoN drops. The more interesting question will be for the level 50 and 55 points. I suspect I still won’t need to touch them and will do just fine with gear options.

Level 60 makes a ton of Omens low level stuff available, 65 makes the TSS progression live. I’ll be solid. Absolutely awash with options.

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Is there a gear per level guide somewhere?

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
No. A lot of this has been either institutional knowledge (like Black Alloy Medallions having mana pres 2 - back from when focii worked on classic start TLPs) or discovered on Vaniki launch (hey, this is the DoN version of lavastorm and the nameds are dropping the DoN lowbie gear!)

I keep a notebook near me at my desk and when I see stuff being offered for krono sale I write it down and looked it up on allas.

It’s imperfect, this server throws a lot of conventions out the window. But it works.

Honestly gloomingdeep gear plus whatever you find on your way to 40 is more than enough. I was pulling level 50 mobs last night and tanking them down easily. Spells weren’t being resisted. It’s nuts compared to conventional understandings of what you can and can’t do at the start of TLPs.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I'm not on any TLPs anymore, but when I was on Phinny, these 2 sets were amazing:

https://eqitems.com/
https://www.raidloot.com/items

Highly recommend them.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
Those are great for raid content, however the vaniki TLP is level locked (currently at level 40 in GoD era) and we’re dealing with gear at or around recommended level 40 from the available unlocked zones.

It’s a weird paradigm shifting server. Those sites won’t be as helpful as they normally are.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Not a gear guide but https://www.eqprogression.com/ has leveling guides for the various old world zones.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Despite the name, raidloot actually has group stuff too. Due to the weird nature of the server, it's not as straightforward because you'll have to hop around with the filters a little more, but figured it's better than nothing, heh.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
is there any way to game the /pick system?

playing on Yeli and it seems to me that the picks open up around 20 players in Unrest, for example. best to group up outside of the dungeon and then run in to increase my odds at a fresh instance? otherwise I have no dang clue how I'm gonna muscle my way into main room with 3 or 4 guys in my leveling group.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

cmdrk posted:

is there any way to game the /pick system?

playing on Yeli and it seems to me that the picks open up around 20 players in Unrest, for example. best to group up outside of the dungeon and then run in to increase my odds at a fresh instance? otherwise I have no dang clue how I'm gonna muscle my way into main room with 3 or 4 guys in my leveling group.

Each zone has a player threshold needed to spawn a new pick. each pick of the zone needs to be above that threshold. That's why you'll see two picks of commonlands but not to three. It doesn't really matter if you zone in all together or not afaik. City zones won't spawn multiple picks (so no neriak for the enc epic) and raid zones won't either (so no picking tov). Some zones have oddly low thresholds for spawning picks (East Wastes is 40 iirc). There's a 15 minute cooldown between switching picks. Pick system is great, but it's one of the pains in the rear end that motivates players using showeq, because it's hard to find open camps when there's a 15 minute pick timer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
Is the level locked server as massively poo poo socky as it seems on paper? Feeling the itch to play one of the TLPs.

Also it's just corpse rushing raid targets?