Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

whypick1 posted:

Would've expected more tbh

it's per container

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

Actually that pun rules. Also that’s just a screenshot of the sun and not a link to their site and you clowns shouldn’t be so delicate that you have to pretend the sun doesn’t exist.

The reason we don't post the sun isn't because we're too sensitive and get triggered by the Chad newspaper it's because it has proven itself to be an enemy of football and football fans and as such has no place here. I live and work in the city where many shops still won't stock it on principle so maybe feel a bit more strongly about it. A bit precious in a dead forum with 11 people in it but it's literally the one actual unique rule of this forum.

Chaz is a good lad and on measure should have probably given it the old snip snip with an explanation for any new people. We live and learn

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
it's me I'm the poster who's so delicate I get triggered by the Ch*d

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
The S*n is bad and if you've been in TRP for more than 5 min you should probably know why

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

sticksy posted:

The S*n is bad and if you've been in TRP for more than 5 min you should probably know why

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Someone went through and predicted all the games

https://www.espn.com/sports/insider...al?platform=amp

Big fan of Canada knocking out blegum in this

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Alctel posted:

there is an insane amount of trent fellatio going on in this north american soccer article

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I'm not sure the writer of that article has taken Into account the one big issue surrounding the scheduling of the tournament in the first place - the heat.

It's going to be a big leveller against European teams. I fully expect Qatar to get out of their group, either through their players being used to the humidity or through good old fashioned corruption.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Dell_Zincht posted:

I'm not sure the writer of that article has taken Into account the one big issue surrounding the scheduling of the tournament in the first place - the heat.

It's going to be a big leveller against European teams. I fully expect Qatar to get out of their group, either through their players being used to the humidity or through good old fashioned corruption.

It's November and December, isn't it? The heat is not really going to be an issue, especially later in the competition. It'll be cooler than summers in Europe, especially as so many of the matches will be played in the evening. In the first round of matches, only 15 of the 48 matches will kick off during daylight, and eight of those will kick off at 4 pm and finish in the dark.

Every match from the last 16 onwards will kick off after sunset, and they will not be hot.

Some of the earlier matches - Wales/Scotland/Ukraine have a 1 pm match on the 25th November - might be warm, but they're not going to be excessive.

The below graph is poor because it assumes that the Qatar matches will be played in the summer, but some of the other numbers are interesting, especially compared to the Doha weather graph above.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Scottish players in a 1pm match in Qatar, think they might have to intentionally bottle the playoffs for player safety reasons

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Morocco topping that group is a wild idea to me

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
moroccan me crazy man

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Alctel posted:

Semifinal: England 2-2 Germany, England win on penalties

:lol::lol:

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

jeebus bob posted:

Will the Brazil-Argentina match ever be played?

Yes, yes it will

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

paddyboat posted:

I just realized that half of the group matches are at 5am EDT including ENG/US

:tfrxmas:

Nightshift best shift.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Collateral posted:

Nightshift best shift.

Fairly certain every USMNT game is in the 2pm EST slot? So no early morning games

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Scotland/Ukraine is on now.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Scotland lying down to embarrass Putin. great sportsmanship

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I’m reminded that the whole UK could probably field a genuinely good team but they refuse to and will never again win a major tournament as England and it’s funny.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Getting beat at home by a country currently at war that hasn't played in 6 months would be an all time Scotlanding

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

qirex posted:

I’m reminded that the whole UK could probably field a genuinely good team but they refuse to and will never again win a major tournament as England and it’s funny.

This is the England that got to a semi final and a final in the last two tournaments, right?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Butterfly Valley posted:

This is the England that got to a semi final and a final in the last two tournaments, right?

Could have used Gareth Bale taking a penalty in the Euro final maybe?

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Butterfly Valley posted:

I do believe that fits within the parameters of not winning, yes.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Good effort Scotland! Maybe next century, eh.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Butterfly Valley posted:

If you ain't first, you're last

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

the comeback is on...

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
probably wanted to take a shot with one of those two open half chances, Scotland

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
We've improved a lot under Clarke but he completely blew it tonight and I don't think he'll be around for the next campaign. Soul-sucking football is only acceptable when paired with results.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Her Dryer posted:

We've improved a lot under Clarke but he completely blew it tonight and I don't think he'll be around for the next campaign. Soul-sucking football is only acceptable when paired with results.

Is it an underachievement for Scotland to fall in the playoff places? Ukraine are an objectively better team, whether what's going on in Ukraine right now is inspiring/detracting from them or not. Robertson aside, and I'm genuinely curious, who are the other world class players in the Scotland squad?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dammit Scotland, all you had to do was be the bad guys and beat Ukraine so my glorious boys could seek revenge this weekend, capture the hearts of world watching and finally make it through to the bastarding World Cup.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Is it an underachievement for Scotland to fall in the playoff places? Ukraine are an objectively better team, whether what's going on in Ukraine right now is inspiring/detracting from them or not. Robertson aside, and I'm genuinely curious, who are the other world class players in the Scotland squad?

In any one qualifying campaign, probably not. Over the piece, it’s clearly a concern.

The best argument against the Robertson point is Wales. The most important/celebrated goal they’ve scored recently was by a Championship journeyman who didn’t have a club, against a team of world class players in every position. Their two most recognisable players in Bale and Ramsey available intermittently, but a team around them that’s young, coached properly and trusted.

Clarke was beaten because he’s not a very good coach, surrounded by other not very good coaches, and his style is poo poo for international football. A stuffy 0-0 draw in the Euros might actually be his high point.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

I don't think the gulf between Ukraine and Scotland is insurmountable. Ukraine are a decent team but it's not like we were playing a major power. It was 3-1 going on about 8-1, an absolute embarrassment, and it's largely because of tactics. Not pressing, playing three at the back against three forwards, playing a midfielder in defence, players who have had poo poo seasons still getting a game because they played well last year.. It's a huge blown opportunity.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Fair enough thanks both :)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Total Meatlove posted:

The best argument against the Robertson point is Wales. The most important/celebrated goal they’ve scored recently was by a Championship journeyman who didn’t have a club, against a team of world class players in every position. Their two most recognisable players in Bale and Ramsey available intermittently, but a team around them that’s young, coached properly and trusted.

Cracking goal, too.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

tbh if Scotland had a striker who reached the level of 'championship journeyman' they'd be a significantly better team

you could send them Kahn, Cannavaro and Ferdinand on lend-lease and they'd still likely get pumped in the playoffs if there's gently caress all in front of them

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
I hear Robertson is getting mild amounts of poo poo for having been in the Liverpool celebration parade on Sunday, but I feel like there were enough days for him to recover. If he wasn't great, you might need to think about how many matches he played this season for his club alone.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Benzema's goal tonight vs Denmark was :eyepop: https://v.fodder.gg/v/tr7k9b

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
That pass from Højbjerg... phwoarr

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Is that Belgium done now, are we all agreed that it was funny but the bit has finally run its course?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Not feeding your childs garbage friends lands superiority ftw