Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

no they aren't plantains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Last time I was there I saw an old man frantically checking the entire palat for some ripe bananas. Rumor has it he's still looking.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Spinz posted:

A couple bunches of the $2 bananas

Peel them, snap in half and put each one in an individual sandwich bag and put it in the freezer.

You will be amazed how good those are straight out of the bag. Hold the baggie like a cone when you're eating it so you don't get messy.
Please pay pal me the $200 I just saved you this year

That sounds terribly wasteful of plastic bags. The bananas are already in their own wrapper!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

simply put the plastic bags through the dishwasher to recycle them!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Spinz posted:

Peel them, snap in half and put each one in an individual sandwich bag and put it in the freezer.

You will be amazed how good those are straight out of the bag. Hold the baggie like a cone when you're eating it so you don't get messy.

:chloe:

Just get blueberries. Sometimes they'll have a "tropical"mix that is v good

Costco's popsicle selection is wild this time of year too, if you count fruit flavored things the Melona pops are delicious

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Spinz posted:

I get the big rear end bag of berries. Has all the classics. Goes well in a smoothie as well as a cobbler. I also get the blueberries because, you know, pancakes.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Picked up a rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, bag salad, and the pull-a-part cinnamon rolls for dinner with the folks tonight.

My mom just texted me: Please don't EVER buy those cinnamon rolls again. Too good!!!

+1 for the frozen berries. Add some protein powder and/or peanut butter and you have a great breakfast shake.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

It was my birthday today and I got my cake from Costco. One of those rectangular Tuxedo cakes. I thought about the 10" chocolate cake, too; they're good but they fall far short of the glory that was the All American Chocolate Cake of days gone by (RIP).

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Friends!

Flamingos!!!!!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

simply put the plastic bags through the dishwasher to recycle them!

Handwash actually

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

BigPaddy posted:

Bulk boxes of snacks as far as the eye can see.

We got Arizona tea for less than a dollar a bottle. Miracles happen!

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011

Meaty Ore posted:

It was my birthday today and I got my cake from Costco. One of those rectangular Tuxedo cakes. I thought about the 10" chocolate cake, too; they're good but they fall far short of the glory that was the All American Chocolate Cake of days gone by (RIP).

Happy birthday! My birthday was Monday and my cake was the lemon cheesecake. Too drat delicious! Also had a bucket of marinated olives on the table while the bbq was going. Highly recommend.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
My 3 week costco trip usually results in the following:

A rotisserie chicken
A large container of humus (variety depends on what is available, lots of good choices like the red pepper humus)
A box of either melona popsicles or boba ice cream bars
A (two pack of) loaf of bread
A (two) pack of whatever cheese I feel like
A pack of roast beef or black forest ham
A 24 pack of La Croix or Waterloo - only if the choices aren't disgusting. They tend to be best during the summer
A bag or container of some kind of nut. Could be peanuts, almonds, or the kirkland cashew clusters, but probably won't be normal cashews cause those things are too expensive and too addictive
Sometimes eggs but usually just get those from a normal grocery store as needed

Every other trip tier depending on personal supplies:
A bag of frozen berries
A bag of other frozen fruits
A bag of frozen broccoli
A bag of frozen edamame
A bag of frozen shrimp
A (often two) pack of granola of some sort <-- almost forgot about this poo poo in the post, but very important for optimal berry consumption

Every 3-6 months tier depending on personal supplies:
A bottle of Grey Goose (2 if on sale)
A bottle of Bombay
A bottle of Jack
A bottle of some kind of Tequila
A 20 lbs bag of jasmine rice
A 24 pack of flavored Ginger ales (Hell yeah, gimmie that Berry Lemonade Ginger ale mixer)

That's the stuff I always or usually buy. I fill in various things that look cool from the refrigerated and or frozen section. Cost usually averages $130 but may be higher or lower depending on if there is cool poo poo present, or alcohol reserves are low.

How are costco Bananas thread, I am getting mixed reports

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jun 2, 2022

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

going to costco 2nite

gonna get a pizza slice after i think. or maybe poutine???

im all dogged out...for now

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

BabyRyoga posted:

A rotisserie chicken
A large container of humus (variety depends on what is available, lots of good choices like the red pepper humus)
A 24 pack of La Croix or Waterloo - only if the choices aren't disgusting. They tend to be best during the summer
A bag or container of some kind of nut. Could be peanuts, almonds, or the kirkland cashew clusters, but probably won't be normal cashews cause those things are too expensive and too addictive

A bag of frozen berries
A bag of frozen broccoli
A bag of frozen edamame
A bag of frozen shrimp
A (often two) pack of granola of some sort <-- almost forgot about this poo poo in the post, but very important for optimal berry consumption

A bottle of Bombay
A bottle of Jack
A 24 pack of flavored Ginger ales (Hell yeah, gimmie that Berry Lemonade Ginger ale mixer)

That's the stuff I always or usually buy. I fill in various things that look cool from the refrigerated and or frozen section. Cost usually averages $130 but may be higher or lower depending on if there is cool poo poo present, or alcohol reserves are low.

V good shopping list

Their bananas are awful, don’t get them at Costco

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Soul Dentist posted:

Costco's popsicle selection is wild this time of year too, if you count fruit flavored things the Melona pops are delicious

Yeah, the Melonas rule. Be aware that they contain dairy: a lactose-intolerant friend came over and ate half of one before checking the ingredients.

Then ate the other half because it was just that good, and worth it

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

bananas are trash fruit what the gently caress you doin buyin bananas get some pineapple or strawberries or maybe a nice orange

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Zombie Dachshund posted:

Yeah, the Melonas rule. Be aware that they contain dairy: a lactose-intolerant friend came over and ate half of one before checking the ingredients.

Then ate the other half because it was just that good, and worth it

man I specifically didn't get those today altho I saw them, I got the welches fruit juice ones instead, if they're not good I'm gonna be super bummed now

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

bird with big dick posted:

bananas are trash fruit what the gently caress you doin buyin bananas get some pineapple or strawberries or maybe a nice orange

If you can think of a better source of potassium that comes in a phallic-shaped delivery capsule, i'd like to hear it

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

BabyRyoga posted:

A rotisserie chicken

A bag of frozen berries
A bag of frozen broccoli
A bag of frozen edamame
A bag of frozen shrimp

A bottle of Bombay
A bottle of Jack

:hmmyes:

Also bananas >>>>>>>> oranges any loving day. Just the actual fruit as a solo snack, I'd say they're equal in most other regards

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Bananas are good as hell I put one in a smoothie every morning

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Let me tell you the secret to making any orange good: peel it with a knife and dont leave any pith

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'd eat oranges more but they're a bitch to peel. I have one of those old orange cutters from when I was a kid in the 80s and it works fine. But the pith is so hard to get out on almost any orange I buy. Some are better than others. It's a roll of the dice. I guess it's good fiber though.

edit: also they're just pure sugar. Although they're fruit sugar though which isn't as bad. I loved the orange slices I had when playing soccer as a kid. They open the cooler and all the kids rush too it and start blasting away at the oranges.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'd eat oranges more but they're a bitch to peel. I have one of those old orange cutters from when I was a kid in the 80s and it works fine. But the pith is so hard to get out on almost any orange I buy. Some are better than others. It's a roll of the dice. I guess it's good fiber though.

edit: also they're just pure sugar. Although they're fruit sugar though which isn't as bad. I loved the orange slices I had when playing soccer as a kid. They open the cooler and all the kids rush too it and start blasting away at the oranges.

use a knife!!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't see an advantage of that because I peel all of the orange. I make the cut across it and then peel away. How does a knife help? Do you use it to cut every piece of pith off of it? That sounds like it'd take 10 minutes.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

It takes like 30 secs

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

My soccer coach led me into a shed full of orange slices and then touched my butthole.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

You should have used a knife!!!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

This is beautiful.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

The motor city pizzas with added pesto and olives are dangerously tasty.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

numberoneposter posted:

going to costco 2nite

gonna get a pizza slice after i think. or maybe poutine???

im all dogged out...for now

the poutine isn't great but there's a lot of it and they don't skimp on the curds

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

This is beautiful.

i did it just for u. and cause the orange was getting old

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Apricots just showed up at my costco. absolute joy. I've already eaten 4.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I'm completely unfazed by orange pith, but I am going to try the knife thing and see how it changes the orange experience.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
While you got the knife out keep cutting the individual segments out of the central framework. Keep the segments in a bowl and squeeze the carcass into your mouth or onto food. This is called "supreming" an orange and it's really supreme if you know what I mean

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Sitting in the parking lot waiting for Costco to open!!!

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

FreeMars posted:

Hey goons, my wife needs a work laptop that can stream video. Any good recommendations from the 'Sco?

the spyder posted:

That's a loaded question. There's way better general advise over in SH/SC. There's a dozen decent Dell/HP/Lenovo laptops from $449-799.

Only real advise I have: If her work supports it and your budget allows - consider a M1 MacBook. I've gotten twice the usable life out of my Mac's vs PC's for general use.

Dell and HP machines have been hot loving garbage from the 10s onward I don't care what SHart/SCabies has to say on the matter

Macbooks have had their issues but I'd roll the dice with one of those any day

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

FreeMars posted:

Hey goons, my wife needs a work laptop that can stream video. Any good recommendations from the 'Sco?

Most machines in that price range are all going to be similar in specs and quality. I think if you just need a machine to stream video, just about anything is fine, but I wouldn't expect much in that price range to be a long lasting machine. Like others said, if you can swing the budget, the base Macbook Air is a fantastic machine, as long as you can handle the compromises on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

yea the issue with windows laptops (any of them) is the trackpad is just SO much worse than any apple laptop, and since you will use it basically all the time, it's just a permanent frustration