Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's also just speculation as far as I've seen

edit: the idea of the Briscoes not being able to be put on Turner tv, for the new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
The Miz is the most boring wrestler in every way, but technically the wrestling he does is fine

Dalton Castle is way better

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dalton by himself is perfectly ok. Sometimes great. But Dalton plus the OG Boys on another level. The BotB match was a all timer for Dalton's greatest matches.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

El Generico posted:

The Miz is the most boring wrestler in every way, but technically the wrestling he does is fine

Dalton Castle is way better

technically the miz is awful. some of the most consistently bad offense ive ever seen. hosed up that this guy has been on national tv for 15 years and his work still looks like it does.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

The first Miz match against Bryan Danielson was great and funny because Bryan lead him into doing spots he just never did before and never did again lol

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

The miz and his one dragon suplex

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can Miz do a Figure Four yet

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The Miz is one of these examples of really wondering how the hell that guy is even at that level while being all around bad. At this point I believe he is Vince's secret son or something.

I still remember when he was sitting next to Punk and Regal while Danielson was on the ring, Miz trying to mock Bryan and Punk/Regal telling him BD was better. And that wasn't a work.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

actually the miz is good, sorry

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I truly did not mean to start a Miz Discourse (a Mizcourse).

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

brian posted:

actually the miz is good, sorry

no

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Hire Miz, and make him RoH champion by making Gresham tap out to the Figure Four, clean as a whistle, in the middle of the ring, in a Pure Rules match, Coward Tony.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/sescoops/status/1524376169898024960?s=21&t=nnQ3Qb4OIx6XEdLQf8Wb9A

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

It could do with some color but it's better than the tribal tattoo-rear end looking logo.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

God that is a boring logo. Looks like the logo for a TV station that will be showing Law & Order repeats

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

rantmo posted:

It could do with some color but it's better than the tribal tattoo-rear end looking logo.

DJZ did the best they could

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

God that is a boring logo. Looks like the logo for a TV station that will be showing Law & Order repeats

https://twitter.com/WilliamRBR/stat...ingawful.com%2F

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
the current logo is fine but i can see why they'd want to reboot it

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Elephant Ambush posted:

the current logo is fine but i can see why they'd want to reboot it

They also have two different logos spread out over different titles; makes sense that they'd want a uniform one.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

That and, y'know, new branding for a new owner.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I assume the grey background in the logo will be red in the final

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Dacap posted:

I assume the grey background in the logo will be red in the final

It they stick to that, it looks like the background shape will be two colors.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Probably just a gradient to imply 3d.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It looks like a hardware store logo.

Need plumbing? Lighting? A fresh coat of paint? Get all your home improvement supplies at ROH!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/sescoops/status/1526585228093005829?s=20&t=nR270QsECu_5SIIIlXPAgA

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

If what talent have been told is the case, Ring of Honor will be back in some capacity sooner than later.

Fightful has been told by AEW talent that the weekend of July 23 is targeted for ROH's return to PPV. As we've heard things so far, they've been told that ROH Death Before Dishonor will take place that weekend from Lowell, Massachusetts.

Jonathan Gresham spoke with Fightful recently and said that ROH would be starting back up soon, and Tony Khan has spoken openly to the media about hoping to reignite the ROH PPV calendar. Death Before Dishonor has been a Summer event for the brand since all the way back in 2003, with shows running in June, July, August and September.

Thus far we don't have an update on the possibility of ROH returning to television. Tony Khan has continued to sign talent to AEW contracts with the intent of using them for the Ring of Honor promotion.

An interesting and possibly connected note was that NJPW quietly changed their Charlotte date from July 24 to July 17.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If you're itching for pre-buyout ROH roster content, Bandido vs Flamita is main eventing MLW Fusion tonight. Just, uh, skip over the nZo match.

I really hope Bandido, Flamita, and Horus all land back in ROH once the dust has settled. They deserve somewhere with an actual budget and hype machine.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Death by Dishonor is going to be real weird if its just all the AEW guys having a PPV with different branding

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they would be ring of honor guys in the ring of honor promotion.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

Death by Dishonor is going to be real weird if its just all the AEW guys having a PPV with different branding

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i imagine that we'll see more of which aew people are earmarked to move to the roh roster like colt + we'll see grisham and other people who haven't shown up in aew since the first ppv again.

i don't think there's going to be many (if any) people that tony specifically waited to sign so that they could get signed directly to roh instead of getting aew paychecks first, but i also just think that the roh/aew stuff has been weird to get heated about -- i've seen people who were genuinely mad at roh stuff showing up in aew at all and i just don't understand it, especially in this time before roh has its own tv time

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
aew and roh are basically the same thing please understand.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i'm hoping they have a different feel once things actually get established but i think 'not using people from aew' is just not going to happen, especially with stuff like samoa joe being announced explicitly as signing a dual aew/roh contract

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Mercedes has not interacted with AEW regulars despite wrestling on all the Darks

Cage is just not on AEW programming

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Death by Dishonor

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Gresham has actually been on every Dynamite but you just don't notice him because short joke.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

MassRafTer posted:

Gresham has actually been on every Dynamite but you just don't notice him because short joke.

That’s alright. People say brevity is the soul of wit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I just hope that RoH and AEW stay away from each other once the new RoH gets going, wait at least a year before you do any crossover.