Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i hope all the school children learn all of the necessary skills they will need to die in ww3, as america intends for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

A Fancy Hat posted:

Also I had one cocaine addicted teacher in high school and one convicted pedophile (they convicted him after I graduated, but we all knew what was up). Can only imagine the terror from arming those two guys.

The guy who founded the charter school I graduated high school from is currently serving federal time for embezzling. He got away with it forever, what tipped everyone off finally was that he started a flight school at the school and actually got a few people licensed before the Feds saw that he purchased a plane with charter money, then transferred the plane to an LLC, and then paid himself with school funds to rent his own airplane. He spent his entire trial and sentencing spending every last dime of charter money he had left in savings in Vegas.

That dude had me in detention the last year and a half of my high school career because I could never shut my mouth about all the lavish poo poo he was totally purchasing for himself (like a Ford Expedition, the "school car," exclusively used to shuttle his kids that didn't go to his own school around), and loudly insinuating to anyone that would listen that he was embezzling all the money from our school. Friends with a bunch of cops, somehow got on-duty APD to hang out at a charter school, and had a violent temper.

If he'd been allowed to he totally woulda carried to school and he totally woulda shot me at some point; or he woulda missed his chance for me when he raged out at someone for making fun of his gynecomastia.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jun 2, 2022

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
replace PE with live fire war games, make sure that an entire generation of kids has PTSD before they get their learners permit

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/shomaristone/status/1532392446629380096?s=20&t=eRggg9U4lTuMKxUi8AtITQ

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

This is insanely popular with the southern (dumb) parts of Ohio.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Picture this:

But in classroom

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Think of all the money we can save on flag rope if we just keep the flag at half staff constantly due to all the shootings!

How, as a guard, do you see someone walking toward you with an AR slung over their shoulder and NOT think that's an immediate threat?

Suddenly the 4th grade teacher is the bad guy for blowing little Jimmy's dad's head off because he was walking into school with a gun.

pro starcraft loser fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jun 2, 2022

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1532394879912919040?t=rA44MgajfMgMRpvEuS_Jpw&s=19

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

just realized it's only a matter of time before kids can legally carry guns to class lmfao

what a shitshow

america you fuckin suck dude

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

GolfHole posted:

just realized it's only a matter of time before kids can legally carry guns to class lmfao

what a shitshow

In some christian universities students can open carry

Liberty university allows it

Students, faculty/staff, and visitors are permitted to conceal carry while on campus. Individuals who conceal carry at Liberty must have valid state permit available at all times and be able to present it upon request.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

lmao at his childish little snap "i'm at my house, i can do whatever i want with my guns, DAD!!!!!!!!!"

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

In some christian universities students can open carry

Liberty university allows it

so does hell!!!!

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

"I'm both a terrible shot and a complete coward so I need guns with the maximum number of bullets"

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

GolfHole posted:

what a shitshow

The only thing that can stop a child with a gun is a child with a gun.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

pro starcraft loser posted:

"I'm both a terrible shot and a complete coward so I need guns with the maximum number of bullets"
A few years back, I saw a charging 500 pounds wild boars get killed by a 70s year old man with a double barrelled shotgun, but yeah he suuuuuuuuuuure do need a war weapon for... *checks note* racoons????

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jun 2, 2022

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

a loving racoon lol

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009

Missouri with a rare logical policy, I have to give my home state some props for that. Can't imagine it will last very long though.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Eighty year-old Mr. Philbins who can barely walk carrying a gun around his waist that weighs more than he does.

First year kindergarten teacher Mrs. Bates, who already has to buy all of the supplies for her class on her $30K salary also has to buy her own gun.

Mr. Potts, 45, overpowered by a 6-foot 15-year old, is shot and killed with his own gun for asking the student to answer a question.

Mr. Abrams, 37, recently found out his wife is divorcing him and taking the kids. Distraught, he blows the back of his head off in front of his third grade classroom.

Mrs. Brown, during a heated political debate with her high history school class, pulls the weapon out to enforce her opinion.

Mr. Billings, 58, shoots and kills a student he doesn’t like (the student was black).

dont forget

Mrs Jones, 36, followed the school training plan to the letter but the SWAT team saw the gun in her hand and unloaded on her anyway

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

For a heavily armed nation Americans sure are bootlicking cowards.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1532396774584885249?t=rDpSi2_J7vU9CC57NX23Jg&s=19
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1532398554236452865?t=-KAx8eTq-v48o6MMRc_xbA&s=19

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I mean.....
Not siding with this guy at all.. but uh...
I will say that...
While it's OBVIOUSLY reflective of all the stuff we already associate with school shootings and such, gun control, mental health, et al....

Maybe it is also a commentary on the lovely state of our medical system in the u.s.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Monkey Fracas posted:

a loving racoon lol

*Translator's note: "Raccoon" is Conservative for "Black Person"

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

GolfHole posted:

just realized it's only a matter of time before kids can legally* carry guns to class lmfao

what a shitshow

*subject to execution at SRO discretion because he felt scared

Toplowtech posted:

A few years back, I saw a charging 500 pounds wild boars get killed by a 70s year old man with a double barrelled shotgun, but yeah he suuuuuuuuuuure do need a war weapon for... *checks note* racoons????

that double barreled shotgun probably cost money but at this point an AR15 costs about the same as a week's groceries for a family of four. shoot 30 raccoons and eat them instead, instant savings

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jun 2, 2022

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos
I would ask if these gun nuts gently caress their guns.....but I already know the answer.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Vampire Panties posted:

dont forget

Mrs Jones, 36, followed the school training plan to the letter but the SWAT team saw the gun in her hand and unloaded on her anyway

:hmmyes:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i have thought about getting a gun but not because i fear normal crime per se but all these "lawful" gun owners that might pop off for who knows what reason and claim self defense

you know that county in ga where the sheriff puts up signs like "we all own guns here and we have more graveyards than jails" ? my parents have a log home there and im always nervous that my crazy dad will piss off the neighbors by playing music too loud or something and get machine gunned

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

The Bananana posted:

I mean.....
Not siding with this guy at all.. but uh...
I will say that...
While it's OBVIOUSLY reflective of all the stuff we already associate with school shootings and such, gun control, mental health, et al....

Maybe it is also a commentary on the lovely state of our medical system in the u.s.

My initial hellworld theory is that the doc wouldn't re-fill an opiate prescription or something equally dumb

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

botched rear end surgery

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
USA loving rules

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i have thought about getting a gun but not because i fear normal crime per se but all these "lawful" gun owners that might pop off for who knows what reason and claim self defense

you know that county in ga where the sheriff puts up signs like "we all own guns here and we have more graveyards than jails" ? my parents have a log home there and im always nervous that my crazy dad will piss off the neighbors by playing music too loud or something and get machine gunned

the kyle rittenhouse trail really changed my mind on gun ownership and ive been on the fence about getting one since
i know the answer of MORE GUN isnt going to help things but, god drat there are some crazy motherfuckers. maybe ill start sleeping with a bat AND a knife

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Mulaney Power Move posted:

If someone is aiming a gun at you do you think you're gonna loving quickdraw like it's a western?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Nocheez posted:

I had at least 1 teacher that should never be allowed to touch firearms. They would have definitely killed a student with it.

The math teacher with angry short guy syndrome. He'd be the first one to carry if he could too

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

It took me a second (I was distracted by the guns), but seeing the racism hit me like a shot punch to the gut. Plus the sad attempt at Islamophobia.

Unless Oreo has some different meaning for chuds than just being a slur towards Obama and others. If so, I missed that one.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Read After Burning posted:

It took me a second (I was distracted by the guns), but seeing the racism hit me like a shot punch to the gut. Plus the sad attempt at Islamophobia.

Unless Oreo has some different meaning for chuds than just being a slur towards Obama and others. If so, I missed that one.

nah black twitter called my girlfriend that until she quit social media for her own mental health, it's racism!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Inept posted:

If someone is aiming a gun at you do you think you're gonna loving quickdraw like it's a western?

no and im not interested in ccw so it's not really anything rational just all these nuts have guns and they cant wait to shoot someone but i guess having a glock on the nightstand isn't really going to help that, so i don't own a gun

Hatsune Mike
Oct 9, 2013

A Fancy Hat posted:

Also I had one cocaine addicted teacher in high school and one convicted pedophile (they convicted him after I graduated, but we all knew what was up).

A teacher from my high school was also convicted after I graduated, cool country and world huh

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Inept posted:

I think there is probably a lot of people that think this, but again a gun to defend yourself or people around you is (should be anyway) a last resort in the Run-Hide-Fight response to an active shooter. I mean if I'm going to be barricaded in an office with someone I'd rather have a gun than a fire extinguisher or a 3-hole punch.

From Ready.gov:

Edit: I do not carry a gun.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Picture this:

But in classroom

seems like it would be really easy just grab the guns off of these guys while their backs are turned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

now i am just imagining someone bumping into one of these guys and getting lit up in a panic