Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Oxyclean posted:

Feel like the stuff about it being an open world where you aren't directed by the story would make that even harder then it was for Legends.

Find it funny that Legend's most "memorable" character to me is the dude that I went "oh gently caress this dude" every time he showed up lol.

I too am awestruck whenever I see the great melli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Oxyclean posted:

Find it funny that Legend's most "memorable" character to me is the dude that I went "oh gently caress this dude" every time he showed up lol.

It's true Ingo's presence fills me with despair

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
These box legendaries are the most Yugioh rear end monsters I've ever seen. They're even motorcycles.

GOIN FAST MAKES ME FEEL ALIVE

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

These box legendaries are the most Yugioh rear end monsters I've ever seen. They're even motorcycles.

Honestly the wheel-shapes in the necks instantly made me think of beyblades

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Gotta go fast

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Going forward, I will refer to police officers only as Lechonk.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
I dunno if it's the graphics or what but most of that trailer had the vibe of a free mobile game Pokémon knock off

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Xander B Coolridge posted:

I dunno if it's the graphics or what but most of that trailer had the vibe of a free mobile game Pokémon knock off

The overworld looks like poo poo

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Their graphics always suck

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Larryb posted:

Both professors are giving off strong “I’m secretly evil” vibes to me (it would be an interesting twist at least)

They aren't named after trees. They definitely are.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Spanish Manlove posted:

Their graphics always suck

They need to find out how the hell Capcom made the re engine because Rise looks great and not just for a switch game imo.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Eimi posted:

They need to find out how the hell Capcom made the re engine because Rise looks great and not just for a switch game imo.

I mean Rise on Switch has some bad looking textures on some maps.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It runs really well though.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Game Freak are so bad at anything technical it's shameful with the amount of resources they have. They should have done what Intelligence Systems did with 3Houses, get help from another Japanese dev like Koei Tecmo, even other Nintendo franchises have had dev done from Bandai Namco.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

In a way it is a Disney situation. Disney has all the money in the world and they refuse to spend any of it to make their Marvel movies look good. Their Star Wars shows look like Hercules or Xena but in widescreen.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Oh wow, a properly open world Pokemon game where the pokemon follow you around, with online co-op. This is all looking great!

The one feature that really needs to return is secret bases. With good furniture variety. I basically just want to play more Animal Crossing with my friends where I get to see their cool stuff and show off my own cool stuff.

I do wonder what the point of co-op is going to be, gameplay wise. Will you be able to battle together and stuff?

Ulio posted:

Game Freak are so bad at anything technical it's shameful with the amount of resources they have. They should have done what Intelligence Systems did with 3Houses, get help from another Japanese dev like Koei Tecmo, even other Nintendo franchises have had dev done from Bandai Namco.
I mean, Three Houses looked like rear end too though.

I assume there must be something about the Switch that just can't handle textures. I feel like the prettiest Switch games like Breath of the Wild made things work with a lot of solid colors instead of textures.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

This is just a placeholder until our two new boys arrive.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

This is just a placeholder until our two new boys arrive.

Quietly appreciating Charizard lifting up his leg to let out a little fiery fart

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Pawmi looks extremely huggable :kimchi:

Also

SMOLIV

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
A friend mentioned that Pawmi looks like a pre-evo for Yamper and god I hope not. Baby pokemon suck

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

humpthewind posted:

A friend mentioned that Pawmi looks like a pre-evo for Yamper and god I hope not. Baby pokemon suck

No it doesn't?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Detective No. 27 posted:

In a way it is a Disney situation. Disney has all the money in the world and they refuse to spend any of it to make their Marvel movies look good. Their Star Wars shows look like Hercules or Xena but in widescreen.

Marvel content, yes, but I don’t understand why you are trying to lump Star Wars in there. Apart from the uncanny valley deepfake poo poo, the Star Wars shows have looked incredibly good. The technology they use to create the sets is cool af

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

humpthewind posted:

Lmao it looks more like a pre-evo for the Awoofy from Kirby

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Marvel content, yes, but I don’t understand why you are trying to lump Star Wars in there. Apart from the uncanny valley deepfake poo poo, the Star Wars shows have looked incredibly good. The technology they use to create the sets is cool af

Someone a few posts back said the new footage looks like 'an early Gamecube game', you just have to accept that kind of hyperbole.

new character models drawn by Onfim, smh

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Ometeotl posted:

No it doesn't?

It looks like a rodent, like all the pikachu clones. Maybe like a chinchilla or hamster or something.

A baby Yamper would presumably be a puppy, which it doesn't look like.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

humpthewind posted:

It seems to be based on a defibrilator, so it's probably its own thing:

Pokemon website posted:

In addition to the electric sacs in its cheeks, Pawmi has electricity-discharging organs on its forepaws. It generates electricity by rubbing its cheeks, then it shocks its opponents by touching them with the pads on its forepaws.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Ah, I just realized Prof Sada is pasada and Turo is futuro

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I mean rodents are basically tiny dogs.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

They started out looking pretty good but they’re starting to drop effort. This sequence from Obiwan looks so cheap.
https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1531379611518615554?s=21&t=EvQvnQdvfHJyrN3YVMBY0A

Entertaining, but cheap looking.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Ah, I just realized Prof Sada is pasada and Turo is futuro

Those are so much more painful than tree puns.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Can't wait for the people sifting through wikipedia articles on tree species to dig up tree names that also mean past and future

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Noonsaliwah posted:

The handlebars in both legendary designs (horns / shoulders) have big 'rideable pokemon return' energy.

They also both have "ride on" in their name

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Vinylshadow posted:

Can't wait for the people sifting through wikipedia articles on tree species to dig up tree names that also mean past and future

I assume people are furiously Googling trees to say how the games look worse than anything ever released on n64.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Eimi posted:

Those are so much more painful than tree puns.

If anything making the puns thematic is way better than just "we've always done plants so idk let's do that again"

really the only way it'd be better is if the past professor's motif still doubled as a plant pun and the future guy was like, something totally different

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

quote:

Games > Pokemon Megathread: Who are you kidding, you're still gonna buy both copies.

:sigh: Alexa, play Sprigatito Despacito remix

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Shiroc posted:

I assume people are furiously Googling trees to say how the games look worse than anything ever released on n64.

I mean the game mostly looks like poo poo graphically but what’s the last Pokemon game that didn’t

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

I mean the game mostly looks like poo poo graphically but what’s the last Pokemon game that didn’t

B2/W2

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
X/Y, ORAS, and USUM all look better on the 2DS because they're all 2D on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

TheKingofSprings posted:

The game looks overall fine but completely unexceptional. The Switch is weak hardware and Pokémon’s overall art style doesn’t play on it as well as stuff like Mario. Maybe they should stylize it more like how Breath of the Wild was slightly cel shaded painterly but it seems like Pokémon really wants to go semi realistic with light cartoony to make the Pokémon feel like real animals.