Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

flavor.flv posted:

At the end of the clavicus vile quest you can either kill barnabus to send his spirit back to his master and get a reward, or keep him alive and get an immortal dog companion

I thought I was getting a great deal. An hour later I was desperately looking for an old save to reload and take the other option

I thought you got him as a companion by ignoring the quest and just playing the rest of the game, there doesn't seem to be a way to end the quest and still have access to him either way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I may be misremembering. What I remember clearly is wanting that loving dog to die

He doesn't even talk outside of quest-related cutscenes

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

flavor.flv posted:

I may be misremembering. What I remember clearly is wanting that loving dog to die

He doesn't even talk outside of quest-related cutscenes

He says "bark bark" but it's subtitled as "woof".

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Perestroika posted:

I've been playing the new Sniper Elite, and after saving and reloading at exactly the wrong time, I ended up with a dead Nazi's body permanently affixed to my shoulder. Still counted as an actual corpse, too, so I'd have enemies occasionally spot it and come to investigate before they actually noticed me.

https://i.imgur.com/5FNvD4J.mp4

I've managed to replicate this by loading an autosave that popped while putting a body in a box. Not even a manual save!

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Philippe posted:

yeah that's just a dog

There's a fun story about Fable 2 and a glitch with the dog AI that made it into the final release. It had some pathfinding issues and would sometimes just run in circles because it couldn't get to a specific point, and the devs knew about it but didn't fix it because they figured "well sometimes dogs just do that" and none of the testers ever reported it as a bug.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

And I bet they put "immersive pet AI" on the box as a selling point.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Well, it worked for The Last Guardian :shrug:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Did it, though? The only two things I know about that game is that it took forever to release, and it's a nightmare to play because the core mechanic has its own ideas about what it should be doing. It exists in the same brain spaces as Duke Nukem Forever and the Box Fox costume from Balan Wonderworld.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Everything I have seen about Balan Wonderworld feels like a space alien tried to make a sequel to a PS1 era 3d platformer.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It was a Sega Saturn 3d platformer, thank you very much

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

The Last Guardian was amazing and Trico is my friend

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Last Guardian was a functional game and Trico doing weird animal things was very rarely a detriment unlike the fox box

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The biggest problem with Trico was that he took a very long time to do anything, so you had to stop and wait for a moment before you could figure out whether he was doing the right thing or not. And if he wasn't it would take even more time to cancel what he was doing, move into position for the right thing, and start doing it. This could be incredibly annoying, especially early on, with puzzles where he had to do a certain thing for you to proceed and he failed to recognize a couple of times in a row

It's also tweaked deliberately over the course of the game so later on you can "build a rapport" by noticing he responds faster and more often correctly to commands and situations

The game was forgiven for this because it was also beautiful and emotionally stirring once you got past that, unlike DNF and Balan Wonderworld

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Dabir posted:

Did it, though? The only two things I know about that game is that it took forever to release, and it's a nightmare to play because the core mechanic has its own ideas about what it should be doing. It exists in the same brain spaces as Duke Nukem Forever and the Box Fox costume from Balan Wonderworld.

TLG is absolutely fine if you just buy into the conceit that Trico is a real animal and treat it accordingly. If you go into the game expecting it to be some kind of surrogate controllable character you're not going to have a good time.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Reive posted:

The full vid is amazing, serana just takes over any other npcs routines for no reason
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyx0Jis-b0Q

That was 16 minutes - and worth every second.

God, I miss playing Bethesda games. One day they'll make another one that catches my interest.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Reive posted:

The full vid is amazing, serana just takes over any other npcs routines for no reason
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyx0Jis-b0Q

is that a mod or a special version? idk what version i have but she always just hangs back and uses raise dead on the people i kill before i can get my arrows back

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

If I recall it's the Switch version.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

There is nothing to say about it that hasn't already been said but I loving love Balan Wonderwall man. I love that a finished product from experienced developers can contain the most obviously wrongheaded poo poo imaginable. Things that even a child would understand are stupid.

It fills me with hope somehow. Like, things haven't yet been homogenized to the point that they can't still gently caress up massively.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Stare-Out posted:

If I recall it's the Switch version.

wtf this is approaching doom levels of "will it run?"

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I own Skyrim on Switch, PS4, and PC and yet have never played it. I'm part of the problem.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Marcade posted:

I own Skyrim on Switch, PS4, and PC and yet have never played it. I'm part of the problem.

I own multiple versions of it for PC and the only time I've ever actually played it was before I bought it the first time, I had a :filez: version.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/0rxAYa0.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

[voiceover monologue] They say sometimes you're dead...but you just don't know it yet.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Guy took buckshot to the noggin, realistic if you ask me.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
(sorry about the low quality, I don't know how to video edit :( )

I'm playing Carmageddon: Max Damage and was trying out this stupid Trump mod that came with it which like every single bit of humor in this game dates it and doesn't hold up... but anyway, was looking at the replay and noticed for the first time that sometimes your driver can be ejected through the windshield... and then proceeds to ghostly try to get back into your vehicle, even if you respawn several times. It also seems to have a max speed.

I know it's janky. The camera is awful to use with a controller but somehow worse with a mouse.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/vYFPNym.mp4

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Poor Freckles, thought about ants and slide.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Call me crazy but I think there might be a problem with my RE4 HD Project installation

https://i.imgur.com/xxsGIfF.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Basticle posted:

Call me crazy but I think there might be a problem with my RE4 HD Project installation

:laffo:

Let's trade computers, I want that installation.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I guess guns really do kill people.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Marcade posted:

I guess guns really do kill people.

No, sunglasses kill people :rant:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Basticle posted:

Its the invisible woman from Hotel Transylvania.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Haystack posted:

No, sunglasses kill people :rant:

No, those sunglasses are a nonlethal flashbang

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Basticle posted:

What it's just Leon fighting a ghost, looks perfectly fine for RE

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I don't get it.

Is the glitch because the ghost's gun goes into dude's back a little?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Basticle posted:

I'm not seeing the problem here. :v:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
You just got the special "Memoirs of an Invisible Man" edition

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
From my current addiction, world of warships:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/v9w8ip/ah_marvellous_german_engineering/

quote:

264,663,963,330.5 knots in reverse, or approximately 454.16 times the speed of light.

Space Pocket Battleship Graf Spee?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

That's about 45 times the speed of light, nice. Assuming you can only do this in reverse, though, you'll probably want to install a backup camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

wasn't there a movie where a ship went through a wormhole or something...cocoon or maybe millennium