Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I'll wait three days to make sure it's stable enough to play and then I'm diving in. "Have fun in a great game" and "have fun in a broken abyss of a game" are both having fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

The ironic thing about VT2 at launch was you didn't notice any of the horribly broken things until you played champion and above because at that level half the talents are already non viable and when you needed to eek poo poo out like ensuring you're hitting break points you began realizing just how broken everything was. Literally 90% of the weapon traits weren't working haha and back then you couldn't exchange dust so you had to loving farm blues and greens to ensure you could reroll things except you didn't know if the hours you spent trying to get the perfect trait combo actually had working traits.

Chaos wastes was actually a good idea because they tried to make everyone happy and that poo poo just didn't work--you can't get a filthy casual who refuses to use curse resist playing with min/maxxers who are gonna struggle to keep every tome and grim otherwise the runs pretty much worthless. I still run into people in chaos wastes who don't do boss chests and don't want to get coins which boggles my mind because why the hell are you playing chaos wastes if you don't wanna do this stuff.

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

Being broken on release seems like a coop horde game staple lately, still looking forward to this though.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Yeah I'll buy it day 1 anyway, I've had that much fun with vt despite the issues.

If it's on game pass, will the community be split or do they usually do crossplay? I'd rather own it and play in steam but if everyone's on game pass I'll just play it there.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Yeah, I have mixed feelings. I want this to be good, but I have my doubts about :fatshark:'s ability to execute it.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Arghy posted:

This is :fatshark: buyers remorse is guaranteed for the first 6 months followed by intense feelings of self loathing as you want the game to succeed then eventual acceptance that sweden breeds devs that hate you. I'm not buying the game for 3 months to wait and see if there's the same poo poo show that VT2's launch was haha. Let's see if they continue not listing effects actual stats to hide how broken things are haha--remember when damage numbers mod finally came out and the huge list abilities that flat out just didn't work.

I enjoy the customization though i'm worried that whoever designed the elf weapons is now no longer locked to a single character so i expect some insane OP weapons eclipsing other more flavorful weapons.

I love Warhammer and Vermintide and L4D so this is a day one, take PTO launch day, poopsock the weekend for me type of game.

Its also on Xbox/PC Gamepass so you can all get in on that without buying the game itself.

I'll probably kick up comms related to what discord are we wall on and whose playing day 1 so we can group up closer to launch

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
As long as it runs on a decent variety of hardware and doesn't CTD all the time I'll consider the launch a success. Even with broken stats I had a lot of fun with launch VT2

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
bring back vt1 saves when each player averaged 10 per game and it made a delicious little ding every single time you stopped someone from getting hit in the back by a devious little rat

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Chaos Wastes is getting an update
https://www.vermintide.com/news/belakor-is-coming-to-chaos-wastes

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Addaioth's Embrace - A halo of fire damages enemies around as long as you are downed.

I'm glad we're getting a literal red circle of shame now for people who go down and chose terrible boons

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Crit lightning now a weapon skill instead of a boon, good change imo.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I hate the RNG of getting lightning. Mostly because I never managed to roll lightning on my boons while the elf and wizard got it all the time and became tactical nukes.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Apparently Xbox players got part of the next V2 update early, including some previously unmentioned big changes to the CW economy - coin pickups giving less coins, boons costing more, and altar chests not always spawning bosses (in lieu of enemy wave challenges) - meaning less coins.

I kind of wish they would have reworked some of the existing boons while adding new ones, some of the existing boons are still straight up downers if you get em.

Darktide, from what Ive gathered so far

Dedicated servers are in
Modding is out (no word on if it'll come at some point but they would alienate a lot of the community if they didnt)
Premium currency is in, rather than paying straight up money for cosmetics there's a second money-only premium currency now, and presumably (like now) some cosmetics will be premium currency only.
More actual gameplay footage coming next week

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Glad to see the monetization hellscape of modern gaming alive and well. The shop will be fully functional while the loading times will be 10 minutes long because Fatshark still won't have been able to design an engine that pulls assets from a box and instead needs to generate them individually for each level.

I just want to club someone with a ripper gun like a proper Ogryn.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

So, getting back into VT2 (haven't played since the release semester) because some homies got it during today's skull sales. What are the goon takes on the DLCs? What's good, bad or ugly? I see Winds of Magic is pretty negative.

I am specially curious about the careers because the store pages don't really tell much other than name dropping stuff.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
WOM is not very good but it does come with some really good weapons (sienna's flail, throwing axes for bardin, shield and spear for the elf)
bogenhafen is pretty meh
back to ubersreik is deffo worth it at the discount price
sister of the thorn gives the elf a very different mage type class
grail knight is likewise an interesting diversion for kruber and you can significantly buff the rest of the team
buy dwarf engineer if you fancy roleplaying a useless shitcunt whose only purpose is to re-enact the minigun scene from predator before being backstabbed to death by a lone pinkrat ad nauseam

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

He's just being an angry elf, engineer bardin will steal all the ranged circles from the elf without any worry about ammo. The trollhammer torpedo will also trivialize all bosses and patrols which is absurd plus the engineer pistol with the ranger will also delete bosses.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Grail Knight with blessings and a strength potion can annihilate monsters if you take the double swing ult talent.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
Buy the Engineer so you can use the Coghammer on Slayer and avoid the carpal tunnel that Dual Axes will give you

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Arghy posted:

He's just being an angry elf, engineer bardin will steal all the ranged circles from the elf without any worry about ammo. The trollhammer torpedo will also trivialize all bosses and patrols which is absurd plus the engineer pistol with the ranger will also delete bosses.

All of these are true, and you will still go down most of all to the single pink slaverat behind you

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Arghy posted:

angry sienna

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Okay, I am sold on Engineer, which is pretty handy since Bardin was my main back when I used to play. Is the Forgotten Relics pack worth it?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
did you know if you get KO'd at the end of hunger in the dark you respawn right next to the explosives :angel:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR7I2D6ENrA

Very bri'ish

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
that's a psyker right there. so much for darktide only being 4 classes

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Aren’t those the same four they’ve been showing off? Ogryn, the guardsman type, melee lady, and psyker.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
no, unless they scrapped her, there's another guardsman-esque character, a lady with a short mohawk and the imperial eagle tattooed on her forehead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-UifdRoC8I

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Going by their website, there's character customisation in this one but to me it's unclear if it's like, there are 4 archetypes that are equivalents of the Vermintide classes kinda (except 4 instead of 5 of course) that you then customise or whether you customise a character fully and then apply one of the 4 "classes" that they've put in the trailers to your character. If it's the latter you could have like an Ogryn zealot or a guardsman or whatever.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
ogryn psyker

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I thought one of the classes was "ogryn" so that would be tricky.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The Ogryn's defining attribute is that he's huge, so I doubt he'll be able to be another guy.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Class: serial crusher.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

toasterwarrior posted:

no, unless they scrapped her, there's another guardsman-esque character, a lady with a short mohawk and the imperial eagle tattooed on her forehead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-UifdRoC8I

From what ive read there's m/f versions of some characters and I'm p sure that's just a female Veteran (guardsman), so in that vid it's Zealot, Veteran, ogryn, F veteran

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Grondoth posted:

The Ogryn's defining attribute is that he's huge, so I doubt he'll be able to be another guy.

Race: Ogryn
Class: Ogryn

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Some more extended gameplay footage here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eFaa83sg2k

That soundtrack though, drat. Also shows a sprint slide, so thats def a new control.

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jun 11, 2022

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I really like the sound of the lasgun. Captures the proper snap-hiss that Abnett always writes for the sound of a shot. Also goddamn the enemy animations look incredible.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Friendly fire is going to suck.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
On VT2 again, I dropped back in to see the new QOL features. I like that the Uberseik 5 or 4 now also do the mission briefings and the user interface update is nice.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Paolomania posted:

Friendly fire is going to suck.

Friendly Fire should not exist in co-op shooters except as an optional hardcore difficulty toggle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

Friendly Fire should not exist in co-op shooters except as an optional hardcore difficulty toggle

Yeah I dunno. In VT2 if you don't have FF you are much more tempted to fire haphazardly into your team mates, which is very easy and pretty low skill, because enemies tend to clump up around friendly melee characters. I could see a "soft" ff where friendlys just block projectiles but it would still make AOE too easy to use frankly and AOE either becomes the name of the game or has to be so nerfed it's unsatisfying to use.

I'm sure there are other ways to design around the problem I haven't thought of.