Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I remember, it was from this iirc, which is an altogether different type of sound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I-U358E11U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1532370572834897922

:toot:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ah that's why they were recommending that kids get vaccinated.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is he at the jubilee or is he relegated to some kind of shame cupboard for the weekend?

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
RIP Brenda, killed by her determination to rehab the reputation of her nonce son

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

"No you can't be there, Andrew, people will comment"

"But if I'm not there... "

"We'll tell them you have covid"

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Dude got Covid 13.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Still , he has the consolation of knowing his hit tribute record is number 2 in the iTunes Charts lol

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Excuse me, Prince Andrew has been very clear that he doesn't sweat

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean, that kate bush song is a banger so fair play but why specifically is it number 1??

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I mean, that kate bush song is a banger so fair play but why specifically is it number 1??

Featured prominently in the new series of Stranger Things, I believe

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Gonzo McFee posted:

Dude got Covid 13.
lmao

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Wolfsbane posted:

If you put the wire part of a hanging basket upside down over the catnip it gives it a bit of a chance to grow without getting rolled on. The cats can still get to the leaves once the plant gets big enough.

That's a good idea! One step closer to setting myself up as the local catdrug queen...

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

OwlFancier posted:

Because, as the Kunts knew, just like the Sex Pistols - the shadowy establishment would never allow them to be number one for the jubilee

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Answers Me posted:

Featured prominently in the new series of Stranger Things, I believe

Ah, well good choice, hopefully a new generation of people will get introduced to it.

Also the placebo cover is quite good too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5GuBa4Bbnw

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I wish I could run up a hill to never hear Kate Bush ever again.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

What if I threw katy perry in as a 2 for 1 deal??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSae82WZCA8

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

forkboy84 posted:

Christ

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Prince Andrew is probably also a big fan of Stranger Things, for likely the same reason the Drake is.

In other racist news coming out of the Jubilee.

https://twitter.com/thejournal_ie/status/1532369391878393858?t=GhXj82UsAnnPuwTy49raTQ&s=19

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

forkboy84 posted:

Where are you going? Heathcliff? Heaaaathcliiiiiiiiiiff?

The Question IRL posted:

Prince Andrew is probably also a big fan of Stranger Things, for likely the same reason the Drake is.

In other racist news coming out of the Jubilee.

https://twitter.com/thejournal_ie/status/1532369391878393858?t=GhXj82UsAnnPuwTy49raTQ&s=19

My surname raising a lot of questions already answered by my "negative connotations have worn off' article

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
No it's okay it's what they used to call themselves. Please don't ask why I'm no longer allowed to do commentary for the Pakistan national cricket team.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I really love the UK because you so often get an article about something and then you see the name of the person writing it and you just go "oh yeah that makes sense" even if you don't recognize the name, the shape of the name just communicates it.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Kieth has got his Order of the Brown Nose nice and early into the celebrations

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

forkboy84 posted:

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Lady Demelza posted:

My lodger is moving out because he's accepted a job offer for such spurious reasons as "career progression", "increased pay", and "proximity to family".

I'm genuinely gutted, it's been so lovely having company. Ugh, why is it so difficult to make friends as an adult?

Meetup.com

Find something you like and go meet up with people doing it. Or find something you don't already like but have wanted to do and go and do that.

My wife and I have had decent results with it and gotten to know some cool people - some from a local "young professionals" social group where we used to live in the UK - yeah I know, but it was one of the only existing local groups that was specifically for younger people, so was just a way to meet people our age, and honestly everybody we met was really chill and it wasn't full of business bros or tories or anything. Actually it was mostly 25-30-ish year-old women working as stuff like a physio, a technical writer etc. We went to pub quizzes and stuff, it was good. And another one here in Canada which was a board games group. Have met some really lovely people from all ages and backgrounds at that one. My wife has also gone to a knitting one here in Ottawa and again, really lovely people, though that does seem to skew towards women in their 40s+

It's good because everybody who goes to these things is mostly looking to make friends and is really welcoming.

I understand it's not necessarily easy if you're e.g. disabled or up against it financially, but a lot of the stuff on there is or can be free (like, there are often just groups who meet up and go for short walks), or you can start your own group for any activity you like (though you do have to pay a monthly fee to do this).

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jun 2, 2022

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

You should have said you'd make a deal with God to never hear Kate Bush again.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Kate Bush is the best Bush imo.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Who's worse, George or Anheuser?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

keep punching joe posted:

Kate Bush is the best Bush imo.

As a Stan Bush stan, we might have words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDAoJIJ2ljU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
https://twitter.com/tristandross/status/1532389419801526272

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

fuuuuckkkk

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

noice

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

That was amazing. lmao

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Watching all this royal stuff with my mum, a retired physio, she says the queen's walking stick is too long.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
That's a hitting stick

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Look, this is Great-Aunt Mary's ivory-embedded rhinoceros-horn stick, you can't just shorten things like that.

Betting that it's a standing stick, and that she's using a wheelchair in private. But the Queen can't be seen in public in a wheelchair because :decorum:.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's a noncing stick. It's used in Nonceomancy.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Gonzo McFee posted:

It's a noncing stick. It's used in Nonceomancy.

It's called peadomancy and it's practiced by a noncerer.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

jiggerypokery posted:

It's called peadomancy and it's practiced by a noncerer.

https://www.aboohavad.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=180721

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

My partner has abandoned her plan to drag me to the jubilee street party. Going to stay in on my own playing video games on my own.. Thank god