Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The Anime Liker posted:

Ranni Ending -> Bloodborne

Frenzied Flame Ending -> Dark Souls

Elden Lord Endings -> Demon's Souls

And Sekiro is a side story about the land of reeds.

Dung eater -> the real world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

The Anime Liker posted:

Ranni Ending -> Bloodborne

Frenzied Flame Ending -> Dark Souls

Elden Lord Endings -> Demon's Souls

And Sekiro is a side story about the land of reeds.

This actually makes super sense, I like it a lot

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
So what you're saying is Ranni is Brexit

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Speaking of links to past games it kinda sucks that the Anor Londo shield is just. poo poo.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Flytrap posted:

Speaking of links to past games it kinda sucks that the Anor Londo shield is just. poo poo.

“It has seen better days”

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Gologle posted:

So what you're saying is Ranni is Brexit

Ranni caused it, yes.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Ranni's whole thing is isolating the world and having less contact with Great Ones Outer Gods, so I don't think that holds up

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

No Dignity posted:

Ranni's whole thing is isolating the world and having less contact with Great Ones Outer Gods, so I don't think that holds up

It makes a vague sort of sense if you incorrectly treat the Outer Gods as a stand-in for immigrants or something. However they are actually horrible consuming amoral monsters, i.e. the English,

e: what I'm saying here is that the moonwife ending is a metaphor for Welsh separatism

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My fair eternal consort, gently caress it lets go bowling

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I love how Ranni,. Radahn, and Rykart all want fundamentally different things and go about it in different ways but their quest lines feed into one another and they all still love each other despite being insane mutants or ghost dolls. Elden Ring has, HANDS DOWN, the best supporting cast of any from game

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I know that the voice actors across the board did a very good job (or at least I think so) but for someone who has like 5 lines of dialogue drat did Rykarts VA nail em.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

If they ever do a DLC I definitely want to see the pre-amble to this story where the big messed up god family cooperates against the giants/turns against each other. Although I have no idea who the playable character would be in that

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

DeathChicken posted:

If they ever do a DLC I definitely want to see the pre-amble to this story where the big messed up god family cooperates against the giants/turns against each other. Although I have no idea who the playable character would be in that

Godwyn the Golden seems like a good candidate since he doesn't appear in Elden Ring. If they're fighting boss-level enemies, makes sense to be a boss-level protagonist.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I saw someone with a bumper sticker of "FAMILY" in glittery rainbow colors and never before have I wanted to slap a sticker on someone else's car but drat a simplified vector of Rykard's face would have been supreme

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I beat the godskin duo last night. That was a fun surprise when I took them both out and there was still half a lifebar left.

I don't think I'm going to finish the game by Sunday which is the date I set for myself when I started playing back in February even though I know I'm close. Having only around an hour a night made this slow going.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Muscle Tracer posted:

Godwyn the Golden seems like a good candidate since he doesn't appear in Elden Ring.

He can be found in deeproot depths, his hosed up remains has been morphed into some sort of horrific aquatic monstrosity.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
man just give me a pre/mid shattering visual novel i'd read the gently caress outta that

they said they want to further explore and expand the brand for more of that sweet $$$ and while i know that just means more funko pops and figma i say let's get a cheeky spin off or two for the hell of it

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Dlc end boss is godwyns gross corpse getting up and fighting you like the Akira space baby

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Muscle Tracer posted:

Godwyn the Golden seems like a good candidate since he doesn't appear in Elden Ring. If they're fighting boss-level enemies, makes sense to be a boss-level protagonist.

Malenia is the only one who would be fun to play as.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

Mymla posted:

If we play as Radahn, we get Leonard instead of Torrent. :colbert:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Godwyn would be a great NPC to run into in a DLC, his depictions in the base game paint him as a noble, charismatic hero who really represented the best of the Golden Order so getting to meet and hang out with him knowing he's going to get ganked and his corpse turned into hideous monster would be a great bit of pathos

DeathChicken posted:

The DS2 protagonist went back in time to fight the giants, so...

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Mymla posted:

While I don't disagree, they're clearly saving that for Sekiro II: Tale of Tomoe, which I know in my heart is in the works.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Letting the player play as Malenia would make her 'never known defeat' claim even shakier than it already is lol

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

No Dignity posted:

Letting the player play as Malenia would make her 'never known defeat' claim even shakier than it already is lol

She's Malenia who has never known defeat, not Malenia who has never fallen of the same cliff 18 times.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Malenia is the hardcore mode, you're OP as gently caress but if you die the save gets deleted.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Malenia, the Accident Prone. Malenia, the Unleveled Vigor. Malenia, who Absolutely Cannot Deal With the Fell God's Second Phase

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Malenia, the Look It Doesn't Count As A Loss Because That Attack Is Bullshit

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I made it to Malakeith and knew it was a boss room but I was still momentarily excited to see Gurranq, like "hey, it's that guy! I know that guy! ...oh no"

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Flytrap posted:

Malenia, the Look It Doesn't Count As A Loss Because That Attack Is Bullshit

Maybe she just doesn't recognize defeat?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Malenia, Acolyte of the Toady One: "Losing is Fun"

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
She meant she has never "known" defeat, in the biblical sense.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
She is Malenia, blade of Miquella, and she knows that it's only really defeat if you give up and die, so she has only ever known sparkling loss.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Malenia the Speedrunner who blinks across the world in six seconds, repeatedly backsteps in a corner, falls through the floor and credits roll

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007
Maliketh is Marika's beast shadow or whatever the game calls them. Radagon is Marika and Gurranq is Maliketh. You kill Maliketh and he is no longer around, yet Gurranq still is. You kill Radagon yet crumbly Marika is still there after the fight.

Maliketh is loyal only to Marika whereas Gurranq is a clergyman at least tangentially related to the Golden Order. Marika is loyal seemingly only to herself whereas Radagon is Radagon of the Golden Order.

So what I'm saying is this can't be intentional or anything also themes are for eighth grade book reports.

Ninja edit: wow I hate how fast this thread moves

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The Morgott thing remains weird since everyone in this game can seemingly do Force projections, just his are far more realistic looking for reasons

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
You guys should try swapping the binds for L1 and Circle/B. It's so nice being able to control the camera while sprinting without having to resort to a claw grip, once you get past the muscle memory.

I did it when I played Sekiro, never looked back.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

The Morgott thing remains weird since everyone in this game can seemingly do Force projections, just his are far more realistic looking for reasons

It might be an omen thing? There's that weird other Mohg too.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

TaurusTorus posted:

She's Malenia who has never known defeat, not Malenia who has never fallen of the same cliff 18 times.

Malenia, Who Could've Sworn She Lowered That Platform Last Time Through

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Mymla posted:

She meant she has never "known" defeat, in the biblical sense.

It's only defeat if it comes from the Caelid region of the lands between, otherwise it's just a sparkling rout.

Organza Quiz posted:

It might be an omen thing? There's that weird other Mohg too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Melina is Hillary.