Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Looper posted:

this is a sonic friendly space, please rant all you like

I unironically like almost all of SA2 I sincerely think it's a solid game and it aged fine

Arzaac fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jun 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Getting back to the DQ11 grind..... I keep meaning to do ff7 but I think a shorter game after this might be better

are you doing the metal slime grind thing? Takes a bit to set up, but you can get to max level fairly quickly

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If you aren't hitting all the optionals in 7 it's actually a pretty breezy RPG

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
SA2 was my first Sonic game and it’s still my favorite

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

sonic adventure 2: battle is the only sonic game i've played

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Rarity posted:

LittleBigPlanet:

WHY ARE THERE POLEDANCING MEERKATS

Should've played Little Big Adventure instead imo

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The City Escape level from Sonic Adventure 2 is a masterpiece . The Knuckles rap is also very good.

Overall, I don't like Sonic games though. Maze levels are not something enjoy.
Sonic games are at their best when you're rolling around at the speed of sound, when you got places to go and you're following your rainbow.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dontnod's Tell Me Why is getting a 100% discount all through Pride Month

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Infinitum posted:

Also if your options are making a character say 'gently caress' or '*guitar twang*' just say gently caress - unless you can really really make that guitar joke work (They didn't)

It worked a lot better in the original Borderlands 2 where they used an electric guitar hit instead of whatever it is here

I don't remember if they went acoustic for the Assault on Dragon Keep DLC

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
SA2:b is one of the top ten sonic games. Probably the best a 3D sonic has managed to be without being a weird compilation of itself.

You can tell this whole planet is a scam because there hasn't been an expanded chao garden in sonic games since, nor the standalone one that people have been marching around the city asking for, blowing their horns. if Sega won't make a Chao Garden game I'm afraid the walls of Sega will come crumbling down

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Chao Garden Mobile Gachapon game

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Arzaac posted:

I unironically like almost all of SA2 I sincerely think it's a solid game and it aged fine

it is frankly goat material

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'd say this is basically the Modern Sonic stages in Generations if you've never played that- of course it's only half of the game but the Classic 2D stages are alright too

Generations is fun but has a pretty bad ranking system, S-ranks just amount to clearing a stage without dying.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I’m not a huge Sonic fan but SA2 is pretty good just for having Live and Learn in it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sonic Frontiers should be doing what Big the Cat's Big Adventure does. For that game the creators just ripped a bunch of 3D Sonic levels and 3D recreations of 2D Sonic levels and had them strewn about the landscape. You can go to Station Square and find the outdoor sections of Twinkle Park, the whole of Emerald Coast, and parts of Speed Highway, but nearby is also the Radical City track from Sonic R. You can jump onto the Station Square monorail track and follow it out towards the Mystic Ruins and along the way you'll pass by stuff like the Ocean Palace from Sonic Heroes and Pumpkin Hill. The only downside to the map is that they're stuck with what they can physically shove into the map without overlapping areas so there aren't any locations that are specifically indoor levels or indoor parts of levels and anything that can't feasibly be placed on one landmass is out too so no Sky Sanctuary, no Sky Deck, you can see Angel Island and the space colony ARK but you can't get to either of them, stuff like that. Interesting and cool proof of concept though of what an open world Sonic game could actually be if they took a Dark Souls or Metroid type of approach to level interconnectivity.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/dragonage/status/1532406453071319045

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Been a good birthday. Had a day out in Brighton with my sister, found a barcade with a Tekken Tag cabinet, tried Wendy's for the first time. It sucked but the burger was decent

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dragon Age 4 is going great I see

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

All of the Sonic friends, from tails onwards, suck

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They kept adding Poochies but forgot to make them die on the way to their home planet

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
amy, metal sonic, and tails are all pretty good, could do worse there

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I like Shadow, Knuckles, and Blaze. all pretty cool

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Tangle and Whisper rule. Hope they make it into a main series game.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Draga posted:

Tangle and Whisper rule. Hope they make it into a main series game.

They already added them as playable characters in two of the mobile games after all so they might as well put them in a mainline one at this point.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Put Surge in to make Ken Penders extra mad.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Jay Rust posted:

Even the OC self insert Sonics?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i never had a sonic oc but i had a few megaman ocs

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/SAWhane25/status/1532047653030318082

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Lol

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

it's been a day and i'm still gobsmacked they thought that it was fit for presentation to the public

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
looks fine tbh

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's cute that IGN hosted a video of a Sonic fan's homemade Unreal project.

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!

Gaius Marius posted:

If you aren't hitting all the optionals in 7 it's actually a pretty breezy RPG

I think if you avoid Chocobo Breeding, you can do the available side material and main plot in about 30 hours, less with a guide.

I got Death Stranding vibes out of that trailer in places. Just a bunch of sci-fi looking traversal structures dotting a natural landscape. It's so jarring.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
laser zip-lines felt like the most scifi thing around. Floating roads like they had is just a good idea idk why we don't build em like that irl

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Nothing says "the blue blur" like slowly solving a 'stepping on adjacent tiles to light them up' puzzle

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A big open world has a lot of possibilities for fun ways to gain and keep momentum and go fast!

*Sonic does the same boost he's done since 2007*

Alas

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Death Stranding but it's Sonic and you spend rings to build spring pads and roads with loop-de-loops in them

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

I see you're a big fan of Mighty and Ray.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

They kept adding Poochies but forgot to make them die on the way to their home planet

I was thinking there are no dogs in the sonic universe but according to the sonic wiki there have been 53

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

When are we gonna see Princess Sally Acorn in a game