Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
worst thing about june
This poll is closed.
that god drat terrible glass animals song that 41 11.05%
only 30 days in which to trumo 75 20.22%
too hot 90 24.26%
amerikkka still exists 165 44.47%
Total: 243 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
The Imperial Morbaukar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqBEMza8msw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Good Citizen posted:

to ramp up the danger in the new Jurassic park movie they’re introducing the most evil genetically engineered dino to date, the Morbiraptor

There's a lot of potential in this with that company that does Atlantic Rim and stuff like that.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Isn't tim hortons just hardees?

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I refuse to believe this is real lol its going to piss the right off so much

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.

is this to prevent people from offering delivery services or something? I know delivery drivers in CA had their cars filled to the brim but the article is behind a paywall I only got to the possess 4 oz in public

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

euphronius posted:

rainbow bullets

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

what a loving prick

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

mexi posted:

is this to prevent people from offering delivery services or something? I know delivery drivers in CA had their cars filled to the brim but the article is behind a paywall I only got to the possess 4 oz in public

here ya go!

also TAke a look, y'all: https://github.com/iamadamdev/bypass-paywalls-chrome

quote:

Virginia legislative leaders on Sunday evening revealed budget language that would create a new criminal misdemeanor in state law for possession of more than 4 ounces of marijuana in public.

Marijuana reform groups immediately called for lawmakers to stand down and stop finding new ways to criminalize Virginians who use marijuana.

The provision will be the third time this year that state lawmakers have considered creating new crimes for marijuana possession.

The proposition comes within the proposal for a new two-year state budget — which became publicly available online Sunday evening.

The General Assembly will convene Wednesday in special session to consider the budget. The language on marijuana — like much of the budget agreement on the table — followed discussions that were not held in public.

The budget compromise backed by House Appropriations Chair Barry Knight, R-Virginia Beach, and Senate Finance and Appropriations Chair Janet Howell, D-Fairfax, would write into law that anyone caught in public with more than 4 ounces of marijuana would be guilty of a Class 3 criminal misdemeanor. That means a fine of up to $500 plus a criminal record.

A second or subsequent offense would be a Class 2 misdemeanor, punishable by up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.

Virginia lawmakers in 2021, when Democrats controlled both chambers of the legislature, legalized adult possession of up to an ounce of marijuana for personal use; adults can now grow up to four plants in their homes. Possession of anything above an ounce and up to a pound is punishable only by a $25 civil infraction, while possession of more than a pound is a felony.

But the state’s Joint Legislative Audit and Review Commission recommended a year ago that Virginia follow the lead of other states and create a criminal misdemeanor for people in possession of what the state government deems to be too much marijuana.

Chelsea Higgs Wise, executive director of the group Marijuana Justice Virginia, along with heads of other organizations, sent Howell an email on Sunday evening.

“Please stop finding more ways to criminalize Virginians,” she wrote, adding, “let’s work on righting the wrongs from the failed and destructive prohibition.”

Higgs Wise added: “Virginia officials must not allow the budget document to become a legislative workaround to enforce the will of the administration at the exclusion of the voice and will of the people.”

Efforts to add new criminal penalties for marijuana to state law already failed twice this year.

During the regular session of the General Assembly, a bill from Sen. Adam Ebbin, D-Alexandria, broadly would have governed new retail sales of marijuana in Virginia and also would have created a new criminal misdemeanor. The bill failed in the GOP-controlled House.

And then in April, Republican Gov. Glenn Youngkin proposed amendments to a hemp industry bill that would have established new criminal misdemeanor penalties for people in possession of more than 2 ounces of marijuana. Opponents said the proposal moved the state backward toward racially biased policing. The General Assembly did not adopt the governor’s proposal.

Because the assembly failed to complete work on a new budget and on certain bills during this year’s regular session, the assembly remains in a special session.

While the budget generally lays out state spending, the legislature has the power to propose policy in the budget, and that’s what Knight and Howell are proposing with the marijuana penalty. Asked about the rumored plan during a Thursday interview, both of them declined to discuss marijuana.

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.

is CTE congenital?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Dalton Trumbo

...no wait, that's a real person

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

euphronius posted:

rainbow bullets

its this but unironic

https://twitter.com/mogwaipilled/status/1328141526627737603

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Him Torton's

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KTVU/status/1532046016500813824?s=20&t=UXemNQC0hUkD93yQGZTe7w

so much for school security

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Trump Home Video

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

this would never have happened if the school had only one entrance and the cat was blocking it

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

did the on campus cops run away?

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Hahaha I think if I'm anywhere and a lion jwalks in I'm just going to get out of its way.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

It's a school lion now

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Musk should pull a Dwyer.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Seems crazy right? NOT IN JOE BIDEN'S AMERICA!

LIEBEALS WANT COUGARS TO GO TO SCHOOL!

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

morbin lion

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
sounds like we need good wild animals at every school

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

good thing they have those boxes of kitty litter for it to use

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

hire that clever and resourceful feline to guard the school

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Dustcat posted:

good thing they have those boxes of kitty litter for it to use

Lol

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.

ty, normally I think I can just disable JavaScript but its harder when most of my posting is on the phone

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

lmao i guess they're bulldozing robbs elementary

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

petit choux posted:

What kind of concern modding is this poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2HY50xw3WU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

UFOTacoMan posted:

sounds like we need good wild animals at every school

The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a mountain lion is a good guy with a dinosaur covered in laser cannons

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
https://twitter.com/piranhaplanter/status/1532036004022034433?s=21&t=vhaPzJSONJS1JSC6bPdj3A

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

kaleedity posted:

Too many doors!
and also evidence that the cops killed kids/teachers

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

This is why we need armed teachers

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kaleedity posted:

theres a grant for it so

https://twitter.com/mentack/status/1531823765625126914?s=20&t=UXemNQC0hUkD93yQGZTe7w

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Keynesian school shooters creating construction jobs

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
teachers have to be lion tamers now

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Hatebag posted:

Too many doors!
and also evidence that the cops killed kids/teachers

today i learned there's considerable federal funding for bulldozing schools that have been sites of mass shootings

efb ^

kaleedity has issued a correction as of 18:29 on Jun 1, 2022

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Buddykins posted:

the kid is carrying a p90

someone has to protect the world from the Goa'uld

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
all they need is a whip there are plenty of chairs to brandish at angry wildcats

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

lol jesus tracey listen to yourself

https://twitter.com/JbkJbk1234/status/1532043449062637571

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
So if I want my local school renovated I can just egg on some internet weirdo?