Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Turns out Homelander was right about Black Noir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

First 3 episodes were great. I can't wait until next week.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Seeing Homelander on the backfoot in the first episode is terrifying. On one hand he's been knocked down a peg, on the other he's about half a second away at all times from ripping the spine out of everyone around him, even moreso than he has been in the past.

edit:
A-Train getting bullied :(

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jun 3, 2022

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

christmas boots posted:

Sure, but if you're gonna kill a Nazi just kill the Nazi. No need to be all Saw about it

Consider this recanted lol

E: I also think it's really funny that despite how much they loathe each other Homelander and Butcher are much closer to each other in a weird way than they are to anyone else

christmas boots fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jun 3, 2022

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
It's nice to see another supe that's not a terrible person.

I'll be sad when Homelander crushes his skull to make Starlight cry

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
LGBTurkey legs

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I am convinced that Karen Fukuhara has the cutest smile on earth

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
It seems Aquafresh is this years product that no one thinks exists anymore.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

tokin opposition posted:

LGBTurkey legs

That whole sequence was a bunch of great sight gags.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

In ep3 when Frenchie was talking upclose to Nina in the store, was it just me or was it really obvious that the shot was composited from 2 different takes? The lighting on each of them was really different. I guess it makes sense with COVID but it was still jarring to see.

Also :rip: Timothy

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Huh, I wasn't expecting (comic spoilers) that this version of Black Noir wasn't a clone of Homelander.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

As Nero Danced posted:

Yeah, it's nice that they gave her a short moment where she could use her vocals.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Just finished the first episode. All I can say is :stonk:

This is gonna be one hell of a season.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I'm going to bet The Boys and Stranger Things did not coordinate on having "Dream A Little Dream Of Me" as a recurring musical motif in their latest season.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

That's a...way to start the 3rd season.

The VR-15 bit with Gunpowder was a bit on the nose with recent events, then Homeland her to go and make the Deep eat Timothy while the Deep's wife looked on with glee. Well done the Boys, you've leveled up.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

As Nero Danced posted:

yes :3:

also fuckin lol at the contras being massacred by the incompetent supes, the writers know who the real bad guys were

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Ninurta posted:

That's a...way to start the 3rd season.

The VR-15 bit with Gunpowder was a bit on the nose with recent events, then Homeland her to go and make the Deep eat Timothy while the Deep's wife looked on with glee. Well done the Boys, you've leveled up.

watching the dinner scene right now, this is awful.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Who was Timothy praying to?

Chemtrailologist fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jun 3, 2022

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The pee hole spelunking and subsequent exploding was a bit much.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I'd appreciate the boys going full c-spam if it wasn't on loving amazon. really shouldn't be throwing any poo poo about woke capitalism

also, I'd like to confirm something. When A-train is talking to his brother after the redesign meeting, he says that he's "got no dick". Is this meant as a transphobic outburst from him?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

tokin opposition posted:

also, I'd like to confirm something. When A-train is talking to his brother after the redesign meeting, he says that he's "got no dick". Is this meant as a transphobic outburst from him?

That’s not his brother, that’s one of the Vought staff who slept with an ice powered superhero in season one who froze his dick off

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

oh well poo poo. i'm dumb

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

also appreciate that they made The Only Man In The Sky bit even more hosed up than the comic

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
mm's ex-wife's boyfriend soyfacing at the tv at the end of episode 2 was perfect lol

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

hell yea that guy fuckin sucks so much, it’s great

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Wheeee posted:

also appreciate that they made The Only Man In The Sky bit even more hosed up than the comic

Yeah, I have to admit I'm glad they're taking a completely different tack than the comic, it's nice to not know what's coming.

They're doing everything right (so far), which is refreshing after the colossal goat gently caress that was Preacher.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Homelander is headed towards peak lunacy this season.

I mean, goddamn.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Timothy :(

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
So it's going to turn out that Soldier Boy defected to the USSR and there is no "weapon", right? Just feels like that's where it's going.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I doubt that. Soldier Boy didn't look or sound like someone having the kind of existential crisis that would require.

My hunch is that they're setting up his return and struggle for the limelight with Homelander as a commentary on the Republican party, and Trump specifically. They both have the same base, the question is going to be whether that base wants a traditional xenophobic racist who is polite enough to dogwhistle or an unhinged xenophobic racist, animated by cruelty who "tells it like it is." It's the latter.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jun 3, 2022

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

"Hamburgers......with doughnuts for buns. Truly there is no God here."

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Speculation: The Crimson Countess betrayed Soldier Boy and has something to do with the weapon that disabled him. She's pissed off at him for his womanizing, and we conveniently only get the information on what happened to Soldier Boy from her. It's possible she was working for the Russians or she outright killed him and blamed the Russians.

I think even her exploding a person dressed as Homelander is a nod to it. She may simply herself be the weapon. I missed the codename for the weapon, but I thought in the moment it was a clue too.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Speculation: The Crimson Countess betrayed Soldier Boy and has something to do with the weapon that disabled him. She's pissed off at him for his womanizing, and we conveniently only get the information on what happened to Soldier Boy from her. It's possible she was working for the Russians or she outright killed him and blamed the Russians.

I think even her exploding a person dressed as Homelander is a nod to it. She may simply herself be the weapon. I missed the codename for the weapon, but I thought in the moment it was a clue too.

The code name used the word red I believe

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Twigand Berries posted:

The code name used the word red I believe

I thought that too, but then the orphanage where Nadia came from was Red River, so I thought maybe I was misremembering. Yeah, lots of things pointing to Crimson Countess so far

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

PostNouveau posted:

I don't think she killed him, she probably did sell him out though. It was the height of the Cold War, the Russians probably wanted to make their own supes and couldn't get ahold of any V.
Big fan of the side effects for the temp superpowers though. That's a way to keep people from wanting to take it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
When they had butcher have to head to the bathroom to be horrendously ill, I honestly thought there would be a moment where he stared into the toilet and goes "Why the gently caress is it blue?" as a nod to the comic.

I dunno if I'm happy or not about that.

Still, I love there is absolutely no goddamn idea of what's going to happen next in the season.

Only annoying part to me is they changed the head popper's powers a lil bit. Apparently her eyes do go white when she pops something but if they are closed/blocked she can't, which means all the times she was seen in the hearing blasting heads she should have had white eyes.

One thing I didn't catch immediately was that the teleporting kid from the orphanage was the baby from season 1. Homelander didn't save him, the lil dude just ported out.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

So are they ever gonna touch back on that asylum for super children that lamplighter worked at? the girl with the shaved head has to have hitchhiked somewhere by now. it's been a year.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

So are they ever gonna touch back on that asylum for super children that lamplighter worked at? the girl with the shaved head has to have hitchhiked somewhere by now. it's been a year.

Kripke did an interview where he said they're not dealing with that plot this season.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I love Frenchie calling Butcher "Monsieur Charcutier"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I really wish the second episode didn't feel the need to underline so many points in really obvious ways.

E.g.

Dude in audience: "Your Nazi bitch died!"
Ashely: "Did he just say 'Your Nazi bitch died!?'"

or

*camera has a focused shot of a burger made out of doughnuts*
Frenchie: "A burger made out of doughnuts!?"

And there were a handful of other cases too.

There were better ways of reinforcing information than having characters parrot back already communicating information at us IMO. Not great.

But otherwise, yeah, I'm more invested in this season than the last.