Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Elon would run on a pro-apartheid platform and all the ubermensch screaming about white people dying out would give him all their votes 100% even if he can't actually become president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I'm just saying that Rhodesia had some good ideas.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

Tarkus posted:

No? Thank god.

It didn't stop Ted Cruz from running for president

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Blooster posted:

It didn't stop Ted Cruz from running for president

I’ve always wondered about that. How the gently caress did that treasonous old fuckwit ever even mount a campaign when he was born in Canada (I think?)?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I’ve always wondered about that. How the gently caress did that treasonous old fuckwit ever even mount a campaign when he was born in Canada (I think?)?

He was born in Alberta. His dad is Cuban, but his mother is American. Apparently being born abroad to an American is, generally, considered enough to be a "natural born" citizen.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
It's really weird how conservatives flipped their lid that Obama wasn't born here (he was) but didn't say a thing when Rafael Cruz ran for president. I wonder why?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it's because he's a democrat, black and has a foreign-sounding name, hth

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Zil posted:

Is this a subtle way of reducing headcount since Telsa stock has tanked?

Probably also to generate new press that isn't about his massive meltdown yesterday after the creator of dogecoin insulted him.

Oh and him getting dunked on repeatedly by theharddrive because he just couldn't stop responding.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

its all nice on rice posted:

"I bought a cloning company and made a clone of myself. I then transferred my consciousness into that clone. I am now that clone. Since it was created in Houston, I can now run for president."

I'm cool with the kind of Elon Musk clone a Musk company would produce running for president, and immediately crashing into his Secret Service detail and exploding

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
so what is the over/under on how long until Musk starts carving rockets out of solid poo poo and pissing into mason jars while secluded in a hotel?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

"I bought a cloning company and made a clone of myself. I then transferred my consciousness into that clone. I am now that clone. Since it was created in Houston, I can now run for president."

Lol Elon reading altered carbon and thinking

":sickos:"

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

one of those load-bearing clauses in the constitution is doing work right now

although as cruel and self-absorbed musk is, it's hard to imagine him being any worse than any other candidate the republicans would nominate for president, so :shrug:

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bad Purchase posted:

one of those load-bearing clauses in the constitution is doing work right now

although as cruel and self-absorbed musk is, it's hard to imagine him being any worse than any other candidate the republicans would nominate for president, so :shrug:

I need small mommy loan of two diamond mines

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Putting the line "pretend to work somewhere else" is gonna run off so many people who might have tolerated "I'm sorry guys but we need you back in the office, this isn't working".

The best way to lose a high performer is to snark off to them. A bunch of really smart, hard working guys that deal with tons of stress and hold tons of poo poo down just got told "pretend to work somewhere else" by the CEO of the company.

What a gigantic gently caress up.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
lashing out at the gays because Grimes keeps sending him Chelsea dick pics

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Irradiation posted:

Probably also to generate new press that isn't about his massive meltdown yesterday after the creator of dogecoin insulted him.

Lol anyone got a link to this?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Jestery posted:

Yes that is a 100% accurate psychological assessment :geno:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Strategic Tea posted:

Yes that is a 100% accurate psychological assessment :geno:

Elon sounds like the kind of guy who would gently caress his own clone.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Related post in /r/cscareerquestions

https://www.reddit.com/r/cscareerquestions/comments/v2lpdw/elon_musk_just_asked_all_employees_to_return_to

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

He can't actually be president since he isn't a birthright citizen.

Non-zero chance he and his Twitter accomplices (Andreessen et. al.) start signal-boosting a constitutional amendment

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Jestery posted:

every single billionaire on Earth is thinking that

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Musk is going to be like Ye and going to be crazy stupid lazy and not even do the paper work to file correctly.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Hypothetically - if everyone accepted this, would he be fair game to kill, since a clone is not a person?

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
Does he actually have any STEM skills/experience or involvement in the technologies his companies develop? Or does he just take all the credit? I know I could google this but I'm not interested in the truth. I want the goon truth.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

vaginite posted:

Putting the line "pretend to work somewhere else" is gonna run off so many people who might have tolerated "I'm sorry guys but we need you back in the office, this isn't working".

The best way to lose a high performer is to snark off to them. A bunch of really smart, hard working guys that deal with tons of stress and hold tons of poo poo down just got told "pretend to work somewhere else" by the CEO of the company.

What a gigantic gently caress up.

Yeah if they’re not actively leaving on their own, other tech companies looking for talent will start tapping their shoulders big time. “Psst! We like your portfolio and we don’t mind you working from home whenever you want to, whaddaya say kid?”

*all senior engineers start working for competitors*

Just another big brained Musk management stroke of genius!

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
When does he announce the winners of his lawyer cast call

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

run on sentience posted:

Does he actually have any STEM skills/experience or involvement in the technologies his companies develop? Or does he just take all the credit? I know I could google this but I'm not interested in the truth. I want the goon truth.

He has the approximate STEM knowledge of an average used car salesman, with a hefty side dish of tech buzzwords

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Mr. Lobe posted:

He has the approximate STEM knowledge of an average used car salesman, with a hefty side dish of tech buzzwords

You're tellin me a guy named elon tesla isn't a science genius? Nice try, liberals.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

run on sentience posted:

He dropped out (in two days) from Stanford's PhD program in Material Science & Engineering. *Not* Physics, lmfao. The Physics GRE exam is ridiculously hard and he would have eaten poo poo since you can't buy a good grade with Daddy's money

His lie is something I can verify as a fellow Physics-undergrad turned MatSci-PhD-dropout. I chose it to avoid the Physics test, and I proudly stuck it out for three years while that little b**** never even committed to a year. Musk is a loser failure never-was scientist, in addition to his myriad additional problems

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

run on sentience posted:

He has bachelors degrees in physics and economics and coded zip2, his first web company, so a little? :shrug: He’s definitely not doing any serious science at tesla, spaceX or his other companies though if that’s what you mean.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Can we get him to register here somehow. It would be the single funniest thing this site ever did

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Heath posted:

Can we get him to register here somehow. It would be the single funniest thing this site ever did

Elon offers to buy SA for $420.69

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Heath posted:

Elon was probably banned twenty years ago for asking for warez or some poo poo.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Just ban him on sight the second he proves who he is and he will just keep banging out new regs. instant revenue

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
Thank you for your responses. I was just wondering if he deserved any praise for the technology itself, because I often see him credited for it. I think I mentioned before he gets namedropped in new star trek, listed with other renowned innovators from history like he's the genius behind it all. And I just read this dumb cbc article that makes it sound like musk personally designed and flew the starlink satellites out there.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/how-a-local-it-expert-and-elon-musk-s-spacex-helped-reboot-uxbridge-when-a-tornado-hit-1.6471816

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Heath posted:

Just ban him on sight the second he proves who he is and he will just keep banging out new regs. instant revenue

He’ll just offer jeffery a billion dollars then ban everyone.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Sophy Wackles posted:

He’ll just offer jeffery a billion dollars then ban everyone.

There is no amount of money on this gay earth that would give the kind of joy brought by permabanning Elon Musk when he tries to do a charge back for ten dollars after he gets banned

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Lol anyone got a link to this?

“My Kids Wrote Better Codes When They Were 12” Elon Musk Slams Dogecoin Creator Claiming That He Struggled With Coding

This appears to be the primary source:
https://www.crikey.com.au/2022/05/30/dogecoin-jackson-palmer-elon-musk-crypto-bubble-pauline-hanson/

And a summary

quote:

One of the co-creators of the cryptocurrency Dogecoin says he’s convinced Elon Musk is a “grifter” after his own interactions with the SpaceX CEO/wannabe Twitter owner. Jackson Palmer, in an interview with the Australian news site Crikey, said he first interacted with Musk on Twitter several years ago regarding plans for a bot meant to weed out cryptocurrency scams on the platform. “Elon reached out to me to get hold of that script and it became apparent very quickly that he didn’t understand coding as well as he made out. He asked, ‘How do I run this Python script?’” Palmer was quoted saying. After that, he said, “I wasn’t a fan of him. He’s a grifter, he sells a vision in hopes that he can one day deliver what he’s promising, but he doesn’t know that.” As for Musk’s Twitter takeover, Palmer said he suspects the Tesla exec either wants to “dismantle all trust or maybe he’s delusional enough to think he can build an alternative.” The other option, he said, is “that he wants to drive it into the ground at a much lower price, and I think that’s what he’s doing.” Musk has yet to respond to the comments.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

One of the co-creators of the cryptocurrency Dogecoin says:

“I wasn’t a fan of him. He’s a grifter, he sells a vision in hopes that he can one day deliver what he’s promising, but he doesn’t know that.”

:ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Strategic Tea posted:

One of the co-creators of the cryptocurrency Dogecoin says:

“I wasn’t a fan of him. He’s a grifter, he sells a vision in hopes that he can one day deliver what he’s promising, but he doesn’t know that.”

:ironicat:

the dogecoin guy hates crypto

he made dogecoin as a joke, to highlight how stupid and useless crypto was