Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pants Donkey posted:

Republicans know mental health reform means socializing health care, because people with mental health problems likely can’t afford therapy or…they wouldn’t have mental health problems? So at best you get calls to build asylums, because gently caress helping people when we can make a profit off Prison 2.0.

Building asylums? I don't think so, Ronald Reagan emptied mental hospitals and sent the patients out into the streets with zero support systems and "become homeless and die of exposure" has remained the Republicans main approach to people suffering from mental health problems ever since.

And also people with physical health problems.

And anyone poor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's hard to make out, but the Biden Vulture has blood on his wing.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: May You Invade in Interesting Times

Ted Rall posted:

President Joe Biden says he’s willing to go to war militarily against China in order to defend Taiwan if China invades. But that’s hard to square with the fact that the United States doesn’t recognize Taiwan as a sovereign country in the first place.

First Dog on the Moon: Who will be the minister for sucking up to the teals but ignoring the Greens until it is too late?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Trapezium Dave posted:

Raze Ohio to the ground, the US even might come out better out of that plan. As usual, gently caress you Rall.

Raised By Birds posted:

Stuart Carlson

I still cannot believe that well known scumbag Ted Cruz actually said it, but well it happened.

quote:

Clay Jones

Oh good, someone else noticed the contrast.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Twelve by Pies posted:

Which of course ignores that the cops weren't doing nothing, they were actually arresting parents who were trying to go in to rescue their children, so it's unlikely those parents having guns would have helped in any way.

Based on their performance, if the parents had guns, the cops wouldn't stand in their way.

So more guns would actually help, CHECK MATE LIBRUL. :v:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Until we get a TF2 style healing gun I don't want to hear anyone calling for more guns.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

By popular demand posted:

Until we get a TF2 style healing gun I don't want to hear anyone calling for more guns.

I think we should ban different guns each year. Just to shake up the meta. Trying to solve the problem with more guns just leads to power creep.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Horsey has been doing boring, bland centrism for the past few months but now he's gone back to some gross centrism, babyyyyy

quote:

Seattle’s cold, wet month of May may have worked out for Mayor Bruce Harrell. No one is feeling like summer is just around the corner, so maybe we will all forget that the mayor promised a comprehensive police hiring plan “before summer.”

When faced with a crisis, leaders in this town have a strong tendency to haggle about the problem, fiddle with it and drench it in bureaucratic process without getting much accomplished for months and years at a time (think homelessness). Today, the city has a cops crisis — we do not have enough of them — and it is getting worse by the day.

Over the last two years, the Seattle Police Department has lost about a fourth of its officers. In the first three months of 2022, the city had aimed to hire 40 new cops, but only brought in 13. Meanwhile, an additional 43 resigned.

Srice fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jun 1, 2022

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

oh well if the us doesn’t officially recognize the republic of china’s soverepphhbt

biden is definitely the actor who comes out looking bad here, no one else

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

At first i thought this was going to be an Uvalde cartoon. Just excellent timing to bring up the need for more cops to stop a crime quickly, and of course he never shuts up about the homeless.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
If only they had a couple more apcs they really could have arrested all those scary parents yelling at them for doing nothing.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Kikas posted:

Raze Ohio to the ground, the US even might come out better out of that plan. As usual, gently caress you Rall.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

oh well if the us doesn’t officially recognize the republic of china’s soverepphhbt

biden is definitely the actor who comes out looking bad here, no one else

There's always one person who defends Rall, and I really, really hate to be that person, but isn't he right here? Isn't it horseshit hypocrisy to talk of protecting Taiwan while refusing to officially recognize it as an independent state?

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Trapezium Dave posted:

This is like the fifth comic with the “No, dudes, Trump was totally normal and worth voting for” subtext Rall has put out, huh

Edit:

rydiafan posted:

There's always one person who defends Rall, and I really, really hate to be that person, but isn't he right here? Isn't it horseshit hypocrisy to talk of protecting Taiwan while refusing to officially recognize it as an independent state?

The US decided not to officially recognize Taiwan years and years ago to not needlessly antagonize China over an issue they weren’t doing anything about.

To stay ‘consistent’, either the US pushes the issue of Taiwan’s independence into more of a crisis, or the US lets China know it’s cool to do a Ukraine-style invasion of Taiwan. Is either of those options worth “being consistent”?

Demanding that the US do something stupid or dangerous is the name of “consistency” isn’t actually good policy. You do not, in fact, actually have to hand it to Rall on this issue.

skeleton warrior fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jun 1, 2022

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

rydiafan posted:

Maybe I'm just pragmatism poisoned, but I feel like starting poo poo with China, especially when there are Taiwanese themselves who are unsure about if they want to join with China or not, is probably more destructive to the country than the limbo status they currently have. I think if it were framed as "We're defending the Taiwanese right to choose their future", it'd probably ablate a lot of that worry your feeling, though.

Sargon of TN
Nov 7, 2011
The Kreider I think about after every mass shooting...

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Holy poo poo what a trio

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nomination: Worst cartoon about a tragedy.

Also, a nomination for worst cartoon about gun violence and/or abortion, because those seem very likely to become contenders for bonus categories this year.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
wow :eyepoop:

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

Bad news: she’s going to be affected by global patriarchy.

Good news: she will be sooo tall when she does.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Konec Hry posted:

I guess she's going to be an Olympian, good for her.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

skeleton warrior posted:

This is like the fifth comic with the “No, dudes, Trump was totally normal and worth voting for” subtext Rall has put out, huh

Edit:

The US decided not to officially recognize Taiwan years and years ago to not needlessly antagonize China over an issue they weren’t doing anything about.

To stay ‘consistent’, either the US pushes the issue of Taiwan’s independence into more of a crisis, or the US lets China know it’s cool to do a Ukraine-style invasion of Taiwan. Is either of those options worth “being consistent”?

Demanding that the US do something stupid or dangerous is the name of “consistency” isn’t actually good policy. You do not, in fact, actually have to hand it to Rall on this issue.

Yes, maintaining status quo is the best alternative for all sides involved. "One country, two systems" policy is nixed already and Taiwan will not submit to being under CCP rule. Meanwhile China would not tolerate any talk of Taiwanese de jure independence. At the very least there would be massive market instability as China and USA would get into trade war, and worst case is a shooting war with millions killed.

But of course the only thing that matters is that Rall gets to be smug! :agesilaus:

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jun 1, 2022

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Srice posted:

Horsey has been doing boring, bland centrism for the past few months but now he's gone back to some gross centrism, babyyyyy

https://twitter.com/MidTNDSA/status/1529594847459389440

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I need this tweet on a shirt.
NEED.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

This does seem a little too glib, though

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

"Shot Down"

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

skeleton warrior posted:

Kellies nomination: best edit

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

by Luo Jie

Le Monde

by Amorim from Brazil

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson’s increasingly tenuous position – More Tory MPs expressed misgivings over the PM’s leadership on Tuesday; however, he has shown no sign of seeking a confidence vote"

Telegraph:

Airports try to blame getaway delays on holidaymakers arriving too early

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Protester smears cake on Mona Lisa’s security glass

Evening Standard:

"The Standard View: Thanks to Her Majesty for a lifetime of service"

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

skeleton warrior posted:

I'm going to save that edit, and next time I deal with someone saying that about mass shootings have them read it, won't change their mind in all likelyhood, but better than me trying to explain with words and being interrupted by them.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

100YrsofAttitude posted:

China Daily

by Luo Jie

I Mean I agree with the sentient, but it's the beginning of June kids. Can't you ask for those things as like, I dunno, a Pride present so they get here faster?

Edit:

Ah, gently caress, gently caress! I just realized I misread this as CHRISTMAS day when it says CHILDREN'S day. Please ignore me I have broke brain.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jun 1, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Stop drawing Boris Johnson naked you degenerates. Is it because you don't have an Empire you can take your frustrations out on, is that what it is?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

AtomikKrab posted:

I'm going to save that edit, and next time I deal with someone saying that about mass shootings have them read it, won't change their mind in all likelyhood, but better than me trying to explain with words and being interrupted by them.
They are 100% just going to respond with a wojak picture about how leftist memes are too wordy

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com

Kellies Nomination: Worst Gaslighting

No one wants nuclear families to go away. Government should help families that aren't nuclear because we live in the real world and tragedies happen! In the last 2 years, a lot of kids lost a parent to COVID, let alone all the other horrible things that can kill parents! Do you hate parents who just aren't married? If you end abortion, that means even more kids will be born to mothers who aren't married to the father!

Which religion? Islam is getting far worse than ridicule from the right wing. Anti-semitism is still a real thing that happens. Oh you mean Christianity? Which Christianity, and which "traditional values"? The denominations and the belief systems that demonize LGBT people, condemn premarital sex, and deny women the right to reproductive health care? I thought so.

Demonizing police and calling for their defunding did happen. The police did not actually get defunded, and when the police act like demons (too many horrible incidents to list) or act like taking 40% of the municipal budget is a massive waste (Uvalde police department), they do not help their case.

No one called riots "peaceful protests". They explicitly said that 93% of BLM demonstrations were peaceful. Yes, that means 7% of the demonstrations turned violent but stating the facts is not loving gaslighting. Or did you mean the violent and deadly January 6, 2021 attempt at an insurrection? The January 6 event that the Republican Party labeled "legitimate political discourse"? Of course you didn't.

The lockdowns are over, and you don't give a poo poo about the trauma vulnerable students suffered when they brought COVID home and killed grandma or grandpa. That's not even getting into the children who died from COVID.

Easy access to powerful guns is a cause of school shootings, and exacerbates their fatalities. Republicans are committed to preserving easy access to powerful guns.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Vib Rib posted:

They are 100% just going to respond with a wojak picture about how leftist memes are too wordy

Ah, this takes me back to the heady days of SA, when you could simply reply to a wall of text with "tldr" and be on your way, content in your victory.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

And crying about the effect of lockdowns on kids is loving hilarious when kids at all grade levels have to have literal lockdown drills multiple times a year you stupid gently caress!

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Goddamn. What the gently caress does sentencing have to do with suicidal spree killers? gently caress.

Konec Hry posted:

Global patriarchy only affects titans. Us mortals just get regular local patriarchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

oobey posted:

Ah, this takes me back to the heady days of SA, when you could simply reply to a wall of text with "tldr" and be on your way, content in your victory.

syq

Dr. Stab posted:

Goddamn. What the gently caress does sentencing have to do with suicidal spree killers? gently caress.

They wouldn't go on suicidal sprees if they ran the risk of getting life in jail or even the death penalty obviously! deterrence is the only measure allowed, and the more cruel and punitive the justice system is, the more it deters

incidentally, republicans are extremely hostile to any initiative to teach or encourage critical thought or theory, wonder why that is