Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Sorry to interrupt anime posting but someone told me Jenny Nicholson's sister is like a huge transphobe and I couldn't find anything except a Kiwifarm thread on it. I enjoyed the times they streamed together so wasn't sure if that's something I should avoid or if it's just terminally online nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Jenny Nicholson's sister is former(?) FYAD poster Skylark. I don't know anything about their politics.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
First time I have heard of it.
And I sure as hell wouldn't trust it if Kiwifarms is the only source to back that up. They're as transphobic as one can get.

Danaru posted:

God I just remembered how the Monster Hunter movie turned into an isekai because they had to somehow turn a fantasy monster game into US military propaganda

Absolutely increduble

Hey thats better than the reverse Isekai movies that happened all the time in the 80s and 90s.
(Though I guess Sonic still counts)

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

DaysBefore posted:

Sorry to interrupt anime posting but someone told me Jenny Nicholson's sister is like a huge transphobe and I couldn't find anything except a Kiwifarm thread on it. I enjoyed the times they streamed together so wasn't sure if that's something I should avoid or if it's just terminally online nonsense.

terminally online bullshit. twitter psychos love waging war on jenny

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

DaysBefore posted:

It's old terminally online nonsense

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

Jenny Nicholson's sister is former(?) FYAD poster Skylark. I don't know anything about their politics.

iirc skylark was one of the bread and roses crew’s favorite targets during the Troubles and those people were loving ‘nanners so I’m not taking any of those accusations seriously

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I realize now that I'm actually just remembering posts in this thread

sexpig by night posted:

sex negativity and all isn't new but it is kinda wild to see multiple takes of 'if someone at any point has bad sex it means the writer literally supports it'.

Like, I just got off Tiktok watching multiple fetuses say the creator of Naruto is a creep because he 'sexualized Naruto' by aging him up and having him get married and have a kid with his wife, ergo making you think that he had sex, ergo sexualizing a child' and I just kinda don't even know what I'm doing any more

Alacron posted:

lol, that reminds of the galaxy brain who said that Spy x Family was sexualizing the 5 year old because sometimes she blushes.

It's sort of a mix of valid concerns with the typical fandom rage over someone or something being different then it is in their head. It's well and good when people complain about excessive sexuality in media, but then you get into the situation where when your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

KingKalamari posted:

Remember Thermae Romae? The anime that was somehow about an ancient Roman architect being repeatedly transported to modern day Japan so he could see how much better their public baths are than ancient Roman ones?

How did that get two separate anime adaptations and a live action film?

It's not a very complicated anime to make from the premise so you can easily have humans doing it, just like Way of the House Husband. I doubt it even goes to Assasin's Creed levels of action.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

The Monster Hunter movie is another "Wes Anderson shows off how better his wife is at everything."

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Annointed posted:

The Monster Hunter movie is another "Wes Anderson shows off how better his wife is at everything."

God I wish it was THAT Anderson.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

at least Paul Thomas Anderson is relieved that Paul WS Anderson is being confused for a different indie movie director for once

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Fil5000 posted:

God I wish it was THAT Anderson.

I'm imagining a Wes Anderson movie starring Milla Jovovich. It somehow still has lots of flip-kicks and gunfights.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

LanceHunter posted:

I'm imagining a Wes Anderson movie starring Milla Jovovich. It somehow still has lots of flip-kicks and gunfights.

Yeah but they happen in front of big blocks of pastel colours and Owen Wilson is there wearing a hat.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

DaysBefore posted:

I know some people are probably going to be mad about this, but it doesn't loving matter. At least not enough to try and dig through her online activity to try and find out if that is the case in some sort of witch hunt. She is in like a handful of videos. It'd be different if she was a more public figure or if she was making it blatantly obvious.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

the last person too bring it up as an attempted own got permabanned and rightfully so.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
...am I thinking of someone else or is Jenny's sister literally trans herself? Like, I know trans people can be shitheads to trans people and all but I do think that would come up as a 'what the gently caress' thing if that was the case.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

sexpig by night posted:

...am I thinking of someone else or is Jenny's sister literally trans herself? Like, I know trans people can be shitheads to trans people and all but I do think that would come up as a 'what the gently caress' thing if that was the case.

I think so? People are just loving off their rockers, it's the same completely nonsense grudge as that recent Sarah Z thing. Like straight up there were weirdos directly saying "You're next Jenny/Sarah" when Lindsay deleted her twitter last year.

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

I'm sure it's not at all a coincidence that the content creators these assclowns keep targeting are women.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
here are some quick rules on how to fact check kiwifarms:

• don't bother
  • literally nothing posted there is posted in good faith
  • just close the tab, there's no reason to look at kiwifarms
  • "where there's smoke there's fire" doesn't apply when it's someone holding a fog machine
  • anyone who posts on kiwifarms shouldn't be allowed within 500 meters of another human being

hope this helps!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I can’t imagine wanting to take down Sarah Z, she just makes long meandering videos about fandom drama. You can so easily ignore her if you don’t care for her

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I get not wanting to support shitbags but if you're approaching the point of "omg I heard John Youtuber's gas station attendant listens to Joe Rogan occasionally" maybe it's time to take a step back.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

thetoughestbean posted:

I can’t imagine wanting to take down Sarah Z, she just makes long meandering videos about fandom drama. You can so easily ignore her if you don’t care for her

Yeah but one time she said that my fandom wasn't literally perfect! SHE MUST BURN

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

Honestly I don't think that the homestuck fandom can exist without an enemy. These groups are so intensely toxic without some outsider to attack they would destroy themselves

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

pentyne posted:

Honestly I don't think that the homestuck fandom can exist without an enemy. These groups are so intensely toxic without some outsider to attack they would destroy themselves

It's called kismesis

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Puppy Time posted:

Yeah but one time she said that my fandom wasn't literally perfect! SHE MUST BURN

You joke, but...

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i haven't watched the big joel video but i have definitely heard of that fake prince harry matrimonial tv show, it's hosed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J07arw7QBhM

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
I watched that just the day before and was enthralled the whole time. I have almost no exposure to reality or network TV since Netflix started streaming, so these kinds of deep dives are always fascinating for me.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
the worst reality show was the one where the winner got plastic surgery. i still think about how freakishly and shamefully fully unhinged even the mere concept was

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

fun hater posted:

the worst reality show was the one where the winner got plastic surgery. i still think about how freakishly and shamefully fully unhinged even the mere concept was

The Swan, which somehow got TWO SEASONS

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

fun hater posted:

What about the one where people were looking for their real father?

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Fil5000 posted:

The Swan, which somehow got TWO SEASONS
Nah. Everyone featured on The Swan got plastic surgery and then had a pageant where the winner won a modeling contract.
They're thinking of Bridalplasty, hosted by the ex wife of the drummer of Blink182. Brides would compete every week for plastic surgery with the big final price being an all expenses paid for wedding.The Same plastic surgeon, Terry Dubrow, worked on both shows. You can also see him on Botched and the husband of one of the Real Housewives of Orange County.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Sarcopenia posted:

They're thinking of Bridalplasty, hosted by the ex wife of the drummer of Blink182.

I do not like this sentence. It exudes a wicked aura.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Sarcopenia posted:

Nah. Everyone featured on The Swan got plastic surgery and then had a pageant where the winner won a modeling contract.
They're thinking of Bridalplasty, hosted by the ex wife of the drummer of Blink182. Brides would compete every week for plastic surgery with the big final price being an all expenses paid for wedding.The Same plastic surgeon, Terry Dubrow, worked on both shows. You can also see him on Botched and the husband of one of the Real Housewives of Orange County.

How is there more than one reality show that involves plastic surgery

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Where does Average Joe rank on these reality show tier lists?

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

RareAcumen posted:

You mean the Joe Schmoe show?

This conversation actually reminds me of that British show called "Space Cadets", in that they tricked a bunch of people that they where going into space, they deliberately chose people that knew nothing about space and proceeded to teach them a bunch of fake facts, they even said that since they where going to low earth orbit they wouldn't feel weightlessness and the contestants bought it so they even faked a flight.

For anyone interested you can watch that show here on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Cadets2012/playlists

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

IIRC for that one the contestents knew the deal going in so it's notably way better than the harry one

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I think the objective worst reality show kinda has to be something like Solitary, that threw its contestants into solitary confinement and actively denied them things like food and sleep. Just like actual straight up torture for.... entertainment? Also it ran for 4 seasons and got picked up by a couple countries other than the US. Somehow.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

There's still kids nation to destroy all reality shows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E23H-nnNkM

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I get not wanting to support shitbags but if you're approaching the point of "omg I heard John Youtuber's gas station attendant listens to Joe Rogan occasionally" maybe it's time to take a step back.
On her Patreon, Jenny used to have videos featuring some of her friends and other "special guests" but she had to take them all down because the people featured in those subscriber only videos were being doxxed and harrassed offline by internet weirdos. So... neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
There was only one torture for public entertainment I liked and it was this.