Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

I'm down for this but how does one go look at and test drive a vehicle? That would be my only concern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Yeah, I really want a Maverick, but I also want to actually drive one before I commit to paying 29 thousand.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Again, I still say the biggest miracle out of all this is that police station hasn't been burned to the ground yet.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Mr. Nice! posted:

He's looking more and more like Phil every day.

Remember that video he posted shortly after he got fired from Jackass Forever, when he was fat, drunk and high as poo poo, and just kept on pleading over and over to "Doctor" Phil to rescue him?

This isn't the one, but, crikey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoKezJzvp4k

Dude is melting down before our eyes.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Yeah he’s been buried in a bottle since Dunn died and couldn’t stay sober long enough to film the new movie.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

I'm down for this but how does one go look at and test drive a vehicle? That would be my only concern.

Ford could still have showrooms like Tesla with a couple of EV models. But it is an issue to overcome.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
I just ran into this with Toyota. I want a 4runner. The used market is insane -- I saw a 'used' 22 limited with under 600 miles for 61k -- 11k over MSRP. it's kinda time to upgrade my car so going to go new because of how crazy used is, but god drat I don't understand why I have to interact with my local dealer to build and order a car.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Thaddius the Large posted:

I don’t know what you mean, doesn’t every air force leave fully fueled and armed jets completely unsupervised sitting in random hangers in the middle of an air assault?

*Squints in Japanese*

No one would EVER

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
good new on the Uvalde situation.

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1532100933907357698?s=20&t=d4el8kXKtewswXXjtpLGSw

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah he’s been buried in a bottle since Dunn died and couldn’t stay sober long enough to film the new movie.

I think he's been sober for over a year now.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Whew, that's a relief

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

wandler20 posted:

I think he's been sober for over a year now.

That's a good thing, if so. When they started filming Jackass Forever, he was a part of it. They told him it was a completely sober set because they didn't want Steve-o to deal with any potential risks of relapse. On the first day of shooting or something, he was drunk and doing coke in his trailer so Johnny and Jeff Tremaine kicked him out.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1532462871384309760

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's a good thing, if so. When they started filming Jackass Forever, he was a part of it. They told him it was a completely sober set because they didn't want Steve-o to deal with any potential risks of relapse. On the first day of shooting or something, he was drunk and doing coke in his trailer so Johnny and Jeff Tremaine kicked him out.

Yeah, exactly this. He very badly wanted to be part of Forever, but the condition was that it had to be a clean set, because they didn't want any triggers around Steve-O. Margera agreed to it as part of his contract.

He showed up stoned and drunk to his first day of shooting and he was summarily fired.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My sister was down in Florida taking care of our parents' house to rent out, and even though she's pretty careful health-wise she caught COVID-19. I also learned of Plaxlovid and now I'm genuinely curious if any of you tried it.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

swickles posted:

Again, I still say the biggest miracle out of all this is that police station hasn't been burned to the ground yet.

How is that a miracle

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Neil Armbong posted:

I just ran into this with Toyota. I want a 4runner. The used market is insane -- I saw a 'used' 22 limited with under 600 miles for 61k -- 11k over MSRP. it's kinda time to upgrade my car so going to go new because of how crazy used is, but god drat I don't understand why I have to interact with my local dealer to build and order a car.

I just want them to offer a Tacoma or 4Runner in a hybrid. Some day they'll let me give them all my money, but gently caress mid teens gas mileage.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Margera actually had to sign a contract with some pretty strict monitoring, just so they could get insured. Of course, because he was a loving manchild who never had to follow any rules in his life, he didn't

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I just want them to offer a Tacoma or 4Runner in a hybrid. Some day they'll let me give them all my money, but gently caress mid teens gas mileage.

When we got together, my ex-wife was driving a 2003 Blazer that her parents had given her, and was commuting, round-trip, from Madison to Whitewater every day for college. After we moved in together in Dubuque, in 2006, and she was still doing the 20-some-mile one-way trip from Dubuque to Platteville, and the mileage was killing me with monthly bills. I finally prevailed upon her to get something smaller, and we took out a three-year loan on a Chevy Cavalier from maybe 2003. She hated the idea because she wanted to drive a big SUV, but when she stopped having to fill up three or four times a week, she finally said, "Yep, Tim, you were right."

Last I heard she had to go back to that vehicle shortly after we split because she ripped the transmission out of the Subaru Outback we had bought about six months prior to us splitting. :lol:

GD_American posted:

Margera actually had to sign a contract with some pretty strict monitoring, just so they could get insured. Of course, because he was a loving manchild who never had to follow any rules in his life, he didn't

Yeah, I mentioned that in my post. His contract literally said it was a zero-strike process; if they had any reasonable suspicion that he was using and he then failed a test, he was done, no questions asked. And so, of course, on his very first day he's literally drunk on the set and found doing crack in his trailer.

Timby fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 2, 2022

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm annoyed by tacos because if I have two I want one more but if I have three I'm totally stuffed and regret it.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Timby posted:

Remember that video he posted shortly after he got fired from Jackass Forever, when he was fat, drunk and high as poo poo, and just kept on pleading over and over to "Doctor" Phil to rescue him?

This isn't the one, but, crikey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoKezJzvp4k

Dude is melting down before our eyes.

He's starting to really look like his dad

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Timby posted:

When we got together, my ex-wife was driving a 2003 Blazer that her parents had given her, and was commuting, round-trip, from Madison to Whitewater every day for college. After we moved in together in Dubuque, in 2006, and she was still doing the 20-some-mile one-way trip from Dubuque to Platteville, and the mileage was killing me with monthly bills. I finally prevailed upon her to get something smaller, and we took out a three-year loan on a Chevy Cavalier from maybe 2003. She hated the idea because she wanted to drive a big SUV, but when she stopped having to fill up three or four times a week, she finally said, "Yep, Tim, you were right."

Last I heard she had to go back to that vehicle shortly after we split because she ripped the transmission out of the Subaru Outback we had bought about six months prior to us splitting. :lol:

How the hell do you kill a Subaru? They're rock solid until their head gaskets kill themselves at 100k.

I just put $71 in my Legacy for the first time ever today. Doing short in-town driving all the time doesn't help and the next car absolutely will be a hybrid. Just don't want anything as big as a full size pick-up.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Android Apocalypse posted:

My sister was down in Florida taking care of our parents' house to rent out, and even though she's pretty careful health-wise she caught COVID-19.

Brother in law and his wife went on a cruise out of Florida last week. Both caught Covid and are now quarantined at a hotel by their choice for 2 weeks to keep it out of their house and away from their 1 year old son. Shits not over and as it is endemic won’t ever be. Thanks anti vax god bothering morons.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Android Apocalypse posted:

My sister was down in Florida taking care of our parents' house to rent out, and even though she's pretty careful health-wise she caught COVID-19. I also learned of Plaxlovid and now I'm genuinely curious if any of you tried it.

It’s very difficult to get and isn’t widely available.

I’m sure you can figure out who does have access to it.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 2, 2022

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

wandler20 posted:

They bring you one to your house to test-drive, assuming you live within their area. They still have lots where they transport and store cars, they're just not dealerships with markups and showrooms etc. The dealer network thing and the way it's enshrined in state laws all over the country is a gigantic grift/scam and the sooner we can kill it the better.

We bought a car from Vroom (DO NOT DO THIS holy poo poo that company is BAD) and we had I think it was a week or ten days to reverse the transaction. We'd be out delivery fees ($650 in our case) but supposedly that's it. That's the alternative to getting to test-drive, I guess, but it was because our car was coming all the way from Texas, and before we bought it we went to dealerships to test drive similar model/years so we already knew what we were getting.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I have a job interview as a library page on Monday. I have been a stay home parent for so long now that I no longer own clothes that don't have Mickey Mouse or something on them. I probably haven't been to a proper job interview in 20 years. Oh no.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Leperflesh posted:

Vroom is bad

Someone I know worked at Vroom and they tried to get me a job there to fix all their busted processes. Short version being they made an offer that was less than half my current package and tried to convince me it was a good deal. Didn’t take them up on it. Year passes and said person now works for me in my firm after Vroom basically imploded internally after getting sued by consumers and states for how bad they are. Carvana is the same abs both of them have lost their dealer licenses in a number of states a number of times due to not getting titles out on time, selling the same car multiple times and taking payments on loans from people for cars that were never delivered.

Car dealerships are bad but the “tech” companies trying to “disrupt” that business are worse.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Braksgirl posted:

I have a job interview as a library page on Monday. I have been a stay home parent for so long now that I no longer own clothes that don't have Mickey Mouse or something on them. I probably haven't been to a proper job interview in 20 years. Oh no.

You’ve got this! If it’s any consolation I’ve been working exclusively with teens for over a decade now and have a wardrobe and vocabulary to match, “professional dress” probably just has to last long enough to get past the interview

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Braksgirl posted:

You’ve got this, comrade :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

BigPaddy posted:

Someone I know worked at Vroom and they tried to get me a job there to fix all their busted processes. Short version being they made an offer that was less than half my current package and tried to convince me it was a good deal. Didn’t take them up on it. Year passes and said person now works for me in my firm after Vroom basically imploded internally after getting sued by consumers and states for how bad they are. Carvana is the same abs both of them have lost their dealer licenses in a number of states a number of times due to not getting titles out on time, selling the same car multiple times and taking payments on loans from people for cars that were never delivered.

Car dealerships are bad but the “tech” companies trying to “disrupt” that business are worse.

I understand there's variability, two or three of the delivery co's are really bad (IMO Vroom is the absolute worst) but some seem to more have their poo poo together.

Vroom took 4 months to register my car, and lied to me repeatedly about renewing my expired temporary permit, it was obvious that customer support's only solution was to repeatedly open new tickets with the registration dept., and there was no way to directly call the registration dept. (although they'd randomly call me and leave useless messages). The sales person basically lied when he told me: what would happen at delivery, didn't tell me how much I'd need to do on my own (literally go to DMV to get a VIN inspection, the DMV staff were confused about why I didn't just register the car myself on the spot which I absolutely could have done if Vroom had simply signed the docs they sent me to sign and send back to them, lol), how long it would all take, etc. And they charged me a pretty hefty fee to "register the car for you" for this multi-month nightmare of incompetence.

Notably, Texas law gives them 30 days to register the car, so it sounds like they've been repeatedly breaking that law. Their BBB rating in Texas is an F, their listing is just dozens of people with the same complaints. There's at least one law firm based in Texas openly advertising for people who haven't received titles/registrations or for their cars to contact them. I'm sure it's similar in other states. I wish I'd bothered to do any research on them before we bought back in November.

We like the car, we're lucky enough that what we ordered is what we got. We were gonna put a trailer hitch on it and it came with a good one already installed that hadn't been in the listing, and that somewhat mitigated the costs we incurred.

The icing on the cake was when they called weeks after the registration finally showed up, to again ask me for paperwork I'd already sent them in order to get the temporary registration renewed. I told them fairly nicely to gently caress off forever.

Again, that was Vroom, and Carvana's been in the news for the same thing, but I haven't heard similar stories about the other outfits and don't want to tar them all with the same brush.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Goon fund project; all techies provide me $1,000 and I might be able to get a vehicle

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

Don't blame that on your kids, that's a you thing

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Skwirl posted:

Don't blame that on your kids, that's a you thing

But blaming your kids for stuff is the reason you have kids.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
And kinda shoddy unpaid labor

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I love a Friday. Finally shook of the flu too. Don't even care I have no plans this weekend. Gonna get lit and play video games and cook birria.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Braksgirl posted:

You can do it! :hfive:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

loving christ, they're getting biker gangs to rough up reporters now.

https://twitter.com/JulianGi11/status/1532451964457566210?s=20&t=aREi7pQiRb7acFEq4eCXtA

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Skwirl posted:

loving christ, they're getting biker gangs to rough up reporters now.

https://twitter.com/JulianGi11/status/1532451964457566210?s=20&t=aREi7pQiRb7acFEq4eCXtA

quote:

They were assisted by dozens of bikers who were members of at least three clubs -- Guardians of the Children, Thin Blue Line LEMC and Marines MC

Absolutely roflmao at these sadass boomer “biker gangs”, love to get a couple Gypsy Jokers or whoever to come in and see them cosplaying

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Intentionally bumping into a reporter and saying "well, really you could get charged with felony assault" with clearly the full support of the local PD is bad however geriatric the person doing it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I’m not sure what the 4x4 runs, but I average 22-23mpg mixed driving in my 4door 2wd Taco.

I really wish they had a hybrid tho.