Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Detective No. 27 posted:

I’m gonna sound like a real chump here, but just subscribe to YouTube Premium. It’s so much easier to deal with across devices. They got me with a free 3 month trial and I can’t go back.

It’s far and away the best, most used subscription I have, tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Blue Raider posted:

Is Civ 6 any good with a controller. Civ Revolution was ok with a controller but that was like 15 years ago.

Yeah it’s fine. Not outstanding, but fine, especially if you’re used to playing those kind of building and strategy games with a controller already. There’s a few annoying quirks that kept tripping me up, but I’d played a lot on PC so if you don’t have that baggage it should be okay.

It’s definitely a better game than Civ Rev though.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I heard Civ 6 crashes a lot on Xbox. Almost all the most recent reviews are 1 star due to crashing

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Ok Comboomer posted:

It’s far and away the best, most used subscription I have, tbh

I agree
I get not wanting to pay to not have ads but if your watch even half as much YouTube as I do the poo poo is worth it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Watch less YouTube.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

American McGay posted:

Watch less YouTube.

lol no

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Real hurthling! posted:

Its a bunch of screens full of different types of circular saw blades and you need to dodge them and even solve puzzles with them to open the next screen culminating in a pretty intense final boss that was cool

This sounds like the description of Super Meat Boy to be honest

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Kevyn posted:

I heard Civ 6 crashes a lot on Xbox. Almost all the most recent reviews are 1 star due to crashing

I played through a full game during the free weekend a few weeks back with no issues :shrug:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I’m gonna sound like a real chump here, but just subscribe to YouTube Premium. It’s so much easier to deal with across devices. They got me with a free 3 month trial and I can’t go back.

It's the only "steaming" sub I have and it's worth it for music too, if you're also a weirdo like me that listens to lots of anime and game music. Spotify and Apple Music suck for those.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I subbed to google play for years and the no ads YT was such a nice bonus I wasn't even expecting to get. But then they changed it to Youtube Music and I hated the format. I do the apple one now because it's the best imo but I miss no ads youtube.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Kevyn posted:

I've also seen these reviews and I don't get it as I've played hundreds of hours, I've had about 3 crashes maybe? And all of them were fine after reloading (put your autosave on every turn). Maybe it's the XB1 version that has the crashing, I'm playing on XSX.

As for the controls, they're pretty good and fast! And this comes from someone who had 800 hours of Civ 6 on pc before moving over to Xbox. My pc was getting old and the xbox version gives me much better performance on huge maps.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Lately all my youtube watching have been the “.exe” memefied edits of multiplayer shooters like apex and cod:warzone. Some really funny editing and audio work in those, I’m a little embarrassed by how funny I find them.

Anyone else watch those? Captain Po and ItsIllusion are the ones I seem to watch the most because they pop up in my feed.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Barudak posted:

I played Ninja Gaiden 2 a couple months back and it is soaked the bone in blood, limbs, and your dishonorable death because it remains one of the most brutal character action games.

I thought that patch just fixed how assets were loaded and slightly reduced the staircase enemy amount (boooo!). They also, iirc, patched the explosive Kunai Ninjas to be slightly less "oh, Im sorry, I thought you were a real ninja, you dog" difficult

Thanks and yeah I dunno much about the patch, just saw people comment on that staircase fight and assumed it might have extended to the rest of the game. Cool to know it's still awesome but yeah, I love action games like this but Ninja Gaiden has always been intimidating (the real ones - not the Sigma versions) and just how brutal is it? I know some people complained about being hit with rockets by enemies off-screen (that sounds really frustrating) but what I remember of the gameplay really didn't look much harder than other games in the genre? Then again I do remember a friend playing Ninja Gaiden Black on OG Xbox back in the day and constantly getting wrecked by some huge skeleton boss in a cave and it looking impossible so is it the bosses that are the major difficulties in the game?

I keep going back-and-forth on Sekiro since it looks cool (like FS take on Metal Gear Rising) but the difficulty complaints of that and lack of co-op have been a deterrent. Is NG2 even harder than that?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I beat both but I did Ninja Gaiden 2 complete like a decade ago. They are very distinct titles from each other, both are brutally hard. NG2 is shorter, but theres also not really like, side content to power up with like Sekiro has (to a limited extent).

NG2 is definitely less fair feeling. Ive not played far enough in since patching but there were enemies that would tag you with explosives and the way to deal with them was to count down the explosion timer then dash (when you're invulnerable) while it explodes. Super badass, yes, but also like an absolute poo poo show when you're fighting 10 other dudes and the screen is spraying with blood. The game has random difficulty spikes and a camera that occassionaly gets your hyper murdered.

Sekiro on the other hand is gonna expect you to absolutely learn enemies and your responses to them but you are basically never ever intended to fight more than one at a time. You can through pure memory defeat bosses and while they have dastardly tricks they're a lot more predictable than NG2 and they won't you know, offscreen juggle you to death with rocket launchers.

When everything clicks the payoff in Sekiro is a very one to one feeling of mastery over an opponent while in NG2 its "holy poo poo thats a lot of blood and dead people"

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

priznat posted:

Lately all my youtube watching have been the “.exe” memefied edits of multiplayer shooters like apex and cod:warzone. Some really funny editing and audio work in those, I’m a little embarrassed by how funny I find them.

Anyone else watch those? Captain Po and ItsIllusion are the ones I seem to watch the most because they pop up in my feed.

I wanna like those kinds of gameplay vids but the communities around them are always hella over-representing teenaged chuds

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Ok Comboomer posted:

I wanna like those kinds of gameplay vids but the communities around them are always hella over-representing teenaged chuds

I know nothing about the communities but the videos just randomly show up in my feed because I watch a couple call of duty video guys (jackfrags and icemanisaac) and they’re good for a laugh.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

priznat posted:

I had no idea what this all meant so I looked these up on youtube and now I feel old and I still don't know what this is.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I forget whether it was NG1 or 2 (or both), but at some point in the game you get a sword that refills your health over time, so you can wait around between fights and kinda cheese the game a bit if you're so inclined.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Minidust posted:

I forget whether it was NG1 or 2 (or both), but at some point in the game you get a sword that refills your health over time, so you can wait around between fights and kinda cheese the game a bit if you're so inclined.

My Morrowind strategy!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ok Comboomer posted:

You’ll never enjoy anything worrying about stuff like that these days unfortunately. Just ignore them.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

You’ll never enjoy anything worrying about stuff like that these days unfortunately. Just ignore them.

nah I don’t wanna platform chuds or people who are cool with chuds

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ok Comboomer posted:

nah I don’t wanna platform chuds or people who are cool with chuds

I meant the terrible fanbases and commenters. Of course don’t watch stuff from crappy chud creators.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MJBuddy posted:

This sounds like the description of Super Meat Boy to be honest

Yeah but its top down not a platformer.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ok Comboomer posted:

you're an idiot

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Larry Parrish posted:

you're an idiot
Chud detected.

Edit; checked your rapsheet. Holy poo poo were my instincts right or what...

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

you're an idiot

lmao

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I thought this was the chud zone

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm a CHUD - Console Having User who is glaD (thank you gamepass)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Also does anyone know if the Raji game on game pass got all the enhanced edition upgrades that came out the other day (ray tracing hindi voice acting etc)? Because I want to try it out and it isn't DLC so it should be in the XBox store version right?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

JBP posted:

I thought this was the chud zone

Nope. But if you want to get hyped for the next j k rowling project I can link you to the appropriate hugbox

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

too much irony posting in here. get real you freaks!!!!

played more of that Necromunda FPS and it stinks. it’s like the worst parts of Rage 2 and Doom 2016 combined.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Necromunda cheese

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Gonna fiddle with For Honor between sessions of SOPFFO and GTA2 on Duckstation. Xbox stays winning :getin:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Nope. But if you want to get hyped for the next j k rowling project I can link you to the appropriate hugbox

CineD?

Australia has $1 for 3 months again so I'm resubbed for Nazi Ballshooter V with a reminder to cancel 2/8/22 :getin:

American McGay posted:

Edit; checked your rapsheet. Holy poo poo were my instincts right or what...

:prepop:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Disposable Scud posted:

Gonna fiddle with For Honor between sessions of SOPFFO and GTA2 on Duckstation. Xbox stays winning :getin:

I'm going to chow down on a bowl of poo poo between courses of filet mignon and fresh Dungeness crab

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Professor Beetus posted:

I'm going to chow down on a bowl of poo poo between courses of filet mignon and fresh Dungeness crab

You didn't like SOPFFO?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Civ 6 owns on console tho it is definitely the suboptimal way to play compared to pc, but if u dont have a pc then be grateful for a very good port 👍👍👍👍

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I bought the original Xbox game Splinter Cell digitally on the Microsoft Store on their website to play on my 360. If I look it up on the store on the 360 it shows a purchase option for a different price. I don't see another way of finding and downloading it on the 360. I can pull up a download list but it's not listed there.

The page on the Microsoft Store says playable on Xbox One and Xbox Series but so do other games that are definitely playable on the 360 like the recent free Ms Splosion Man.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jolo posted:

I bought the original Xbox game Splinter Cell digitally on the Microsoft Store on their website to play on my 360. If I look it up on the store on the 360 it shows a purchase option for a different price. I don't see another way of finding and downloading it on the 360. I can pull up a download list but it's not listed there.

The page on the Microsoft Store says playable on Xbox One and Xbox Series but so do other games that are definitely playable on the 360 like the recent free Ms Splosion Man.

I'd get on to MS Support and see what the story is, there's definitely cases where the old digital versions of games have been up as separate downloads that don't work on newer consoles, I remember seeing 2 different Max Payne 3 for 360s up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

On PC Game Pass, anyone ever move a drive and have gamepass just find all the installed stuff?

Thankfully because they changed it to allow installs to wherever I have a secondary SATA SSD drive with my games on that (D:\XBoxGames) and I'm building a new PC and hoping I can just move the drive over and it will "just work" so I don't have to redownload a bunch of poo poo :haw: