Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

fisting by many posted:

Maybe New York is just a good team :shrug:

It's a very strange thought after 100 years of them just being a team that beat some suckers in the first round and then usually gave the Pens a good series in round 2 and either lost there or made it to the ECF to lose quickly.

Very strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

fisting by many posted:

Maybe New York is just a good team :shrug:

Nah, all the other teams are just really bad

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Gonna need to see a Chytil goal soon

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
IGOR

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Weaponized Autism posted:

Gonna need to see a Chytil goal soon

Nah it’s Reaves time to shine

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Disappointed in Ray not talking about how Zib dragged that puck from the center of the ice towards his outer foot to create a different angle and improve the near post shot

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Weaponized Autism posted:

Nah, all the other teams are just really bad

It took 2 concussions and playing a career AHL goalie and 7 games to squeak through the first round. Lol.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Tampa looks almost as bad as ESPN sounds.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Pleads posted:

It's a very strange thought after 100 years of them just being a team that beat some suckers in the first round and then usually gave the Pens a good series in round 2 and either lost there or made it to the ECF to lose quickly.

Very strange.

"won the first round a lot and then won the second round sometimes and then didn't win the third round very often at all" is just describing probability. Like you should be able to say that about just about any team.

Honestly though I'm surprised too. They've gotten better and better as the season and playoffs have gone on.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Pleads posted:

Very strange.

pop quiz playboy when is the last time they had a short ECF. if ya gonna Playoff Post, insult accurately. it lands better my man

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The Bolts really miss Point, and also any of their top forwards having more than a couple of shifts with sustained offensive zone pressure.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

fisting by many posted:

"won the first round a lot and then won the second round sometimes and then didn't win the third round very often at all" is just describing probability

Well the Rangers were probably bad back then

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
HEADS UP CIRELLI! ahahahahha

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Choo choo Trouba strikes again

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

How do you not call that petulant cross check

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Oh, Tampa is getting pissy? You don't say?

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
The Rangers look so good, Tampa’s d have no time at all to do anything with the puck on the blue line

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

:laffo:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

I guess only powerplays for the Rangers are allowed. Neat.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Tampa getting mad. You love to see it.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
At this point rangers just need to get out of this series without losing anyone to injuries, Tampa play dirtier and dirtier the further behind they get

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
atta way kids, way to stay ready and get in there.

drat Jacob that was a beautiful hit

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
This is the worst playoff game the Lightning have played in this entire run. Oof.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Tampa Bay looks realbad

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I guess only powerplays for the Rangers are allowed. Neat.

Lol stop

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The Lightning have been better in game two than one? Which flavour of turd sandwich is your favorite?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Lindgren EN incoming

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Igor is so fuckin good

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
big dick nick :unsmith:

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

:stare:

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
gotta pick a guy there Jake

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Exactly the hero you expected.

Also Kucherov finally did something useful

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Who scheduled this game between a team that’s never played before and the greatest hockey team ever assembled?

Poor post timing but gently caress it

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

WeaponX posted:

Lol stop

4 minors to Tampa and 1 to New York.....2:31 into the game. I'm sure New York has been perfect angles and not held or interfered with anyone. Not at all.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
VERY SCARY

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

drat, Shesterkin’s just seeing it all

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
holy hell lol

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Paul - good pickup.

Hagel - still sucks.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
This is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Paul - good pickup.

Hagel - still sucks.

So much this.