Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wario World

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

11a. Dragon Quest VIII Postgame completed. lame that theres not reward for doing all the Dragovian Trials + the ultimate gauntlet. The final ultra secret superboss looks like Spyro lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Trails in the sky fc: good jrpg that felt fairly old school but with tweaks to combat and some nice quality of life stuff, on to second chapter

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Sniper Elite 5. Pretty much the same game as the other four. I didn’t check out any of the online play. I’ll check that out now that I beat it.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

herculon posted:

Sniper Elite 5. Pretty much the same game as the other four. I didn’t check out any of the online play. I’ll check that out now that I beat it.

I was wondering about this - does it actually introduce anything new, compared to SE4? If not, I might wait a while before eventually getting it on sale. I like sneaking and sniping, but I'm already in the middle of Sniper Ghost Warriors Contracts 2 after buying it in a sale, so I'm probably not gonna feel like more sniping for a while, after all this.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Major Isoor posted:

I was wondering about this - does it actually introduce anything new, compared to SE4? If not, I might wait a while before eventually getting it on sale. I like sneaking and sniping, but I'm already in the middle of Sniper Ghost Warriors Contracts 2 after buying it in a sale, so I'm probably not gonna feel like more sniping for a while, after all this.

It’s basically SE4, but I haven’t tried any of the online invasion stuff. I wanted to beat the game in peace first. It’s free on gamepass, but definitely wait and get it on sale otherwise

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Ace Attorney Justice For All: fun ride start to finish. i feel they saved alot of the content for the last case not only in length but in its complexity that i was laughing at at some points, but also kind annoyed at it in others. (having to press on statements again after pressing on others to progress the narrative was unexpected and a spent too much time dicking around thinking i had to present evidence instead.) I'm excited to finish off the last game of the trilogy and I know I'm going to tackle the great ace attorney chronicles sometime in the future now.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Nutmeg posted:

Ace Attorney Justice For All: fun ride start to finish. i feel they saved alot of the content for the last case not only in length but in its complexity that i was laughing at at some points, but also kind annoyed at it in others. (having to press on statements again after pressing on others to progress the narrative was unexpected and a spent too much time dicking around thinking i had to present evidence instead.) I'm excited to finish off the last game of the trilogy and I know I'm going to tackle the great ace attorney chronicles sometime in the future now.

My favorite moment in the last case is when you press a statement and then get asked if what the witness just said is important and to add it to the testimony. And the way to progress is to say No even though every other instance in the entire series where this happens you always say Yes.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
[24] Wario World (GCN) 5/31/22

Review:
I would have felt totally ripped off if I bought this back in the day. It's totally mediocre. The stages are boring, the boss fights are bad (especially the last one) and the music is just okay. I liked some of Warios moves like sucking up coins and the piledriver but god it takes WAY too long to pick enemies up for how often you are expected to do it. The puzzle mini stages go from meh to great, but the mini game when you fall of a stage is terrible and feels like a way for them to artificially pad the length of their game instead of using lives.

5/10

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Supraland

This was a pretty cool first person Metroidvania, but I got a bit tired of it by the end so I didn't feel like going for 100%.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

breath of fire 3. its not the most inventive game in the world but its a drat solid psx rpg with pretty good writing nd some actual funny bits. sprite works all top notch too, there's some really badass stuff in here. mostly it holds up but th dungeons toward the end get a bit annoying and theres way too many lovely minigames towards endgame. on to 4, but probably a break first

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

14) Wario World. Bosses were the real highlight bosses were the real highlight.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

me n the boys goin to breakfast

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

love em

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah! posted:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Fungah! posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Beat Quern

It's really good when you're actually at the puzzle portions, but I got stuck at several parts where I just couldn't find the switch or button to press. The ending has some really silly parts that kinda take you out of the somber Myst aesthetic.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

1. Rift Wizard
2. Grand Cross Renovation
3. Doom 64
4. Elden Ring
5. Rolling Gunner Overpower
6. Sekiro
7. Blazing Chrome
8. Contra Hard Corps
9. Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Was not expecting that final sequence and it was incredible.

guess I'll add this here too

10. RimWorld

it finally clicked and I've got a medium-sized colony running for 2+ years. I declare it 'off the backlog and not a waste of money'.

bees x1000 fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jun 2, 2022

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

1. Yakuza 0
2. Elden Ring
3. Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin
4. Triangle Strategy
5. Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Played in between repeated playthroughs of Triangle Strategy to get all the endings. Kirby rules. Just a really fun, delightful game with surprisingly satisfying boss fights and all the bonkers endgame/postgame stuff you'd want from Kirby.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

14. Trauma. ANother random Steam backlog, after rolling two different multiplayer only tower defense games circa 2011 in a row. its a 20 minute point and click game. Well whatever.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Operation: Tango (Hacker Route)

Pretty fun little asymmetric co op game I played with the wife.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
3. Ninja Ryukenden III: Yomi no Hakobune (1CC)
4. Metroid Prime (63%, 6:49)
5. Tetris the Absolute: The Grand Master 2 PLUS - Master mode Gm (Green line) - video
6. The King of Chicago (Amiga, one of the good endings)
7. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (63%)
8. Yakuza Kiwami 2
9. Tokimeki Memorial (Super Famicom, Ayako, Saki, Rei and Forever Alone endings)
10. Mother 3
11. Wario World
12. Soul Blazer

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

super mario world - 96 exit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • Running Late 2 (2020, 16 levels for Doom II, UV Pistol Start). The first half of this is an absolute blast, there's a real good balance between exploration and high octane encounters that kind of naturally spring out of the level design. but the second half is so bad i have to give this sucker a 2. its just room after room of Press Switch, unleash 400 enemies and epically fight them with a BFG or w/e. very linear, and the aesthetic does not change much. theres fun and exciting encounters sprinkled throughout but they shoulda been edited dramatically into a way shorter experience. all the excesses of contemporary wad design on display. I would highly, highly recommend the first 8 maps though, its a self contained episode too i think. 2/5

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

1) .hack//G.U. Last Recode
2) Dying Light
3) Lego DC Super-Villains
4) 20XX
5) Hitman 1
6) Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
7) Demoncrawl
8) Binary Domain
9) Hitman 2
10) Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (2021)
11) Saint's Row 4
12) Just Cause 4
13) Shovel Knight, Shovel of Hope campaign.
14) Mortal Kombat X story mode
15) Nioh
16) Max Payne 3
17) Soul Calibur 6
18) Sniper Elite 4
19) Zombie Army 4: Dead War
20) Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
21) Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
22) Transformers: Devastation
23) Castlevania: Dracula X
24) Bulletstorm
25) Wolfenstein: The New Order

Never really figured out how to fight the big dudes effectively, but the game overall was fantastic. Good characters, fun shooting

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

epic store ftw

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Vadun posted:

1) .hack//G.U. Last Recode
2) Dying Light
3) Lego DC Super-Villains
4) 20XX
5) Hitman 1
6) Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
7) Demoncrawl
8) Binary Domain
9) Hitman 2
10) Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (2021)
11) Saint's Row 4
12) Just Cause 4
13) Shovel Knight, Shovel of Hope campaign.
14) Mortal Kombat X story mode
15) Nioh
16) Max Payne 3
17) Soul Calibur 6
18) Sniper Elite 4
19) Zombie Army 4: Dead War
20) Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
21) Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
22) Transformers: Devastation
23) Castlevania: Dracula X
24) Bulletstorm
25) Wolfenstein: The New Order

Never really figured out how to fight the big dudes effectively, but the game overall was fantastic. Good characters, fun shooting

Crazy good writing for a shooter. The scene w Billy’s dad is incredible

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

I got the tude now posted:

Yeah I don't know how they managed to pull off a character like Max Hoss either but they did it.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Final Fantasy 6

a couple nitpicks but pretty much perfect.

5 > 6 > 1 > 3 > 4 > 2

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i dont remember any of the story except for the secret jew technology that runs the world. i also remember a giant pencil on the ground thanks to the megatextures

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
You forgot about hitler? Wondering why you want everyone to think you’re so nonchalant about the father of nazism

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I still laugh to myself about how they decided the best way to write 'the Nazis win ww2' was to go with 'actually Hitler was right about the Jews'

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
They can do anything a normal person can and more. Discrimination isn’t cool

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i havent played any aaa western fps shooter aids from the past 20 years so i dont laugh to myself about any of that only about the credits song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y34KpMXmUPE&t=359s

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

ArfJason posted:

i havent played any aaa western fps shooter aids from the past 20 years so i dont laugh to myself about any of that only about the credits song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y34KpMXmUPE&t=359s

Lmfao I remember so little about this game

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lmfao I remember so little about this game

It’s weird that The New Order was good, The Old Blood was mediocre, and The New Colossus was maybe the worst game I’ve ever played in my life

Punished Chuck fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jul 6, 2022

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

You forgot about hitler? Wondering why you want everyone to think you’re so nonchalant about the father of nazism

im p sure hitler wasnt in the game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

im p sure hitler wasnt in the game

He’s in the second one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

If you kill Hitler in wolfenstein 2 you get a game over.