Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Placeholder
Sep 24, 2008

THanks! It really is such a stupid mechanic that the AI has no idea how to use. I quit my last game as Kairos in frustration since my own loving Tzeentch vassals wouldn't stop transfering my settelements to the enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Zerk did some T1 Infantry testing and for anyone struggling with Slaanesh: pink Marauders are absolute lads. Outlasting Nurglings and Jade Warriors, overcoming volley damage taken to beat out Blue Horrors.. they just have so many useful pieces(speed, shields, MD, damage output) to make up for their gimmick of "lol 5 armor." Just try to limit their suicide fodder front activity to 1:1 so they don't take attacks too fast and suffer from that armor absence. In a tier where 25+ MA is a lot you'll find 42 MD is crazy good.

You also very easily farm -15% upkeep reduction for Marauder followers since the condition is "use Marauders in a battle", letting you more than 2:1 Marauder upkeep vs trying a Daemonette frontline.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I honestly had Tzeentch fuckery happen only a couple of times and they were both Kairos giving me settlements as Nurgle. But I never NAPed them and also steadily obliterated them off the map. I imagine Cathay has a differing experience unmodded.

I'm kinda holding off on Slaanesh for IE because I feel like the faction mechanics will just be so much better.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I like the mods that add chaos warriors to each faction, like Khorne has, although they sort of make every chaos army basically unstoppable by giving them a heavily armored murder front line.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Placeholder posted:

THanks! It really is such a stupid mechanic that the AI has no idea how to use. I quit my last game as Kairos in frustration since my own loving Tzeentch vassals wouldn't stop transfering my settelements to the enemy.

very thematic!

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Placeholder posted:

Just as planned.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah it seems perfectly on point

Placeholder
Sep 24, 2008
Kairos Fateweaver... more like Kairos Fartweaver.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Placeholder posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhUnq9DhC10

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

God dammit, I need IE. I was playing as Katarin, which is actually a LOT less stressful now in 1.2 (because not every demon on earth charges directly at you now), and I came to the aid of Ostermark. I wasn't in range to attack the rift army directly, but the elector attacked them on the next turn, so I got to show up as reinforcements.

He was mostly running Spearmen with a few crossbows, and this was a late game rift army so he was getting poo poo on by Bloodletters... until I finally showed up with War Bears, Heavy Sleds, etc. I swear to gently caress, charging the bears down a small hill directly into the flank of the demons and rolling the entire line up to save the Imperials was just too loving cool.

I need IE. I need it.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Gonkish being Rohan over here with me hiding in trees waiting until the allied army routes completely

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Twigand Berries posted:

Gonkish being Rohan over here with me hiding in trees waiting until the allied army routes completely

Bear cav charges are neat, I couldn't contain my enthusiasm.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I like the mod that turns Manfred into a Big Problem because Kislev armies are super fun to use against undead.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Placeholder posted:

I found out where Kairos works at the other day

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I found out where Kairos works at the other day

Unfortunately, they only cut hair in styles that are not yet in fashion or no longer in fashion.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Skrag owns a quiznos franchise in that same strip mall and i'm pretty sure that massage place is a front for Slaanesh maybe Nurgle is this in America?

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

wiegieman posted:

Unfortunately, they only cut hair in styles that are not yet in fashion or no longer were never in fashion despite everyone being quite sure they most definitely were at some point but that point is not now.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Twigand Berries posted:

Skrag owns a quiznos franchise in that same strip mall and i'm pretty sure that massage place is a front for Slaanesh maybe Nurgle is this in America?

No Nurgle is running Chipotle

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The Skulls for the Skull Throne event starts today, and GW is doing a big game announcement stream at 1 Eastern/10 Pacific
https://twitch.tv/warhammer

They seem to be hinting that there will be game 3 announcements there. No game updates this month doesn’t preclude announcements of next quarter’s updates. I am prepared to eat crow over this.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Immortal Empires trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAuMUWYcSHc

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ppphhhhhttttttttt

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
The original Chaosgate is free on GOG. They also mentioned more "classic" 40k games coming, as always I'm praying for Dark Omen.
https://www.gog.com/en/game/warhammer_skulls_2022_digital_goodie_pack

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Looks like the mortal empires map just expanded to the east...

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

A little cheesy but I can dig it

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
More announcements on Immortal Empires will be coming starting the 14th:

https://mobile.twitter.com/totalwar/status/1532052058269949955

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Wheres that nothing quote.

I hope they release more info on the 14th rather than just repeating what was said on the roadmap. What's with the ogre mercs being so prevalent haha i've literally never used them because i already have faction units that fill my limited 20 stack. If they were like a waaagh army and didn't take unit slots then i'd use them.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Arghy posted:

Wheres that nothing quote.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Summon the elector counts is a good quote

I wish companies would cut the Q1-4 poo poo, we all know it’s happening in late September, stop pretending otherwise you goddamn assholes. Also it’s a loving beta?! After almost a year?!

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

jokes posted:

Summon the elector counts is a good quote

I wish companies would cut the Q1-4 poo poo, we all know it’s happening in late September, stop pretending otherwise you goddamn assholes. Also it’s a loving beta?! After almost a year?!

Yes, they are releasing it as a beta so that when the inevitable bugs and balance issues appear they can point to that and say "it's not like we didnt tell you".

The inverse of people who say that they would have been happier with WH3 on release if it had had the same release with a "early access" tag slapped on.

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Laughing Zealot posted:

Looks like the mortal empires map just expanded to the east...

The shape of the north coast of Araby is similar to the one from the "leak" and not at all like it is in the Mortal Empires. Plus the Wizard islands or whatever are in a completely different spot. Its definitely not just a squished ME.

99pct of germs fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jun 1, 2022

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Whats supposed to be in Antarctica in the warhammer world?

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Wall-to-wall beastmen and demons.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Sounds like a crusade FOR THE LADY is in order

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
I'd rather they release it with a beta banner to set expectations that it is going to have jack and will evolve and expand over time, than it be launched as is (or delayed) and have people moaning. And let's be honest the last one could also have been classed as a beta and it worked out ok

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ-e6FzLkC0

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

The same hole to Chaos Realm as in the north, but because there are no playable faction nearby, literally everyone in the setting completely ignores it.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Silly as it is, releasing it as a beta is probably one of the only ways to temper people's expectations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

The same hole to Chaos Realm as in the north, but because there are no playable faction nearby, literally everyone in the setting completely ignores it.

Makes it sound like a global warming metaphor when you put it that way lol

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Chaos penguins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Woman Island
Feb 21, 2011

Did Karl Franz always sound like that or does he have more of a lisp in that trailer?

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Chaos penguins

Chaos Pengmen :colbert: