Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Comrade Fakename posted:

Bad news lads, synthwave is now officially over:
Lots of good symbolism in that video besides the music too.

e: There are 8 furlongs in a mile, pints in a gallon, and pounds in a clove of cheese, vital to remember this for shopping from now on.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jun 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Senior Economist journalist Helen Joyce going full mask off here. Caution, this clip is genuinely disturbing.

https://twitter.com/joss_prior/status/1532431478461804544?s=21&t=kfB0S6r6YYCwBRClI0WF-A

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I for one quite enjoy being a huge problem and a difficulty to this person's definition of a sane world

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
A large immotile gamete walks into a promotional offer.

I guess in a 'sane world' the theme restaurant would be fondling men's ballbags before giving them a free beer?

(I mean there are pubs like that but it's a very different theme.)

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

The Question IRL posted:

They are calling themselves the "Bad Law Project."

This is like when Magneto named his group The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants*. You are doing a bad job of branding.

* = One if my favourite parts about this is in Marvel Universe the problem members had with the name was that it was called Brotherhood, and thus didn't feel inclusive enough.
They didn't seem to mind the Evil Mutants part.

Reminds me of a time back in my relative youth when, out after work in my work suit somewhere in Camden where you could get large jugs of cocktails for £5, drunk as a skunk, went to the ATM to get some cash. A black guy pushed in front of me. "Fascist pig" I shouted after him in my drunken state. "What did you call me?" he said. "Fascist pig" I replied. "Oh" he said, "That's ok".

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

She is absolutely right though, everyone who transitions and ends up happy, better off for it, renders their "sane world" an ever more obvious farce. Their whole worldview is completely dependent on hegemony, not allowing any other way of being, not allowing people the words and framework to even conceptualize an alternative.

The way they think of themselves as being in the right is utterly infuriating but they are correctly perceiving the state of reality in that the more people have space to be themselves and be happy and find other people who are accepting of them, the less hope there is for the terf brigade. I just hope I live to see the day when they are shattered and their dreams lie in ash and ruin around them. Because gently caress me they deserve it a thousandfold.

It's a clear admission that their ideology simply cannot handle reality, that they need reality to be different in order to continue to think that way.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

She is absolutely right though, everyone who transitions and ends up happy, better off for it, renders their "sane world" an ever more obvious farce. Their whole worldview is completely dependent on hegemony, not allowing any other way of being, not allowing people the words and framework to even conceptualize an alternative.
It's almost as if their ideology rejects modernity and embraces tradition, and is willing to unperson anyone who challenges it.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
It seems apt that JK is in the news again for trying to deny people the right of way across public routes over land she manages. Just common plebs after all, unpersons Indeed

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/lolwestinghouse/status/1532694733335699461

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
PLATTEH JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :britain::holy:

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Comrade Fakename posted:

Bad news lads, synthwave is now officially over:

Eh it's fine, we took everything good from synthwave and incorporated it into future bass 2.1 and hyperpop during COVID. Synthwave is now the tank controls of music.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

PLATTEH JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :britain::holy:

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Well, that clip is open admittance they want to seize power without public support to eliminate groups they find offensive in the pursuit of an idealized world that never existed, because the people they loathe are a "burden" according to them.

... at what point is it okay to say they don't just sound like a nazi, they are a nazi?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
How many steps away is that from going full Aktion T4 on disabled people because we'll never be healthy?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

endlessmonotony posted:

Well, that clip is open admittance they want to seize power without public support to eliminate groups they find offensive in the pursuit of an idealized world that never existed, because the people they loathe are a "burden" according to them.

... at what point is it okay to say they don't just sound like a nazi, they are a nazi?

it's exactly the kind of "institutional capture" they claim the Evil Trans Lobby is doing, but it's ok because they're doing it and they must be right

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Went for a walk on the common and there was barely anyone out for the Joobs. Barely a single shred of bunting. Shameful.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

https://twitter.com/LeGateauChoc/status/1532115526843088896?t=VnXvHBFfOk8GL5JIooQ8aw&s=19

Good morning to comrade Stacey Solomon and comrade Stacey Solomon only.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Angepain posted:

it's exactly the kind of "institutional capture" they claim the Evil Trans Lobby is doing, but it's ok because they're doing it and they must be right

"Of course they accuse everyone of wanting to do it, it's what they would do if they could."

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Bing bong the queen is gone

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Bobby Deluxe posted:

https://twitter.com/LeGateauChoc/status/1532115526843088896?t=VnXvHBFfOk8GL5JIooQ8aw&s=19

lmao

The queen isn't as rich as, say, Elon Musk, so its already established that people are allowed to be richer than the queen. So why dont we just have lots more people be richer than the queen. Like she can still be the queen and work really hard and all that, but she just gets the average pension or whatever everyone else gets.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

"They don't pay for all the houses..." "...just a few?" great stuff

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

"She works hard" doing what? I always hear it but I never get an answer. Doing what?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Gonzo McFee posted:

"She works hard" doing what? I always hear it but I never get an answer. Doing what?

She basically just had a busy social calendar and hasn't even done that for a few decades.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Intense concentration required at all times to maintain the mystical legal authority of the UK government.

It's called powering the astrononcicon.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
She probably has to work hard when she forces out a poo

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Gonzo McFee posted:

Responsibility.

I will not be elaborating on this.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

She probably has to work hard when she forces out a poo

I'm sure she has a Royal manual evacuator for that

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That's how Charles's fingers ended up infected.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Head of State
As Head of State, the Queen goes on official State visits abroad. She also invites other world leaders to come to the United Kingdom. During their visit, Heads of State usually stay at Buckingham Palace, or sometimes at Windsor Castle Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh.
Head of the Armed Forces
The Queen is also the Head of the Armed Forces. She is the only person who can declare when the country is at war and when war is over, although she must take advice from her government first.
Head of the Church of England
The Queen is Head of the Church of England - a position that all British monarchs have held since it was founded by Henry VIII in the 1530s.
The Queen appoints archbishops and bishops on the advice of the Prime Minister.
The spiritual leader of the Church of England is the Archbishop of Canterbury.
Government Duties
Every day 'red boxes' are delivered to the Queen's desk full of documents and reports from the government ministers and Commonwealth officials. They must all be read and, if necessary, signed by the Queen.
Represents the Nation
The Queen represents the nation at times of great celebration or sorrow. One example of this is Remembrance Day ceremony at the Cenotaph monument in Whitehall. The Queen lays a wreath there each year to honour the members of the armed forces who have died fighting for their country.
Royal Garden Parties
At least three Royal Garden Parties are held at Buckingham Palace each year and about 8,000 guests attend each one
Visits
Alongside her other duties the Queen spends a huge amount of time travelling around the country visiting hospitals, schools, factories and other places and organisations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
And imagine all those horrifying displays of little kiddies' dancing and singing off tune that she has to endure with a smile.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Alongside her other duties the Queen spends a huge amount of time travelling around the country visiting hospitals, schools, factories and other places and organisations.

Huh, when I do that they call me a vagrant

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

lmao

The queen isn't as rich as, say, Elon Musk

lmao

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
she has had to work hard to keep from the public a secret concealed by the royal family for decades. mountbatten, diana and many nameless souls privy to the private lives of the royals have paid the ultimate price for threatening to reveal their darkest of secrets, whether through carelessness, righteousness or blackmail. the royals would lose all legitimacy in a stroke should that secret ever be learned

they all have thick mackem accents

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Anyone talking poo poo about the queen is a fascist who wants an unelectable dictator to run the country instead of are god designated monarch

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Feeling pleased with myself because I got my grandmother's singer 28k running again.

No idea what I'm going to actually do with it but it stitches straight and feels very pleasing to operate. Just have no idea how to actually sew.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/coldwarsteve/status/1532697573152198656

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
That Loose Women clip is a few years old. https://youtu.be/Dbpz-ts74ec is the whole clip. I only recognise it because I was looking for a clip to show my form to start a 'why do we have a royal family' discussion.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

OwlFancier posted:

Feeling pleased with myself because I got my grandmother's singer 28k running again.

No idea what I'm going to actually do with it but it stitches straight and feels very pleasing to operate. Just have no idea how to actually sew.

Always current sleeve into piece being sewn, then unstitched, then through again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i've never understood the concept of that show: what exactly is it about the women that is loose