Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
RE4 remake looks like an even more pointless waste of dev time and resources than Dead Space 1 remake, and that says a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Hmmmm should we remake Dino Crisis, or remake a game that is already available on every system on the planet and that still looks and plays better than most modern AAA releases… tough choice lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I got the tude now posted:

I just woke up from the most intense nightmare of my life and this is absolutely worse

lmao

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i've been calling it Retard 4

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

ff16 is going to be my first final fantasy game

godspeed

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dongicus posted:

i've been calling it Retard 4

Hello, “it” :D

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Leon sounds like such a pussy in the RE4 remake

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Drake: The Sons of Nathan

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

I hope it's great for fans and first-timers.

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Kongming posted:

Open world battle hub sounds like a terrible idea. It's like they looked at Guilty Gear Strive lobbies and said "we can make it even shittier". Just let me press button to play game!!!!

This but I want to play it now

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

how does this even happen

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nutmeg posted:

Wondering this as well

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
some ppl are late bloomers. judge not lest ye be judged

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yakuza 7 was my first Yakuza game

I pray for understanding if not forgiveness

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

FFX was the first one I beat on my own. Can't remember the first I played.. probably 8 on PC

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
ive played a few but never completed one

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My first FF and first JRPG was FF2 (4). I saw it in a video rental store as a kid and I thought it was like Zelda so that's the game I picked. It confused the hell out of me but I also loved it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i beat Tactics years ago but am playing through VII right now as my first mainline one. making up for lost time

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me
I grew a dragon warrior kid, only got into FF with 6 and was both stunned when Dragon Warrior 7 and Final Fantasy 7 came out and wondered where the hell the other ones went

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The first FF I played was probably VII at a friend’s at some point but the first I actually owned and played to completion was I+II Dawn of Souls

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

That Little Demon posted:

I grew a dragon warrior kid, only got into FF with 6 and was both stunned when Dragon Warrior 7 and Final Fantasy 7 came out and wondered where the hell the other ones went

lol i forgot dragon quest skipped a couple of entries in the US too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The first FF I played was Dirge of Cerberus at my PS2 friend's house.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

first one I played ws two us, got three like three months later and was 100% hooked

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

My first was the Game Boy Advance 1+2 remake compilation. Found it sitting abandoned at the lunch table in school like a gift from the gaming gods

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I started out with FF1 on the gba but I never finished it because someone stole the cart at lunch

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I played 10 first but 1 was the first one I beat when I was in high school. I've been careful to only beat them in order.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

I started out with FF1 on the gba but I never finished it because someone stole the cart at lunch

lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

Sub-Actuality posted:

lmfao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Nutmeg posted:

pretty much only played nintendo first party games until ps4

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
my first was 8 at our neighbors house who didn't have a memory card, so they had just played through the first couple hours of final fantasy 8 over and over again
and they were showing me like,, this is his teacher, this is the cave they go to with a whip and a gun for some reason, you can name this monster anything. and I was like "name him buttface!"

the first I really sat down and played was 6 on zsnes and it's still my favorite
FF6/Chrono Trigger/Earthbound... unbelievably blessed

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cubone posted:

my first was 8 at our neighbors house who didn't have a memory card, so they had just played through the first couple hours of final fantasy 8 over and over again
A friend and I did this with FF7. His father bought him a PS1 and FF7, but no memory card, so we would just stay up night after night and try to get a little further into Midgar.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

That Little Demon posted:

SF6 looks like absolute dogshit lol

cant believe this could happen after sf4 and sf5

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Ff16 combat director is the dmc5/dragon's Dogma guy.. hype.

give me

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Ff16 combat director is the dmc5/dragon's Dogma guy.. hype.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

My first FF was 1 on NES

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

My first FF was 1 on NES

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

A friend and I did this with FF7. His father bought him a PS1 and FF7, but no memory card, so we would just stay up night after night and try to get a little further into Midgar.

my parents bought me a PS2 for my 8th birthday which was sick however they didn't realize it needed memory cards. anyway i died to the final boss of champions of norrath after like a week of leaving the PS2 on and died, and unlike any other battle in the game this one didn't have a continue checkpoint. i got so mad i never played it again lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
is nintendo doing anything this summer