Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Jack Trades posted:

My blind boy is asleep with his eyes open. Didn't even react to the camera flash.

This is both hilarious and terrifying. So many times I see my rats lying dead still with their eyes open and I have to poke them awake to make sure they aren't dead. And then they get mad at me for waking them up. Sorry, babies!

Anyway, here's a rat tax:

One of them is Goonie and one is Ratpunzel. I can't tell which

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Jaded Burnout posted:

My clothes are still full of holes, I assume they would also chew holes if they got onto your bed or whatever? I have a hoodie which I had effectively donated to them and I only keep it now as some avant garde fashion since it's the very definition of "ratty".

In slightly less fun topics, I frequently dream that actually I still have rats, but for some reason I have a LOT of them and they've been neglected and/or malnourished and also breeding and now I have to wrangle like two dozen sick rats. Yikes. Like "oh this cage actually isn't empty at all it's FULL OF NEGLECTED RATS YOU'VE NOT FED THEM FOR TWO YEARS"

It's the pet person version of the "having to attend the final for a class you didn't remember you were registered for" dream.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Jaded Burnout posted:

In slightly less fun topics, I frequently dream that actually I still have rats, but for some reason I have a LOT of them and they've been neglected and/or malnourished and also breeding and now I have to wrangle like two dozen sick rats. Yikes. Like "oh this cage actually isn't empty at all it's FULL OF NEGLECTED RATS YOU'VE NOT FED THEM FOR TWO YEARS"

I also have this dream.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Same. Don't have rats any more but have had that dream three or four times

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I've had that dream several times and I wake up real upset every time. It sucks.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Fascinating!

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

I've had that dream several times, but the recurring rat dream I find more upsetting is the one where somehow I know one of my past rats, buried in the yard, is somehow still alive but suffocating in their grave. That one really sucks.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

In happier news, meet Theno (white) and Ryale (white-grey, pronounced "Riley"), the starting members of my latest mischief. Here, they're exploring a cardboard play castle I made for them. They were a bit over six weeks old when I took the photos, about seven weeks old now.

They were very timid at first, but have really come around in the past few days. They know food from me is safe, and they like me enough to give me kisses on occasion. They still don't like coming out of the cage too much, possibly because they have yet to figure out how to get from the couch to the floor. For now, I'm content not to rush and just let them figure that one out on their own.

(This one caught Theno mid-sneeze lol)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Lil cuties. :3:

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Adorable

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I miss my rats.

But I'll never have my rats again, y'know?

So I'm happy I get to see all of your rats in here. :unsmith:

Give them a yogie for me.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

they look lovely!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Rat castle is such a good idea!

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

You can get these die cut panels that slot together out of cardboard and make lil explore zones, real cheap. They’re a bit small for a full size rat but for younguns they’d be perfect.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Jack Trades posted:

My friend has mixed females and neutered males and it seems to work out fine. I haven't heard it causing any problems.

I wanted to circle back to this. I did end up picking up two girls who are just as laid back as my boy but have done wonders for him. All 3 were housed together until the girls were spayed last Thursday. Everyone is very ready to be in the same cage again it seems.

This is after coming home from surgery.

This is with their adopted brother.

Xeras fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 14, 2022

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://twitter.com/GuerrillaCollec/status/1489617766239903749
https://twitter.com/aratslifegame/status/1525841664270557188

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

Look, my steam wish list is already way too long, I can't... I mean, it's getting ridiculous...

Oh, fine. I guess there's not much difference between a 281-item wish list, and a 282-item one.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Falstaff posted:

Look, my steam wish list is already way too long, I can't... I mean, it's getting ridiculous...

Oh, fine. I guess there's not much difference between a 281-item wish list, and a 282-item one.

In fact the more games you buy, the less of a difference it'll be next time!

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

https://twitter.com/pradapacino/status/1516673944010383361

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

Do they get along? Your rat seems less than impressed.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
They touched noses. We were just dog-sitting for a couple days.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I accidentally bought a rat toilet that was way too small, installed it anyway on a lark

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
rat potty

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

crapuscular

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I don't fits, but I shits.

Animal-Mother fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 19, 2022

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Can someone help me find a pair of female rats for my daughter? It's her first time taking care of them and we're both having a hell of a time finding a rat breeder local to our area. She doesn't want to buy from pet stores like PetSmart or Petco. We found one called Moon Rabbit Farms but afaik they closed up since there's nothing new on their website and their facebook is deleted. There's some near Atlanta, GA and we have friends that live down there that we visit so we could do that too though it'd have to be the weekend because my wife and I work 9-5 jobs.

We're having a hell of a time finding anything and it's getting really depressing/frustrating. I live in Chattanooga, TN.

gyrf
Aug 14, 2010
[Edit: Posted the one you said was closed.]

You could check https://www.ratforum.com, they have a thread for rats needing rehoming and probably more breeder info.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
spending some time with my pet rats

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

One of my rats is blind and he has some spooky eyes when the light hits them right.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Those eyes betray a deep, deep hunger...

..for yogies. :drac:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Scholtz posted:

Those eyes betray a deep, deep hunger...

..for yogies. :drac:

He has deep hunger for literally anything edible.
He was a 850g fatass and he's been on a diet for a while now.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Either I got real lucky with my rats or the way I initially fed them set good standards, because they never overate. I’d just keep their bowl topped up and they’d just eat what they needed.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jaded Burnout posted:

Either I got real lucky with my rats or the way I initially fed them set good standards, because they never overate. I’d just keep their bowl topped up and they’d just eat what they needed.

I did the same thing with all my other rats and there was never any problems before either, it's just that this one boy was re-homed to me from a negligent owner and he probably has an eating disorder.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

it's just that this one boy was re-homed to me from a negligent owner and he probably has an eating disorder.

Yeah but now you're done talking about me, what about your rat

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy
One of my Monsieur, Commandant Popotin (Commander Booty).

https://imgur.com/a/V6BWko4

(Sorry, don't know how to embed imgur video on cellphone app)

ShiroTheSniper fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Aug 6, 2022

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Gosh that's a happy rat

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Pretty ratty.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

https://twitter.com/mischiefanimals/status/1556947082338078721

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I gotta say, I'm a big fan of this one (warning for bird violence)
https://twitter.com/mischiefanimals/status/1557420398333018117