Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Darthemed posted:

Venom: Carnage Unleashed #3 (1995)

That’s certainly a choice for character dialogue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i love the idea of getting someone to dress up as carnage for a publicity stunt.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Darthemed posted:

Post Funny Panels: Maximum Bogosity

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i love the idea of getting someone to dress up as carnage for a publicity stunt.

"Hi yes, um, I see you have a lot of vampire and beer wench costumes but where is your serial killer section? I'm trying to dress up like that mass murderer who's been in the headlines recently."

Lobok fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jun 1, 2022

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Lobok posted:

"Hi yes, I'm, I see you have a lot of vampire and beer wench costumes but where is your serial killer section? I'm trying to dress up like that mass murderer who's been in the headlines recently."

That's like that fast food place that serves Joker Burgers or whatever.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

thetoughestbean posted:

That’s certainly a choice for character dialogue

It was the 90's language was just different then.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Zil posted:

I have a strong memory of playing this mahjong solitaire shareware program for Windows 3.1, and one of the setup options was the "Glyph of Bogosity"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Forget it Jake, it's Bogosity.

drat, that makes 'bogo' sound like a slur.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Darthemed posted:

Lightning Comics #4 (1940)

Is that rob liefield?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Grendels Dad posted:

Forget it Jake, it's Bogosity.

drat, that makes 'bogo' sound like a slur.

drat bogos, stealing all our jobs. Mega barfulous.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Upsidads posted:

Is that rob liefield?

No, you can see one of Carnage's feet.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Upsidads posted:

Is that rob liefield?

It's Andrew Wildman.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
for marvel in the 90's, every artist was encouraged to be a little more liefield.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

A Strange Aeon posted:

That's like that fast food place that serves Joker Burgers or whatever.

At least the Joker has a partial history of being a dude that pulls boner crimes to just steal poo poo. Carnage has always been a murder machine.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Darthemed posted:

wasn't this the same story where Carnage sent himself over the internet

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

TwoPair posted:

At least the Joker has a partial history of being a dude that pulls boner crimes to just steal poo poo. Carnage has always been a murder machine.

Yeah Joker is all over the place with how murderous he is in the comics. Sometimes he only carries a prop gun, sometimes it's a pseudo-prop gun (where it kills you with the little flag) and sometimes he just carries a real gun. He's chaos incarnate because you never know if he's going to kill you or not.

Hell, I bet Joker's had his minions pick up burgers from that restaurant, with Jokerized fries.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Zil posted:

Somebody with serious hackitude is mousing through the link farm. Better set up a nasty gram on their homebox.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Wanderer posted:

It's Andrew Wildman.

No the dude with the hair talking to carnage

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Venus #2 (1948)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie (1990)

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Post Funny Panels: Maximum Bogosity

I'm sorry, but I prefer my funny panels mega barfulous

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Suicide Squad #58: This one's funny more for the story than the actual page.

So, the story is that the writer there is literally Grant Morrison. At the end of Morrison's Animal Man, Morrison shatters the fourth wall and talks to Animal Man and it's a fantastic comic. Animal Man #26 came out in August 1990. Just over a year later, in Suicide Squad, John Ostrander makes it so that Morrison hosed up and that by writing themselves into the comic, they unintentionally became trapped as part of DC canon... and then Ostrander kills the guy via alien. It's one of my favorite supremely strange bits of comic history.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jun 2, 2022

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

TwoPair posted:

Suicide Squad #58: This one's funny more for the story than the actual page.

So, the story is that the writer there is literally Grant Morrison. At the end of Morrison's Animal Man, Morrison shatters the fourth wall and talks to Animal Man and it's a fantastic comic. Animal Man #26 came out in August 1990. Just over a year later, in Suicide Squad, John Ostrander makes it so that Morrison hosed up and that by writing themselves into the comic, they unintentionally became trapped as part of DC canon... and then Ostrander kills the guy via alien. It's one of my favorite supremely strange bits of comic history.

That's brilliant. That particular issue of Animal Man was one of my earliest DC comics - the newsagent where I got comics was bundling all the Vertigo stuff into three packs to get rid of them, so I have a few random issues of Doom Patrol, Animal Man and Shade the Changing Man from that era.

I had no idea who Grant Morrison was, but thought that was a cool issue.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Strange #3

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I like Clea, she's cool. That's also a great speech bubble to convey emotion.

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
I love everything about this page, from the huge text boxes barely filled by stretched out letters to the lady who hates a man because he sucks at football.

Flash Comics #1 (1940)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Journey into Mystery #57 (1960)

The Tick #4 (1989)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Superboy #102 (1963)

Red Tornado #3 (1985)

Silver Surfer #28 (1989)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Keen Detective Funnies #18 (1940)

Action Man: Revolution (2016)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Darthemed posted:

Keen Detective Funnies #18 (1940)

Action Man: Revolution (2016)

Is that Mayhem attacking them?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Martha Kent has cancer and Clark is trying to cut his hair as a symbolic gesture.

Action Comics Annual

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

TwoPair posted:

Martha Kent has cancer and Clark is trying to cut his hair as a symbolic gesture.

Action Comics Annual

Raises the question of how they were ever able to cut his hair in the first place

But young Clark yelling “Poop!” is extremely funny so I’ll let it slide

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

thetoughestbean posted:

Raises the question of how they were ever able to cut his hair in the first place

In most post Silver Age continuities his powers came in gradually so they would have been able to cut his hair normally until as it appears here, that his invulnerability has come in. After that he uses his heat vision.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

thetoughestbean posted:

I think in some stories it was shards from the rocket he rode in on?

The hair-cutting implements, not the poop.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Kwyndig posted:

In most post Silver Age continuities his powers came in gradually so they would have been able to cut his hair normally until as it appears here, that his invulnerability has come in. After that he uses his heat vision.

That must smell awful

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Is that Mayhem attacking them?

Yep, IDW did a big crossover with the Hasbro books, Transformers, GI Joe, Rom, Action Man, Micronauts, Visionaries, and kinda/sorta included Jem as well.

It was entirely OK, the best story was the MTMTE book which ignored the bigger story and was mostly about Crankcase trying to hook-up with someone he met on a dating app.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BooDooBoo posted:

Yep, IDW did a big crossover with the Hasbro books, Transformers, GI Joe, Rom, Action Man, Micronauts, Visionaries, and kinda/sorta included Jem as well.

It was entirely OK, the best story was the MTMTE book which ignored the bigger story and was mostly about Crankcase trying to hook-up with someone he met on a dating app.

Meenage Tutant Minja... what ??

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

More Than Meets The Eye

3D Megadoodoo posted:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:doh:

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Sorry, yes.

Transformers More Than Meets The Eye.

The Transformers/Turtles crossover was in one of the Infestation series, along with Star Trek and Ghostbusters.

IDW did a lot of weird crossovers, I'm pretty sure the X-Files investigated everyone at some point.

BooDooBoo fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jun 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

I mean I know a bunch of shows and comics treat them like lasers you can bounce off things but really, all that pointing heat vision at glass would accomplish would be melting the glass, right?