Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

They started out looking pretty good but they’re starting to drop effort. This sequence from Obiwan looks so cheap.
https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1531379611518615554?s=21&t=EvQvnQdvfHJyrN3YVMBY0A

Entertaining, but cheap looking.

Wow, wild area looking rough this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

THE POWER OF THE KING NOW FORMS A LINE HERE! I CHOOSE YOU MY SOUL, RED DRAGON PASTFIEND

*Presses Dragon dance for 3 turns*

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the let's go games looked good at the time

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
One should be in 16bit graphics and the other should be in 3d.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dragon quest managed it

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Let's Go was probably the best Pokemon game ever because I could put Pikachu in little outfits

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

New Snap looked alright.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Pokemon: Help My Son Is A Nerd

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Shiroc posted:

Pokemon: Help My Son Is A Nerd

He looks very respectable.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Legendaries look alright (Though why snakes? Are they gonna insert Mesoamerican elements too?) but the new early mons have me worried that they're going to play it very safe with most designs like they did last gen.

I do have a fondness for pig Pokémon though so I hope Lechonk evolves into something cool.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Eimi posted:

He looks very respectable.

He is a good boy

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Shiroc posted:

He is a good boy

Well now I have to buy Let's Go

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
At the end of the game we were wearing matching Team Rocket uniforms

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Excited for the red one to turn into a sick bike.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I could really do without the jets on the violet one.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Honestly, I'm just stoked that it looks like Mareep will be available early on. My sweet Mareep :kimchi:

SMOLIV :kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi:

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
Thinking about which Pokemon are available early on made me think about this being an open world, do it in whatever order you want to kind of game. Theoretically, shouldn't most things be available early if you know where to go for them? I wonder if there will be different power level areas or if things will scale to the number of badges you have, like the wild area in SWSH.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Shiroc posted:

The game looks overall fine but completely unexceptional. The Switch is weak hardware and Pokémon’s overall art style doesn’t play on it as well as stuff like Mario. Maybe they should stylize it more like how Breath of the Wild was slightly cel shaded painterly but it seems like Pokémon really wants to go semi realistic with light cartoony to make the Pokémon feel like real animals.

There was something I saw the other day that showed a Gen 1 remake aping the early watercolour art, and I would love a Pokémon game that used this art style so much:

https://twitter.com/pokeyugami/status/1530110640844550151?s=20&t=0NJH02xtycs1vY8CNmBWBg

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Will there be a dual pack or just buy them separately?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
After watching the trailer on a proper screen, I think teh game looks fine.

It's still ugly, but it's not like... borderline insulting like SwSh.

I'm still not convinced to buy it, but it's so much nicer to look at than SwSh was, and seemingly no routes is very welcome.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Kevino07 posted:

There was something I saw the other day that showed a Gen 1 remake aping the early watercolour art, and I would love a Pokémon game that used this art style so much:

https://twitter.com/pokeyugami/status/1530110640844550151?s=20&t=0NJH02xtycs1vY8CNmBWBg

The Switch Mystery Dungeon remake was sort of in that direction.

I think I'd like it to go full cel shaded anime if they were going to change styles for the main games.

Aerofallosov posted:

Will there be a dual pack or just buy them separately?

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1531985495390949377

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I'm not gonna lie I was excited to see some kind of outdoor pokecenter-like station, so maybe we can do pokecenter stuff while in the open world without requiring a loading screen from entering a building's door. It's so small but it stood out to me as a plus.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kevino07 posted:

I'm not sure i'd play a whole game that looks like this but it is very nice.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

new pokemon looks neat so far, imo

dunno how well it'll pull everything off but i might as well watch with interest

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

MorningMoon posted:

After watching the trailer on a proper screen, I think teh game looks fine.

It's still ugly, but it's not like... borderline insulting like SwSh.

Most of the graphic assets seem to be the same as SwSh, like in the minute 1:34 of the trailer that tree is exactly the same SwSh tree that got ripped by the internet.

Ever since the SwSh backlash they've been a lot more reserved with what they show in the trailers. Like there's only 3 attack animation sequences in the trailer, 2 of them non contact special moves which generally don't look as bad as the fire bunny doing double kick in SwSh.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't think they need to show the moves for the people at home to understand what they're gonna look like. They don't exactly change much between games.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I'm pretty sure the moves are never gonna get super complex: you have to make them usable by potentially over a thousand unique models. Most of the moves being vague wiggles is basically necessary for any game that doesn't want to focus on just like, 10.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I mean, agreed, but animation improvement was the justification for dexit

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

I mean, agreed, but animation improvement was the justification for dexit

Gracious you mean nintendo lied?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Its been three years, man. I know they lied about Dexit, I just don't have it in me to care. The assets are probably mostly the same with just a new batch in places, but the lighting helps I guess.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

HopperUK posted:

new character models drawn by Onfim, smh
I laughed really hard at this, thanks.

I like the concept of "future version" and "past version" but since it's Pokemon and GameFreak I can't see them being different in any meaningful way, which kinda ruins it for me. I'm expecting we'll get one, maaaybe two towns where the appearances are different, like in BW2, and the bad guys will be rear end in a top hat luddites in one version and musk-worshipper-esque "futurist" pricks in the other. And that'll be it. I'd love to be wrong.
It would take a lot of differences to make my cheap rear end buy both versions; ever since they were announced I decided I'm buying Violet, naming myself Prince, and dressing in all purple. Having a god drat purple motorbike(ish) legendary only sealed that for me.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Violet's legendary is obviously a jet.

E: I guess it could be a hoverbike actually.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
The evil team are all a bunch of people who live currently in the present and do not want anything to regress to the past nor evolve to the future

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/pittsed_off/status/1532012133294215168?s=21&t=dulMfmOAPsXTuOYDXVVvxg

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
Past / Future is obviously the big theme but there's also a subtheme of travel

so maybe it's Team Pedometer who wants people to walk and take their time, and Team Teleport who wants to skip travel altogether

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

EorayMel posted:

The evil team are all a bunch of people who live currently in the present and do not want anything to regress to the past nor evolve to the future

Finally, we get to fight End of History liberals.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

The past/future motifs in this particular entry might mean that there's a reason why we're able to use Hisuian forms in these games.

It would be very nice if all regional forms were usable in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Smoliv? More like Martiny. :>