Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

Can you wrangle/cut some thicker pie tins to fill the gap?

Hmmm this is a good idea. I'll see what I can rig up. If not a rolling pin does work pretty well I just end up with mildly oblong tortillas and while not traditional I guess, it doesn't end up being a bad thing most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Like, I think this will mean something to her family, and it's good of the Girl Scouts to do this

https://twitter.com/girlscoutsswtx/status/1531645593092857856?s=20&t=USBba3MotZy6X-vSSKXSqA

But it also means we live in a world where the Girl Scouts are awarding posthumous medals for courage under fire to 10 year-olds.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Christ.

Good on them for doing that, but that's just incredibly depressing that it's a thing that they're doing now

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Skwirl posted:

But it also means we live in a world where the Girl Scouts are awarding posthumous medals for courage under fire to 10 year-olds.

I hate this combination of words :smith:

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Well I wanted to post about this yesterday but was in too much pain. Woke up at 4 an hurting in my stomach and back, thought I was just having some awful gas pain so did some exercises and got showers to try and relieve the pain. Also loaded up on my muscle relaxers to try and sleep to let my body work it out.

I only feel asleep twice and woke back up in 30 minutes with more pain. Finally about 1040 am I told my mom I needed to go to the emergency room. I was in a world of pain by the time noon rolled around when the ER did a ultrasound and found gallstones. I was then transferred to their main hospital in Louisville. Surgery didn't happen till midnight instead of the 8 pm it was originally scheduled for but I'm one gallbladder removed now.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I’m terrible about trying to tough out pain before seeking help.

I’ve done 5 months with an inch long splinter behind my knee, and 9 months with a hernia that I thought was a groin strain that wouldn’t go away.

Glad you got help fairly quickly.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

SundayMoney posted:

Well I wanted to post about this yesterday but was in too much pain. Woke up at 4 an hurting in my stomach and back, thought I was just having some awful gas pain so did some exercises and got showers to try and relieve the pain. Also loaded up on my muscle relaxers to try and sleep to let my body work it out.

I only feel asleep twice and woke back up in 30 minutes with more pain. Finally about 1040 am I told my mom I needed to go to the emergency room. I was in a world of pain by the time noon rolled around when the ER did a ultrasound and found gallstones. I was then transferred to their main hospital in Louisville. Surgery didn't happen till midnight instead of the 8 pm it was originally scheduled for but I'm one gallbladder removed now.

:stonk:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

SundayMoney posted:

Holy moly glad you’re ok.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

BlindSite posted:

Hmmm this is a good idea. I'll see what I can rig up. If not a rolling pin does work pretty well I just end up with mildly oblong tortillas and while not traditional I guess, it doesn't end up being a bad thing most of the time.

Handmade tortillas are generally not perfect shaped. I’m sure they’re great.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Handmade tortillas are always next level

also

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1531947844269113345

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

gently caress him. he does literally everything he can to make his businesses fail and somehow just having a ton of money seems to be enough to thwart him. gonna be hard to compete with other automakers who will let their engineers work from home.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
oh hey cawthorn's back in the news

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1531962587788808193

quote:

Outgoing Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC) revealed Friday he sold upward of $250,000 of the Let's Go Brandon meme cryptocurrency on Dec. 31, 2021, the day it saw its market value peak. Less than a month later, the meme coin had lost 100% of its value.

Multiple watchdogs told the Washington Examiner that the filing bolsters their suspicions that Cawthorn engaged in an insider trading scheme with the meme coin, whose leaders face a class-action lawsuit for allegedly scamming retail traders by orchestrating a "pump and dump" scheme with the coin.

NASCAR driver Brandon Brown announced on Dec. 30 that the meme coin would be the primary sponsor of his 2022 season, causing LGB's value to spike by 75%. Koutoulas was directly involved in negotiating the deal between LGB and Brown, according to Brown's statement.

"Did he have inside information? It sure appears that way," Libowitz told the Washington Examiner. "He's hanging out with the guy, announced it was going to spike the next day. The next day it spiked, and then he sells a portion of it. We don't know exactly how much he sold since he said it's partial, but he sells it the next day."

LGB's market value suffered a precipitous decline beginning just one day after Cawthorn offloaded upward of $250,000 of the coin onto the market. The coin's troubles compounded on Jan. 4 after NASCAR rejected the coin's sponsorship deal with Brown. By the end of January, the market cap of the meme coin dropped all the way to $0.

Intruder fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jun 1, 2022

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

God let this Twitter deal bankrupt Elon please. I need this guy to go away.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Taco meat and salsa was part of our March 2020 food prep, and I got pretty good at making flour tortillas from that. Pretty sure I've only done corn once, and it wasn't very well executed. We usually end up using the meat in quesadillas instead of actual tacos, and the homemade flour are A+ for that.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Bird in a Blender posted:

God let this Twitter deal bankrupt Elon please. I need this guy to go away.

My friend who sells Teslas is in an urgent morning call to discuss his employment...

They went full remote and had no problems. It arguably helped their corporate growth. And Musk is just gonna kneecap it lmao

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Spoeank posted:

Important Lyla Update: she fat as hell

look at that regal beauty

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I wonder what % of Tesla employees are Elon fanboys, at least among the white collar staff. I had a high school buddy who was an engineer at Tesla several years back but I don't think I've ever seen or heard him fawn over Elon specifically.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I'm just gonna sit over here and giggle once Tesla faces inevitable rough waters once real car manufacturers start producing competent electric cars that smash the quality record of the current Teslas and don't take literal months to be repaired or have issues with body repairs.

the Germans are going to get them on the high end, and Ford and GM at the mass market in the U.S. It's already starting, and will just take a couple years.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Tesla is a carbon credit offset company that happens to sell some lovely dangerous cars.

Like Donald Trump, Musk’s talent is marketing. He’s bought companies and somehow convinced everyone he built them from the ground up. SpaceX exists to privatize space travel and is propped up with government cash.

He’s a trash human and it sucks he will be around for a very long time—sucking up subsidies that could actually go to good clean energy causes.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
The people cheering him on in the comments are ridiculous

https://twitter.com/mspeier1/status/1531986055104081920?s=20&t=Lr8_XKHV1tubfLGUJN5RDw

:jerkbag:

https://twitter.com/thomas_mexico/status/1531979366665789440?s=20&t=Lr8_XKHV1tubfLGUJN5RDw

Shocker both are old white dudes

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

"Time to go to work"? gently caress off with that poo poo. Have the people been hitting their marks and getting their tasks done remotely?

How much of that mindset is just middle management dickheads justifying their existence/job?

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

I’m p sure he was fawning over Chinese 9-9-6 culture a couple weeks back and how work is life there and how great that is.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Not a fan of it

The rug that is, the patio sounds dope

Oh good, that means it's ok then. If you'd have liked it, I would have been shocked.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

ozymandius1024 posted:

"Time to go to work"? gently caress off with that poo poo. Have the people been hitting their marks and getting their tasks done remotely?

How much of that mindset is just middle management dickheads justifying their existence/job?

It's 100% that. My company suggested that we return to office 2-3 days a week non-mandatory but my GM wanted to make it a mandatory 3 days a week. Except they're not allowing people who aren't vaccinated in the office, so those people can still work from home 100%. That caused a bit of an uproar because 'hey I don't get a choice on whether I'm in the office or not because I'm vaccinated?" which is entirely fair.

She backed off on it and it's still "suggested" with a TBD on when we'll be forced back into the office. Things have been great working from home up to now but we're behind on our Q2 goals so I'm guessing they're going to leverage that to try to push people back into the office. There have been several people threaten to quit if we were forced back to the office though. My industry is looking for talent and willing to pay for it so it wouldn't be hard to find another job.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
One of the brightest guys I know came over to us at Nextera from SpaceX, running our entire server migration to some IBM Watson AI silo that we were making. Middle of explaining his history he said “…then I joined SlaveX” and caught himself, feeling embarrassed.

He apologized and explained that’s what he and his coworkers had called their employer for the two years he worked there. That says all I need to know.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Reading that tweet makes me think that Musk wanted to yell at someone who was working remotely and got mad that they weren't pissing their pants in fear like they surely would have in person

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

From what I know inside Tesla, most of the higher ups publicly back Elon but privately wish he'd tweet less and be less involved. He's a sales pitch person not an operations person, so when he makes operational decisions unilaterally, it pisses off a lot of them.

The sales team usually is 70-80 percent Elon Fanboys though.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Amy Pole Her posted:

One of the brightest guys I know came over to us at Nextera from SpaceX, running our entire server migration to some IBM Watson AI silo that we were making. Middle of explaining his history he said “…then I joined SlaveX” and caught himself, feeling embarrassed.

He apologized and explained that’s what he and his coworkers had called their employer for the two years he worked there. That says all I need to know.

It's probably known about the culture for people working there, but the "(and I mean *minimum*)" bit would have me polishing my resume that day. The place I left a few months ago had zero work life balance despite lip service from management about it being important. I can't even imagine how bad it is somewhere that isn't even trying to hide behind that veneer.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

He's a terrible mess of a human being, but being what he is this is another occasion where I kinda have to say this is more crafty than I expected him to be. I figured he'd be a full on bitcoin bro but he got in on the scheme and got out right away when it made him money.

I hope he goes to prison eventually or at least that I never, ever have to hear his name again.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I want; money AND to work less than 40 hours a week

My understanding is I should vote blue no matter who??

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Whole world would be better off if more people stopped working for these large corps tbh but i understand why the average worker is drawn towards the safety, especially if you’re all about employment wage transparency.

Coca Cola followed every other fortune 100 and went back on working remote, forcing everyone to come to Atlanta. I know myself and roughly 3 others on my 9 person team put in their two weeks

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

BlindSite posted:

Cardio exercise is great and you should definitely continue but when it comes to weightloss it's about 10% of the equation and 90% is what goes in your gob.

Im sure you're up on calculators online for caloric intake and trackers like my fitness pal and that stuff but to make a long answer short "nah".
This is so true. Tracking calories and paying attention to what I eat has made a huge difference.

What I want is a big plate of hot wings and a big plate of loaded nachos. What I’m having is as much celery / broccoli cauliflower as I can stand and then a sensible protein.

BlindSite posted:

Making birria tacos this weekend - had to buy the dried peppers and chipotle in adobe online because I can't find them anywhere in stores, gonna go the extra mile and make the tortillas too.

I am quite keen to make this. Last time I had a chance to try birria tacos the place I went to had sold out and I had to get a burrito. Then did that thing where you're sad and eating a food that's good but not want you want.
Please post the reaction of your Aussie friends to homemade birria tacos.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Abugadu posted:

I’m terrible about trying to tough out pain before seeking help.
My dad is like that. Earlier this year he had tooth pain that was bothering him for a while and thought it was just a cracked crown that needed constant adjustment. Eventually the pain was so bad he went to the hospital and they found infection in his jaw that had gotten to his bloodstream so he had sepsis and needed IV antibiotics for 3 weeks.

Pain is your body saying “HEY FUCKO! FIX THIS NOW!”

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Shinji2015 posted:

Reading that tweet makes me think that Musk wanted to yell at someone who was working remotely and got mad that they weren't pissing their pants in fear like they surely would have in person

Probably:

https://twitter.com/BagBurn/status/1531968714299555841?t=cdYSBHeeQwb6DLbM2n5ccQ&s=19

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

I thought an interns job was to wait in line so the paid people don't have too. Aha, get the interns sub interns who are not onlynunpaid, but have to pay for the job!

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

no no. he may not have created the companies, but he's a productivity and systems genius! he scaled them.

all said while never acknowledging the untold billions of federal dollars that have kept the lights on for both businesses.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Braksgirl posted:

Oh good, that means it's ok then. If you'd have liked it, I would have been shocked.

Our time as Food and Fashion Enemies continues

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
whitepeople.txt

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1531628462431248385

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I'm not sure we needed that? Just keep the burrito wrapped up in the foil and you're good to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'd bet dollars that burritos wrapped in foil don't instagram well is the answer to that.