Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

For how big a deal they made of supes being unkillable in season one they sure do seem to die a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

FuriousGeorge posted:

Whelp, I'm only 15 min into the first episode and :stonk: x1000.

:staredog: I...I don't think I'd ever see that kind of kink depicted in tv.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

we finally got to see what would have happened if ant-man went into thanos' rear end

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

drat watched all three already, for sure my favorite show on TV right now #HomeLight

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Mental Hospitality posted:

:staredog: I...I don't think I'd ever see that kind of kink depicted in tv.

I drove myself into a giggling fit imagining the writer's room when they were planning that scene out.

I honestly was wincing before because I thought it was going to be the other way.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I drove myself into a giggling fit imagining the writer's room when they were planning that scene out.

I honestly was wincing before because I thought it was going to be the other way.

"What hole is that?
Oh.
Oh :stare:
Oh :suspense:
Oh! :magical:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
They do not give a gently caress how much hosed up poo poo they show do they.

Timothy was some really bad CGI but other than that it was a real hosed up thing to show

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I haven't watched S2 in a really long time, I remember the cult and all that but I don't remember what the deal is with Deeps wife. Was her character around in S2 and I just don't remember?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

nuketulsa posted:

I haven't watched S2 in a really long time, I remember the cult and all that but I don't remember what the deal is with Deeps wife. Was her character around in S2 and I just don't remember?

She was an arranged marriage by the cult, about the only characterization she got was that she gave awful blowjobs (Deep has priorities). She seems to have been chosen for Deep because she can control/manipulate him, I assume she saw the direction the cult was going to go and got out while the getting was good (and taking Deep with her so she can continue to manipulate him).

e:

pik_d posted:

Timothy was some really bad CGI but other than that it was a real hosed up thing to show

Honestly I was kind of glad the CGI wasn't the best, that scene was disturbing as hell. The cgi helped remind me "it's fake, he's not really doing that." Still man, that was probably the most uncomfortable thing they've put in the show.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jun 4, 2022

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

nuketulsa posted:

Yes, she was an arranged spouse for him provided by the cult.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

nuketulsa posted:

The episode where the cult picked her as the Deep's arranged marriage, they had a bunch of women in talking heads speaking right to the camera about how they feel about love throughout the episode with no explanation and the last one was a woman who was just like "I love to gently caress and why shouldn't I?" and they finally cut to the rest of the room to show the Deep is all about the sexpot woman and his cult handler tells him they're gonna go with a different one.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

R. Guyovich posted:

we finally got to see what would have happened if ant-man went into thanos' rear end

:effort:

Snap averted.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Oh god you guys are right how could I have forgotten all that lol, such good poo poo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

As Nero Danced posted:

"What hole is that?
Oh.
Oh :stare:
Oh :suspense:
Oh! :magical:

Conversation I just had with my brother

Him: I almost puked when that guy exploded in the other guys rear end
Me: rear end? That was his dick
Him: oh I was closing my eyes most of the time. I thought it looked weird for an rear end

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
I feel like cocaine would go a lot further if you had the power to shrink so it's weird to snort it regular size.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

As Nero Danced posted:

It's a bit more Watchmen than Boys but drat I want Cthulhu to hear Timothy's prayers and attack New York

Now I kinda want to see how this show's supes handle an actual alien invasion.

Re: Soldier Boy, I think he was taken by the USSR to be possibly brainwashed, but some sort of weapon DID weaken him enough to be captured.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

veni veni veni posted:

Him: I almost puked when that guy exploded in the other guys rear end
Me: rear end? That was his dick
Him: oh I was closing my eyes most of the time. I thought it looked weird for an rear end

Yeah, this was my reaction as well. I was thinking "that's a very hairless butt" and not looking too closely

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
If you can have making GBS threads dick nipples I think a dickbutt isn't out of the question

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Well the first episode certainly brought us all up to speed on what The Boys is about. It was probably a mistake to try to eat dinner while watching, but I'm down with this sick nonsense.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Well I can’t unsee that.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Equeen posted:

Now I kinda want to see how this show's supes handle an actual alien invasion.

Re: Soldier Boy, I think he was taken by the USSR to be possibly brainwashed, but some sort of weapon DID weaken him enough to be captured.
Maybe there's some Manchurian Candidate angle.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

AcidCat posted:

Well the first episode certainly brought us all up to speed on what The Boys is about. It was probably a mistake to try to eat dinner while watching, but I'm down with this sick nonsense.

Our popcorn went down not great.

At least they didn't Richard Gere it.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I never want this show to end

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Panfilo posted:

Maybe there's some Manchurian Candidate angle.

Мальчик зимний солдат.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

AcidCat posted:

I always forget how gross and mean it is until a new season drops.

Also just how good it is.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Panfilo posted:

I feel like cocaine would go a lot further if you had the power to shrink so it's weird to snort it regular size.

yeah but then the texture would go from like fine powder to beach sand

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The imagery of butcher shaking him around in the bag was the funniest poo poo.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The Boys Season 3: EAT THE loving OCTOPUS

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

veni veni veni posted:

Sounds about right.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I havent thought about it too much or read the comics but it is it safe to say that Butcher is probably going to end up with Homelander levels of superpowers after this?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The boys is really not the kind of show I watch for a fully consistent plot but still it'd be pretty messed up world-building-wise if any random bloke could become homelander-esque, it's like Vought would have gotten rid of Homelander years ago if they could, he kinda has to be uniquely powerful for the setting to make sense, he has the powers of a god and the mentality of spoiled child. Though I mean, I don't know, it's the boys, for the purpose of a cool fight and a snarky one liner who knows what could happen, Butcher and Homelander slagging it out would be fun to watch, that's for certain.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

emanresu tnuocca posted:

The boys is really not the kind of show I watch for a fully consistent plot but still it'd be pretty messed up world-building-wise if any random bloke could become homelander-esque, it's like Vought would have gotten rid of Homelander years ago if they could, he kinda has to be uniquely powerful for the setting to make sense, he has the powers of a god and the mentality of spoiled child. Though I mean, I don't know, it's the boys, for the purpose of a cool fight and a snarky one liner who knows what could happen, Butcher and Homelander slagging it out would be fun to watch, that's for certain.

Yeah we're gonna get yet another show that ends in a DBZ fight with full beam struggle and I'm here for it because they'll make it much more brutal in this show

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
His power is his rage.

Also Soldiet Boy is the Winter Soldier analogue, though probably with a twist.

cyclical
Nov 26, 2005
No, not that one.
My hysterical "what the gently caress?!" in the first fifteen minutes of the first episode was probably heard several houses over. My God, what an amazing scene, in so many ways.

Equeen posted:

He's supposed to be a Captain America expy, right, but is there also gonna be a Winter Soldier angle maybe?

Also, RIP Timothy, the most uncomfortable death of the series so far. Gah.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Anyone else have a "he did it! he said the line!" when homelander was on the building with the girl? I love that they can take so many things from the comic and not have it feel shoehorned in a new scenario.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

pik_d posted:

How dare you say that about Timothy

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

zoux posted:

How dare you say that about Timothy

Which part was wrong? The CGI was bad, Timothy didn't look like it was actually on Deep's face or chopsticks at all!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
^Timothy is real, and delicious, and my friend.

I imagine that Temp-V is like regular V in that it interacts with each person's physiology slightly differently but is still tailored toward generally producing mini-Homelanders. Maybe without flight though. The engineering problem absolutely has to be sure the local supply of temp v wears off before a soldier on it could torture his way to locating the factory.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jun 4, 2022

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

It's hard to know exactly how much time has passed but I feel like Butcher's eyes have been going glowy for more than 24 hours as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The stuff is still experimental, maybe it can go longer than they think.