Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

No Butt Stuff posted:

Parmesan Basil is due back any day now.

Tyreek is off KC.... Wasn't that the reason he was so anti-KC despite being a Chiefs fan? Which while I'm not the judge of the use of the label is a pretty funny double standard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Matt Ryan has had success so I feel that’s unfair

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

wandler20 posted:

Who's the worst, best QB in a division? Matt Ryan? Dak?

Last year it was definitely Tannehill.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I don't think it's a long running conspiracy. The Cable/Jackson two year period where they were an undisciplined disaster - and had a huge number of penalties above average - probably explains most of that. Run the same exercise starting in 2012.

I think there's an argument to be made that the Raiders were routinely getting hosed over by refs during the Al Davis years since they had a hard on for him and he didn't take their poo poo. But, traditionally, the Raider brand of football has been pretty dirty so getting flagged a lot seems in line

wandler20 posted:

Do you mean the best worst QB in a division? I'm confused. Like if you stacked them one through four in each division, who's best lowest rated one? I'd say probably Derrick Carr based on that. Or, the other way around? Who's the worst "top" one if you ranked them all? Reading it again, that's what you meant I think.

In which case I'd easily say Tannehill

EDIT

Oh wait. Ryan is in that division now. hmmm....

I think Dak is good. TBH, I don't think Stafford is that great.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kalli posted:

Last year it was definitely Tannehill.

Next year it’s going to be whoever the best QB in the NFC South is.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Next year it’s going to be whoever the best QB in the NFC South North is.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Forrest on Fire posted:

Tyreek is off KC.... Wasn't that the reason he was so anti-KC despite being a Chiefs fan? Which while I'm not the judge of the use of the label is a pretty funny double standard

Yeah, as long as Tyreek was on the team he wasn’t watching.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Forrest on Fire posted:

frank clark too

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

wandler20 posted:

It's Dak. Unless you think Hurts is better. Then it's Hurts.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

wandler20 posted:

2020 Alex Smith in the NFC East

Dak was out so you had Dalton,
The Giants had Daniel Jones
and the Eagles had Wentz/Hurts

Smith probably shouldn't have even been playing and he was by far the best QB in the division that year. His 5 wins in 6 games were only 1 win behind the total wins the Cowboys and Giants had for the whole season.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Say it isn't so. Canton awaits!!

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1532408475115892751

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

wandler20 posted:

There had to have been a year where Matt Hasselbeck was the best QB in the NFC West

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

He and Alex Smith should travel the country in an old Transit van and solve crimes.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Still remember the first time Fitzpatrick took snaps in the NFL for the Rams after being a 7th round pick. Threw 3 TDs to lead the Rams in a comeback win over the Texans after Jamie Martin got hurt then promptly lost his next three starts and got traded to the Bengals the next year. What a career.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

DariusLikewise posted:

Still remember the first time Fitzpatrick took snaps in the NFL for the Rams after being a 7th round pick. Threw 3 TDs to lead the Rams in a comeback win over the Texans after Jamie Martin got hurt then promptly lost his next three starts and got traded to the Bengals the next year. What a career.

Truly a man after Kyle Orton's heart.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Black Lighter posted:

There had to have been a year where Matt Hasselbeck was the best QB in the NFC West

San Francisco started Tim Rattay, Cardinals had McCown and Marc Bulger.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Marc Bulger was the best QB in the NFL in 2004

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

DariusLikewise posted:

Marc Bulger was the best QB in the NFL in 2004

My brother in football prime Peyton had like 50 TDs that year.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Carolina trade talk won't go away...

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1536701566585122816

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

I know Matt Rhule's job is on the line, but is the GMs? If I'm the GM I am in no rush to give up a lot to get Mayfield just to try and save Rhule's job this season. Plus they already gave up way too much to get Darnold. They are better off forcing the Browns to cut him or eat salary.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

syzpid posted:

I know Matt Rhule's job is on the line, but is the GMs? If I'm the GM I am in no rush to give up a lot to get Mayfield just to try and save Rhule's job this season. Plus they already gave up way too much to get Darnold. They are better off forcing the Browns to cut him or eat salary.

Yeah, but there is a certain point where if you wait too long to acquire your starting QB you are basically punting on the early part of the season.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Yeah, but there is a certain point where if you wait too long to acquire your starting QB you are basically punting on the early part of the season.

Yeah, Seattle and Carolina just seem resigned to saying "gently caress it" this year, which is weird. Maybe they're waiting to see what shakes out of the tree when guys start getting waived?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BiggerBoat posted:

Yeah, Seattle and Carolina just seem resigned to saying "gently caress it" this year, which is weird. Maybe they're waiting to see what shakes out of the tree when guys start getting waived?

multiple good qb prospects in the 2023 draft, op

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
This time last year the 2022 class was supposed to be at least alright with Sam Howell and Rattler. We're just throwing bones and reading sheep livers speculating at this point.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ches Neckbeard posted:

This time last year the 2022 class was supposed to be at least alright with Sam Howell and Rattler. We're just throwing bones and reading sheep livers speculating at this point.
Yeah and everyone acknowledged that the QB class would suck taint and it did.

Look at this baller:
https://twitter.com/SECNetwork/status/1434540066483884034

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

https://twitter.com/OurTwoBits/status/1434358721833021446?s=20&t=N7stzdl9SFo8m2YvAxd2Mw

shoving the ball down the throat of power house whatever FAU stands for

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i'll give you a two hints: the F stands for Florida and the U stands for University

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Anthony Richardson has thrown 66 passes in his college career. Those highlights represent a large portion of his total output.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Yeah and it freaking owns

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

syzpid posted:

I wouldnt think so. He's been in trying to get every available QB only to get outbid by what everyone considered unreasonable overs each time.

The Darnold trade is a bit of a disaster considering it was for a 2nd but every other move has been pretty good. Including some pretty good value free agents and not paying overs to keep our own.

Im not 100% sold on fitterer but he seems to be doing the right thing.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Money talks! But four holdouts remain...

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1539385172960825344

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Christ every time I know better but every time I still read the comments. There are some hosed up gross people in this world.

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?
The click-bait bullshit on Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Seahawks, and Panthers is getting really annoying. Like stop writing lovely articles with headlines like "BIG UPDATE ON BAKER MAYFIELD AND SEAHAWKS!" when it literally turns out to be a big 'ol nothingburger. The articles literally never have any new information. Why can't sportswriters hop their asses on down to the practice fields and write something actually interesting? I know very little about sports and I feel I am overqualified compared to the dick nuggets writing these overly recycled word vomits.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
It's june and there's just nothing else to write about. Camps don't start till the later half of July

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It's june and there's just nothing else to write about. Camps don't start till the later half of July

This. It's the dead season so don't expect much news.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

wandler20 posted:

This. It's the dead season so don't expect much news.

Fourth of July hasn't happened yet so we don't know who's going to the hospital for emergency surgery.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

nollij posted:

The click-bait bullshit on Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Seahawks, and Panthers is getting really annoying. Like stop writing lovely articles with headlines like "BIG UPDATE ON BAKER MAYFIELD AND SEAHAWKS!" when it literally turns out to be a big 'ol nothingburger. The articles literally never have any new information. Why can't sportswriters hop their asses on down to the practice fields and write something actually interesting? I know very little about sports and I feel I am overqualified compared to the dick nuggets writing these overly recycled word vomits.

DK METKALF TO EAGLES IN HUGE TRADE that a sports blogger thought up

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

YOU WONT BELIEVE WHAT THEY ARE SAYING ABOUT THE BAKER MAYFIELD TRADE.

- People around the NFL believe that Baker Mayfield may get traded. If he does move it will almost certainly have an impact on the team that trades for him. The Cleveland Browns starter has an uncertain future after the team traded for Deshaun Watson.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
NFL's disciplinary hearing for Deshaun Watson is coming up this week. I think he gets 8 games. No less than 6, but I'll go with 8.

Deshaun Watson's hearing before the NFL and the NFL Players Association's jointly appointed disciplinary officer, Sue L. Robinson, is scheduled to begin Tuesday, league sources told ESPN on Saturday.

Robinson will listen as the NFL expects to push for a "lengthy" suspension for Watson while the NFLPA defends the Cleveland Browns quarterback, who has been accused of harassing, assaulting or touching 26 women during massage appointments when he was with the Houston Texans. However, the NFL is likely to base its proposed discipline on only a fraction of those women's testimony, per one source, as the league was unable to speak with a number of women who interacted with Watson.

Watson was at one point facing 24 civil lawsuits that accused him of sexual assault and inappropriate conduct during massage sessions. He has agreed to settle 20 of those suits.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34148608/sources-cleveland-browns-qb-deshaun-watson-nfl-disciplinary-hearing-scheduled-tuesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Well, I'll be damned! It happened after all...

https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/status/1544939311480446977