Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Paladinus posted:

David Mitchell is the host of Outsiders, which is a lot like Taskmaster, but all tasks are for teams of 2, and they are themed around wilderness survival. He doesn't have an assistant, but he does get to taste things, and the discomfort is very much there.
Britisk television is just an endless stream of shows where comedians compete against e each other. And there's sometimes an episode of Dr. Who.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I’d never heard of Ardal before this, but apparently he had a Comedy Central Presents back in 2001

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Beerdeer posted:

I’d never heard of Ardal before this, but apparently he had a Comedy Central Presents back in 2001

Go and watch Father Ted this instance.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
You should check out Father Ted, a sitcom he absolutely shone in. But don’t check out the writer.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Well, do check out what else he's done for TV, he's very good at sitcoms.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Ardal also popped in derry girls finale last week.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

And also RHLSTP.

Fickle Isthmus
Aug 2, 2003

I've not turned up yet 'ave I?
Ardal is also in My Hero which I remember liking as a kid when I caught a couple episodes of it on PBS.

Fickle Isthmus fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 1, 2022

tilp
Apr 7, 2010

Beerdeer posted:

You should check out his appearance as Eddie Johnny in Flying Saucer Rock n Roll in 1996. It's true it's hard to think of anything else he's done.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

I've seen Ardal live and it was very typical standup stuff, but well done. He just seems so amiable in everything and it took me a while to adjust to him putting in barbs about the other contestants and that he isn't being spiteful.

While I'm thinking of people I've seen live, I feel Stephen K Amos would do very well and be good to watch.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Strange teaser for tonight's episode...
https://twitter.com/andydevonshire/status/1532392033662472192

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

gotta be this:

https://twitter.com/mattarm41/status/1532406329280716801

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Bold new direction for Taskmaster but I'm looking forward to everyone's grapefruit technique

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

My Lovely Horse posted:

Bold new direction for Taskmaster but I'm looking forward to everyone's grapefruit technique

I fear that Sophie found a way to do precisely this.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

The Modern Leper posted:

I fear that Sophie found a way to do precisely this.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Great ep.

This show is really on such a good run

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
So much saliva...:stonk:

EDIT:And I can absolutely believe both Judi and Bridget had written 'penis' on their whiteboards

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 3, 2022

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Always lovely to see the resident Taskmaster Swede, even remotely.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
i didn't like that task because it bought back my memories of helplessness when trying to learn languages at school.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I wouldn't be able to get past my existing Swedish vocabulary that comes entirely from this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGaucDp9Rls

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Although she slow-rolled the significance of it, I really think Sophie's prize entry turn out really strong. Harkened back to the early days of the show, where the idea was that the contestants staked something they didn't want to lose.

Also enjoyed the Bäst i Test nod, even if it wasn't the crossover episode yet...

Heavy_D fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 3, 2022

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Paladinus posted:

I wouldn't be able to get past my existing Swedish vocabulary that comes entirely from this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGaucDp9Rls

Being swedish this one always puts me out of commission for abt 5min. Ahh, my simple mind and its simple humor. Suomi truly are a sibling nation

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

eke out posted:

Great ep.

This show is really on such a good run

Agreed, I can't remember seeing Greg and Alex laughing so much in the studio.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I took Alex's advice and did not watch the tongue task. :barf: The audio was enough to make me dry heave.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Apparently Fred the Swede used to be the drummer for the Horne Section.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
:wth: As a queer person myself, [inappropriate joke about Sophie's queer identity being a factor in her victory on that heinous challenge].

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Modern Leper posted:

:wth: As a queer person myself, [inappropriate joke about Sophie's queer identity being a factor in her victory on that heinous challenge].

That challenge was someone's fetish.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Xelkelvos posted:

That challenge was someone's fetish.

After the 'something nice to put in your mouth' thing I assume every task this series is somehow one of Alex's many fetishes.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I feel like when they wrote that task they assumed people would give up faster than they did, hence the "oh god seriously do not watch this task it's the worst we've ever done" warnings when it turned out everyone was a lot more committed than they anticipated.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

stev posted:

After the 'something nice to put in your mouth' thing I assume every task this series is somehow one of Alex's many fetishes.

Not to mention his kinky boots.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I feel like when they wrote that task they assumed people would give up faster than they did, hence the "oh god seriously do not watch this task it's the worst we've ever done" warnings when it turned out everyone was a lot more committed than they anticipated.

i feel like the main reason it didn't get cut is that they felt too bad for Sophie. i bet if someone had not endured that long and everyone just had a bad time without much distinction, it wouldn't have made the edit

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"I don't think I know who I am if I'm not licking those things any more" is some of the most heartbreaking commitment to a task in the entire show.

Ardal's Swedish drinking song was another excellent moment. Given that task and the first live task of the series, I now believe that they asked all the contestants their language proficiencies before the series started filming; presumably nobody claimed any Swedish ability, and everyone claimed rudimentary French (for counting).

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
hahha i have no clue what this task is yet but i look forward to finding out

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Heavy_D posted:

Ardal's Swedish drinking song was another excellent moment. Given that task and the first live task of the series, I now believe that they asked all the contestants their language proficiencies before the series started filming; presumably nobody claimed any Swedish ability, and everyone claimed rudimentary French (for counting).

I liked the way you could actually hear a "clunk" and a "whirr" as the memory of the drinking song was accessed and loaded from Long Term Storage in the recesses of Ardals' brain.

The tongue task was a little bit nasty, but I worked in a nursery when I was younger, no amount of spit will ever gross you out again after you have spent 10 hours a day in a room full of teething babies

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I honestly thought Bridget was doing really badly. She's coming second? How? I thought she was coming last or second-last!

I also assume that Alex has some weird fetishes. And that he just really really wanted to hug Sally Philips.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

If Sally Phillips gave me a book about fish I'd think that was swell as well

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

redreader posted:

I honestly thought Bridget was doing really badly. She's coming second? How? I thought she was coming last or second-last!

I also assume that Alex has some weird fetishes. And that he just really really wanted to hug Sally Philips.

She’s very feast or famine. Usually 5 points or 1 point.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Judi is useless and Ardal is being sabotaged by the Greg's First Chair Hatred. The other three have had largely an equal shares of Greg's graces

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I think Alex wildly misinterpreted how tongues work when he conceived that task.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

Just noticed that episode 3 of this season (only that one) has a note on All4 that is was "filmed before the conflict in eastern europe" and racking my brains for a reason they felt the need for the disclaimer I guess it must have been because of Bridget's bit about Laika and imo its very funny to imagine someone complaining about that