Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SABERinBLUE
Jun 27, 2008

Lazy_Liberal posted:

i would like to see all the pokemon people relax and resolve their issues nonviolently. no need for sharp spiky fonts and curse words.

Interesting you should say that…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

World Famous W posted:

Looks like it'll be Back, which is good because I was originally planning to do HE IS A GOOD BOY and none of us want that

Are you kidding? HE IS A GOOD BOY is a trip and I love it.

Back is good, but it's not nearly as good as you'd hope from a collab between KC Green and Anthony Clark. I'm willing to see if it'll be better with a daily update rate than it was doled out over the time it took to make, though.

EDIT: actually, if there are no objections, before we jump into something as long as HE IS A GOOD BOY or BACK, I kinda post one of KC's shorter serial comics. Either Graveyard Quest (which iirc was a part of Gunshow), or A Pig Being Lowered into Hell in a Bucket. If we're going for BACK instead of HIAGB, then definitely Graveyard Quest which I think has some similar vibes to HIAGB.

Ditocoaf has a new favorite as of 04:51 on Jun 2, 2022

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
P I N O C C H I O
H U S K

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

And yeah I love the intense focus on the lifeless old wooden body, staring. It adds a nice bit of texture to the exceptionally pat "if you just always do what you're told, life will be perfect" message and ending of the Pinocchio story.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Green's done an exceptional job of weaving "I ironically love this" with "I unironically love this."

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Ditocoaf posted:

Are you kidding? HE IS A GOOD BOY is a trip and I love it.

Back is good, but it's not nearly as good as you'd hope from a collab between KC Green and Anthony Clark. I'm willing to see if it'll be better with a daily update rate than it was doled out over the time it took to make, though.

EDIT: actually, if there are no objections, before we jump into something as long as HE IS A GOOD BOY or BACK, I kinda post one of KC's shorter serial comics. Either Graveyard Quest (which iirc was a part of Gunshow), or A Pig Being Lowered into Hell in a Bucket. If we're going for BACK instead of HIAGB, then definitely Graveyard Quest which I think has some similar vibes to HIAGB.

I recant my previous recommendation of Back and am now proposing a quick Anime Club refresher first

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Ditocoaf posted:

If we're going for BACK instead of HIAGB, then definitely Graveyard Quest which I think has some similar vibes to HIAGB.

Honestly I also feel like there's Graveyard Quest vibes in BACK too, albeit in a completely different way from there being Graveyard Quest vibes in HIAGB

Actually something interesting I've seen pointed out that never dawned on me beforehand; BACK is a lot more "family friendly" than most KC Green stuff; like it doesn't necessarily feel at all like it's aimed at kids, but upon retrospect it does feel like something you could show to kids in a way most KC Green stuff isn't.

Digamma-F-Wau has a new favorite as of 05:29 on Jun 2, 2022

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

i remember really liking BACK for the completely whimsical characters and settings, don't care too much for the overall plot. it has that bright, colorful saturday morning cartoon feel.

he is a good boy was pretty much inscrutable to me and i don't usually go out of my way to read dark/depression comics even if they're done by KC Green. had to make myself read it to the end just to finish it.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
HIAGB was too depressed for me, yeah

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
We should just post every single frame from KC Green's Adventure Time episode

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I'll do graveyard quest then back

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

some plague rats posted:

You're going to have to be more specific

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the one that looks like an anime cat

I actually meant that Sigrun's "Well poo poo guess I'm gonna die now" expression was really well drawn and conveyed emotion really well.

E: guess it came off as a snarky "look at this bullshit"

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

https://twitter.com/ShadowPowerup/status/1532239126069760000

gently caress yeah

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

he is a good boy was pretty much inscrutable to me and i don't usually go out of my way to read dark/depression comics even if they're done by KC Green. had to make myself read it to the end just to finish it.

thetoughestbean posted:

HIAGB was too depressed for me, yeah

Ah yeah, fair. I'm someone who enjoys just absolutely miserable stories, especially when at a low point myself, and I should probably disclaim that when I excitedly recommend stuff like this. Its almost David Lynch-ian plot is also of niche appeal (that niche being me).

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

We want depressing comics? Someone post Drop-Out

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

is that the one where they're on a road trip to kill themselves in the grand canyon

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Makai no Ossan! Read right to left

Today’s another single update

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Rare instance of someone in TESB not having the time of their life

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
Trebuchet Dad only smiles when he gets to fire on his worthless gatdang allies who can't wear proper clothes.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Lies, Wives and Sisters

Page 6

Hempuli has a new favorite as of 08:44 on Jun 3, 2022

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It's already so convoluted I love it

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

World Famous W posted:

And we're done. I thoroughly enjoyed this and it was fun reading along with the book in the other thread. Going to think on what I want to post next, maybe gunshow or one of Green's other stories, but I'm afraid they'll feel like lesser works now.
This has been one of my daily highlights for a while, thank you.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Mx. posted:

is that the one where they're on a road trip to kill themselves in the grand canyon

Ayuh

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

that one is a great comic
super depressing
hosed me up

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

There's also Fresh Meat, the same author's even more depressing comic about being in an inpatient mental health facility

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

only just noticed the logo in the first one is trans flag colours

i love this comic

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I love powerup comics too but each story arc always goes through the same quality arc for me. The initial premise is always hilarious at the start. Then it gets dumb for a while. Then it gets extremely hilarious that make it worth sticking around for. Then it gets really mega dumb. Then the climax happens and it’s hit or miss. Some are great, some are bad. I like to read for those one or two moments in the story that are just absolute comedy gold, but it gets challenging at times.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Yeah, the general gimmick just tends to wear out fast. Except for Abbeycourt Manor.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Well if you can't decide what KC Greene comic to post, I will! And it's Church Funnies

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The New Adventures of the Duck Avenger

the raider's not such a bad guy, after all!

and that's Carpe Diem! Next up, another little vignette from a side character's perspective, and following that I think we've got another Evronian story coming up.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
Can you believe you used to be able to pay KC Green to make you a comic?

And here is how he felt about the experience:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hempuli posted:

Lies, Wives and Sisters
Page 6

Would you consider adding in a quick link to the previous post when you do these? For the longrunning story comics in particular I often like to click back and check on things that occurred in previous strips, and that's a whole lot faster than manually searching back through multiple pages.

Either way, thanks for taking this one on! :tipshat:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
You should include a death count with Lies, Wives and Sisters.

(I don't know if anyone dies in it)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Kennel posted:

You should include a death count with Lies, Wives and Sisters.

(I don't know if anyone dies in it)

If no one does, the FATALITIES: 0 at the bottom of each wacky farce will still improve the experience.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

No, no. Include a Lies count.

Wives and Sisters counts optional.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

There's also Fresh Meat, the same author's even more depressing comic about being in an inpatient mental health facility

I think Drop Out started getting posted on this or the other thread, I don't remember if it ever made it to the end.

The same author has a bunch of other mini comics, too, some of them direct spinoffs of Drop Out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Fools Infinite posted:

Can you believe you used to be able to pay KC Green to make you a comic?

And here is how he felt about the experience: