Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

random construction noises always remind me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nqWNZl3Ou4

E: an eXtremely goofy snype

Heather Papps fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 3, 2022

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

B33rChiller posted:

Oh, and to reply to your mention of my caring for the snails: They're more livestock than pet. When they lay a clutch of eggs, it's like 200 of the suckers at once, if they hatch. So I end up with a bunch of tiny, super fast growing snails, that quickly end up overwhelming the filtration on the tank I have them in, so I end up having to cull a bunch as they grow.
The plan was to have a pile of them doing their thing for the summer in the patio pond, then have a harvest / feast in the fall.

Oh, uh, the point I skipped was that mystery snails were first introduced to the market as a food fish, rather than aquarium pets.

I hope to be able to have enough grown out to cook up a batch of Ginataang Kuhol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsHk5BUSOIE

a group of like 6 Yoyo loaches should keep them in check (they need a group, and no they will not breed in captivity). If you use sand as your substrate the snails will dig in and home there and the loaches will go hunting. They wont be able to kill the largest, if the snails get out of hand you can scoop up the largest snails and crush them as a snack for your watery friends. They love eating crushed snail they didn't have to suck out of the shell themselves. Do not let snails breed uncontrolled they will take over the entire tank and make a terrible smelly mess.

If you do crush the large ones and throw them back into a community tank lots of other fish will snack on the too that normally couldn't attack a snail. This is because you have a pest snail. Don't use Apple snails or other cool ones as food.

sig by owlhawk911

cruft

Friends,

I am pleased to announce that my rear end is now gluten free! So I invite all of you, even those with celiac disease, to bite my rear end!

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

cruft posted:

Friends,

I am pleased to announce that my rear end is now gluten free! So I invite all of you, even those with celiac disease, to bite my rear end!

Am I allowed to drink water with gluten powder prior to the rear end biting?

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
cruft

nesamdoom posted:

Am I allowed to drink water with gluten powder prior to the rear end biting?

Wouldn't that just be dough?

I mean, yeah, feel free to eat as much dough as you like. Lest we forget, dough is just bread that hasn't actualized its potential. And we all know where BYOB stands on bread!

pixaal

But the fluffy air is the best part of the bread, so not baking it is denying that amazing texture

sig by owlhawk911

cruft

pixaal posted:

But the fluffy air is the best part of the bread, so not baking it is denying that amazing texture

Oh sure, no doubt, but I think there's something to be said for freebasing cookie dough, and if we're going to allow that, why not just plain dough too?

Finger Prince

It's amazing how quickly property management can arrange for a contractor when you threaten to finish the job yourself. Whoa we don't want any of that, how are we supposed to suckle the insurance teat dry if you do the work for nothing?

Finger Prince

Hey do you think centaurs have a horse's digestive system, and if so, do the man parts just have to eat a ton of grass? Does the human head have special molars for grinding up all that plant matter? And if they have human digestive systems, what's filling in all that space in the horse half?

Finger Prince

Maybe as magical beings, they don't eat, but would they still have internal organs designed for eating though?

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Finger Prince posted:

Maybe as magical beings, they don't eat, but would they still have internal organs designed for eating though?

Canonically I think centaurs like to hunt, but maybe they just do it for fun and don’t eat the meat?

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

pixaal

They actually have both, well either or, depending on what they ended up with when created. You see all centaurs are sterile and created via magical means. The process can be... messy They don't like to talk about it with outsiders unless they are volunteering to become a centaur too.

sig by owlhawk911

Finger Prince

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Canonically I think centaurs like to hunt, but maybe they just do it for fun and don’t eat the meat?

They do strike me as sport hunters. They probably hunt themselves, since the top half is predator animal and the bottom half is prey animal.

Heather Papps

hello friend

one centaur, weeping over a human they've just killed, while another weeps for the horse

alnilam

Thinkin bout a centaur with unicorn horn and pegasus wings... all the mythical horse things in one

pixaal

Heather Papps posted:

one centaur, weeping over a human they've just killed, while another weeps for the horse

Now I'm thinking about a centaur setup like catdog The horse head is the butt in my head for some reason

sig by owlhawk911

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
The left half is human; the right half is horse.

Prof. Crocodile

alnilam posted:

Thinkin bout a centaur with unicorn horn and pegasus wings... all the mythical horse things in one

that’s my old roommate Reggie. he’s an okay guy but he always wants to bum a cigarette even though he says he quit. it’s like dude you smoke more than I do lol.

Khanstant

Manifisto

well I guess I should be secretly grateful that TJ's discontinued the indian garlic pickle I like, as this motivated me to head out to Queens for Indian ingredients (to Patel Brothers, a big ol' supermarket of Indian stuff). I got quite a haul!

• not one, not two, but three different varieties of garlic pickle
  • mango pickle
  • lime pickle
  • mixed pickle
  • frozen shredded coconut
  • frozen naan
  • frozen vegetable parathas
  • fresh garlic
  • fresh ginger
  • fresh thai eggplant
  • fresh zucchini
  • fresh curry leaves
  • spicy dried mango slices
  • a big ol' plug of jaggery (unrefined sugar)
  • kashmiri chili powder
  • dried chilies
  • ground turmeric
  • mustard seeds
  • nigella seeds
  • fenugreek seeds
  • black salt
  • urad dal (lentils)
  • masoor dal (different lentils)
  • punjabi mix snacks

the total price tag was ridiculously low for what all I got. with what I already have, that should be enough to make my own garlic pickle to compare against the premade varieties! my one regret is that I was headed out the door I saw they had a chaat kit for pani puri, I'll have to pick that up next time . . .

e:

I love him

ty nesamdoom!

Heather Papps

hello friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZlYGN5W2Yg

Farecoal

There he go
I'm moving tomorrow. It's not far, but this is the first time where I'M moving and it's not because of my parents. Everything is set up and I have a few people who will help, but I'm still worried. Especially since my new landlord isn't very communicative and hasn't told me the code for the lockbox where the keys for the apartment are!!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Farecoal posted:

I'm moving tomorrow. It's not far, but this is the first time where I'M moving and it's not because of my parents. Everything is set up and I have a few people who will help, but I'm still worried. Especially since my new landlord isn't very communicative and hasn't told me the code for the lockbox where the keys for the apartment are!!

sending powerful unpacking energy in your direction. also worst case scenario breaking into your own place is a bunch of fun because you can't get arrested.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Finger Prince posted:

Hey do you think centaurs have a horse's digestive system, and if so, do the man parts just have to eat a ton of grass? Does the human head have special molars for grinding up all that plant matter? And if they have human digestive systems, what's filling in all that space in the horse half?

This is an amazing question that will ruin random bits of my free time from now on.

I just started Child's Play(original) and at 13 minutes in I've decided the boss at this retail store is worse than the murder doll. Adding hours on her shift when she's saying she has to get her kid from daycare, not letting another employee fill those hours for her, and just generally being a word that I don't get to use as an american. But it's oval office. The dude is a oval office.

Well I avoided that mess.

Pop Rocks are still a thing and I'm still a fan.My son loves them to the point that when he opens his mouth after I give him a packet it sounds like a tube tv on static. I so wish I could borrow an 80s me to hang out with him kuz we would have so much fun.

Addition: She got hit with like an 8 ounce hammer and ran across the room to throw herself out that window.

nesamdoom fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jun 4, 2022

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Heather Papps

hello friend

nesamdoom posted:

Pop Rocks are still a thing and I'm still a fan.My son loves them to the point that when he opens his mouth after I give him a packet it sounds like a tube tv on static. I so wish I could borrow an 80s me to hang out with him kuz we would have so much fun.

if it's any solace at a certain point he'll have the exact same realization about wishing he could meet a younger you. i have had this thought about both my father and my grandfather.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Heather Papps posted:

if it's any solace at a certain point he'll have the exact same realization about wishing he could meet a younger you. i have had this thought about both my father and my grandfather.

I did too actually. I am kinda a weird dude and my dad was. My mum's side knew him a lot and they all say it and my mum has always told me how much I'm like him in either weird little things or like how she was in town and saw me but it just made her think of him when they were teenagers. Haha, if i got to be a teen and hang out with my dad tho I'd prob have got maced by my grandpa and taken to jail too. There is a pretty funny story to that and I'd not hate to have gotten in on it.

Heather Papps

hello friend

my family is like this: i'm the oldest, and then my sister, and then my brother. i feel pretty strongly i'm a 50/50 split of my parents. a little bit of autism from my dad and a little bit of emotional instability from my mom. my brother is mini dad, and my sister is mini mom. it's interesting being an adult and seeing how we all relate to each other, and how my dad seems to understand my sister, my mom seems to understand my brother, but no one really understands me. i don't really mind, i feel like i got the best of both sides but i'm also kind of bipolar and almost a ward of the state, so

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Heather Papps posted:

my family is like this: i'm the oldest, and then my sister, and then my brother. i feel pretty strongly i'm a 50/50 split of my parents. a little bit of autism from my dad and a little bit of emotional instability from my mom. my brother is mini dad, and my sister is mini mom. it's interesting being an adult and seeing how we all relate to each other, and how my dad seems to understand my sister, my mom seems to understand my brother, but no one really understands me. i don't really mind, i feel like i got the best of both sides but i'm also kind of bipolar and almost a ward of the state, so

My older brother was spawned from someone other than my dad before my mum moved back to the spot and ended up with my dad again. Our dad was there when we were both born and my brother got 3 and half years more before i was born with him. It's kinda a funny nature/nurture thing because he's spent more time with our dad than me but I'm biologically decended. We both have similarities tho. In all honesty the only people I've ever really been sure about anything with are my dad, my brother, and my son.

I'm at least 80% my dad(I went to the town and went to the bar to ask if they knew where my dad lived and was told his adress and apartment number without saying either my name or his) and my brother agrees that I'm so much like him. My daughter has mostly been very much like me in looks and thought so it was funny to see my cousin see a photo of her for the first time at my dad's funeral and compare the same things to me that I share with my dad.

It's also kinda funny comparatively that I think I got Asperger's from my dad and anxiety from my mum. Maybe you got the best perspective out of all of it. Being able to understand the dynamics of familial interpersonal relations is a trick itself.

I've been around my mum most my life but she doesn't understand me at all. My wife does and we were only together for like 4 years.

Heather Papps

hello friend

family can be rough, but it is important to try and understand. i spend a lot of time thinking about what is the way humans should live to be happy and healthy because it's a total mystery as to what the ideal circumstances are, but i am pretty sure it involves families staying near to each other and being understanding.

before my siblings had kids i was kind of skeptical about genetics or nature and their influence on kids, but i see so much of my siblings and their partners in their children and my perspective has definitely shifted.

i'm feeling that bio clock. gotta find a partner asap. that netflix show about japanese kids doing tasks made an invisible point a half foot out from my forehead thrum with desire to create new life.

cruft

Pega-Centaur-icorns aint' got nothin' on the push-me-pull-you

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

I had one before I was ready and did what I could to be good at it and then made an active choice to make one later in life. Both are pretty cool. I def see the close range view of seeing nieces and nephews. I've a bunch of both and they are all pretty cool people that have different mixes of their parents, but I can tell the mix with the ones I actually know the mums.

That netflix show pretty badly gave me anxiety. I can barely trust my boy to follow me down the sidewalk and the idea of him being out of sight just scares me.

I def agree on the family closeness. I got some I don't really talk to and some I've not really ever been around, but time around people doesn't matter much when I know I can call someone up and they will help me or talk when my head is gently caress'd. I've barely seen my brother in the last 20 years but his wife and him both do a lot for us and we video chat a bunch now and I talk to nieces and a nephew I haven't met yet. I got family in the city with me I can't even get to answer the phone and just chat while I walk to the store. I have friends that know me better than my mum does. But that's a bit of a thing kuz most my fam doesn't like me. They love me but they don't like me. Then again I got cousins I talk to every year or two and they will call in favors or get me somehow just because we share the connectivity that that side of my family has.

A tip if you wanna have a tiny person: Have clearly set agreement on how to go forward if there are problems with the parents.
It's easy to love a kid and it's not so much to love someone that you choose to make one with. It's not fair to the kid to be created without any say in it and then end up being the rope in some lovely game of tug of war or to be treated like a bomb that nobody wants to be holding at the wrong moment.

Otherwise it's a great thing. Really like how mch kids close to you can be cool is way magnified when it's a person of your own. The amount of poop, vomit, drool, and such that needs dealt with is nothing to waking up and seeing a tiny version of yourself sleeping on your arm. I'd fight a bear to protect most of the people I love, but I'd eat a loving bear alive for my son so that the next bear stupid enough to look at him had to worry and think about it's life choices before it saw me take a bite from it's still beating heart.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

cruft posted:

Pega-Centaur-icorns aint' got nothin' on the push-me-pull-you

As someone that has a tophat and macaw(s) I'd never let my bird(s) sit on my hat. I do not need to clean poo poo off a 250 dollar hat, although it's been chewed a bit by Pony(his name is actually Milo, but it's funny to call him Milo Pony).

cruft

nesamdoom posted:

As someone that has a tophat and macaw(s) I'd never let my bird(s) sit on my hat.

Friend, I couldn't help but notice that you didn't list a push-me-pull-you, and I'm here to tell you that's a shame. I mean a low-down, cryin' shame. Why many's the day I've found myself walking down the street with my push-me-pull-you when some lovely lady just out for a stroll can't help herself and inquires as to the nature of my companion. Or a young gentleman out and about tending to his affairs drops his satchel right on the ground, that's right, I said right on the ground, and with mouth agape wordlessly watches as we parade down the street, that's right, I said parade down the street.

Friend, I've been around the world and I'm here to tell you that there is nothing more satisfying, both from the perspective of a pet owner and from that of a scholar of the biological sciences, than owning a push-me-pull-you. This rare yet docile creature is simple to take care of, and while I will admit does eat double that of a comparably-sized llama or alpaca, requires none, that's right I said none of the cleanup. I think you can see for yourself that this amazing animal is so clean that you can bring it right into the house, that's right, your own push-me-pull-you walking right into your very own living room, without a care in the world for the color of your rugs or the shine on your linoleum floors.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

cruft posted:

Friend, I couldn't help but notice that you didn't list a push-me-pull-you, and I'm here to tell you that's a shame. I mean a low-down, cryin' shame. Why many's the day I've found myself walking down the street with my push-me-pull-you when some lovely lady just out for a stroll can't help herself and inquires as to the nature of my companion. Or a young gentleman out and about tending to his affairs drops his satchel right on the ground, that's right, I said right on the ground, and with mouth agape wordlessly watches as we parade down the street, that's right, I said parade down the street.

Friend, I've been around the world and I'm here to tell you that there is nothing more satisfying, both from the perspective of a pet owner and from that of a scholar of the biological sciences, than owning a push-me-pull-you. This rare yet docile creature is simple to take care of, and while I will admit does eat double that of a comparably-sized llama or alpaca, requires none, that's right I said none of the cleanup. I think you can see for yourself that this amazing animal is so clean that you can bring it right into the house, that's right, your own push-me-pull-you walking right into your very own living room, without a care in the world for the color of your rugs or the shine on your linoleum floors.

My good Sir,
I write to, whole-heartedly, apologize for my lackadaisically reckless posting. The shame I feel is so ingrained in me that I believe it shall be passed upon to my offspring. For generations my lineage will know the dishonor i have brought about and, surely, curse my name for bestowing upon them such burden. I shall live the rest of my days seeing naught but disappointment is the eyes of my son. Never again shall I do such a diservice to my family by posting such drivel.

Shamefully,
nesaMDoom

Finger Prince

My dad had me in his mid 50s. That, as a kid, kind of sucks. I'm in my mid 40s and have no desire to have a kid and poo poo's got to really change for that to change. It's too much to deal with. It's just too much responsibility for me, and I choose no. My carbon footprint is big enough as it is anyway. It's kind of weird too because when I've been around kids they're always clambering on me and clinging to me and all the parents are like "oh you're so good with kids!" and in my head I'm thinking "haha yeah how do I get them off me. Can't they tell this is feigned interest?". I grew up in a small family unit and only saw extended family on the big holidays though. I didn't grow up around other kids or kids of varying ages, so I never learned what to do with them.
I think as long as you're helping life along, whether it's growing plants or keeping aquarium fishes, or feeding birds with your bird feeder, you're furthering the purpose of the universe, and it doesn't have to be your own DNA that you're doing it with. I have thought about getting a cat recently though.

sb hermit

someone is setting off fireworks and they scared the heck out of me. guess it's that time of year

if I had a dog, though, I'd be livid

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Finger Prince posted:

My dad had me in his mid 50s. That, as a kid, kind of sucks. I'm in my mid 40s and have no desire to have a kid and poo poo's got to really change for that to change. It's too much to deal with. It's just too much responsibility for me, and I choose no. My carbon footprint is big enough as it is anyway. It's kind of weird too because when I've been around kids they're always clambering on me and clinging to me and all the parents are like "oh you're so good with kids!" and in my head I'm thinking "haha yeah how do I get them off me. Can't they tell this is feigned interest?". I grew up in a small family unit and only saw extended family on the big holidays though. I didn't grow up around other kids or kids of varying ages, so I never learned what to do with them.
I think as long as you're helping life along, whether it's growing plants or keeping aquarium fishes, or feeding birds with your bird feeder, you're furthering the purpose of the universe, and it doesn't have to be your own DNA that you're doing it with. I have thought about getting a cat recently though.

I kinda hate people so much that I do a good job at being a dad to make kids grow up and not be shitbags like most people seem to be. I kinda thought about it alil, the age thing, before my son was made and I'm gonna be even more old as gently caress by they time he grows up but mid 30s wasn't a terrible time to make a person.

I get ya on the not being interested in other people's kids thing. Most the time I think kids are just small dipshits really and I've seen enough grow up to be full sized dipshits, but a few have been pretty cool people. My stepkids come from a pretty good family and a pretty poo poo one. They came out to be pretty awesome and I like to think that I helped with that.

Babies are fully different, babies friggin love me for some reason and I can't help but give them attention. I have always been great with calming down babies and getting them to laugh and have fun. Having my own was like a huge stress thing though. It's way different feeding a baby a bottle and letting them fall asleep than like actually having to take care of them and worry about all sorts of poo poo.

Cats are dope though and I can't imagine a situation where getting one doesn't improve levels of enjoying being home. Even the cat I used to have cleaning his balls next to me everyday when I got home from work was pretty funny in that he seemed to want me to know he was taking care of things.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

sb hermit posted:

someone is setting off fireworks and they scared the heck out of me. guess it's that time of year

if I had a dog, though, I'd be livid

Lol, bout time I can't tell if someone shot a gun or lit a firework for a few months.

sb hermit

nesamdoom posted:

Lol, bout time I can't tell if someone shot a gun or lit a firework for a few months.

:smith:

I can't really tell. It better not be a drat gun

I've been in boy scouts decades ago but I think the clear report of a rifle is distinct than the kind of muffled sound of a firework

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

sb hermit posted:

:smith:

I can't really tell. It better not be a drat gun

I've been in boy scouts decades ago but I think the clear report of a rifle is distinct than the kind of muffled sound of a firework

Last year I was watching a movie with the window open and heard some pops that I swear sounded like a gun. Went down to the store and when I was coming home there were cops all over with vests and rifles. So turns out I was right. was some people popping shots at each other from cars down the street. The spacing of the pops did a lot for recognition too, like fireworks are timed and stuff and 5-7 in a row spaced awkwardly hit my ears as a trouble situation. Rifles def are a more pronounced thing than handguns and shotguns are almost negligable growing up in the country. I am pretty unhappy bout the gun thing that's going on anymore, but also gently caress fireworks for many reasons. One of which is some friends that don't do well with it after being to warzones and I feel bad for them more than I get pissed off being woke up at 3 am by drunks blowing poo poo up. Still don't like random cracks coming from outside kuz never can really be sure unless i'm outside and get a good audio on it.