Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

just :lol: if the twitter fiasco is the final straw that broke the camel's back and the musk bubble fully pops.

tfw you're getting mercilessly dunked on all fronts

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1532742927302250496?s=20&t=TKCivLtwU4AwDerBemqkBQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
If you get stuck, we're not helping out!

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

golden bubble posted:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/abortion-numbers/sharetoken/S9YHDtsHK2re

While there has always been a majority support for some sort of legal abortion, it looks like the recent news changed things so we have majority US support for abortion whenever the woman wants it for the first time in US history.

It's always fun to see the christians finally get on the right side of morality for a change

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

BREAKING NEWS- SENILE SLEEPY JOE DOESNT KNOW THE MOON FROM MARS

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

It's a rare occasion when I enjoy Biden speaking, but that was pretty good.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mr. Nice! posted:

just :lol: if the twitter fiasco is the final straw that broke the camel's back and the musk bubble fully pops.

Live by the tweet, die by the tweet.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Live by the tweet, die by the tweet.

If the Depp/Heard thing has taught us anything(and Trump before that), it’s that weirdo fanboys/girls will go to great lengths of mental gymnastics to protect their idol. Musk is still going to have a bunch of insufferable groupies that think he single handedly built and coded every Tesla car and Space X rocket that came off production instead of being a rich kid con man who duped them.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
At this point, the most effective gun violence control would be a ban on white teens.

I live in the collapsing demon cracker nation, so I'm not gonna be caught lacking.

Law-abiding our way back into the only orgs having guns being the very openly racist police and military and whoever they deem to be "cool" while suburbanites kids blow away a generation because they refuse to let anyone counsel or teach their kids (because it would reveal the trauma they inflicted and the bullshit they built their worldview on).

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 3, 2022

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Random question: can anyone point me to the gif of the family driving in their car as a mushroom cloud appears outside with the kids and mom screaming and the dad smiling?

It was getting posted multiple times a day a while back, and I'm driving myself nuts trying to find it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

hot drat, he got cuffed

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1532791825815285761

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
https://twitter.com/wspa7/status/1532774636416540673?s=21&t=wAvhnIHNBOxh9PgBkSMhnQ

Arm the teachers, arm the vets, arm everyone.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Ah yes the classic solution to fire, more fire.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

And pay them with what money, now?

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
They get paid with exposure!

To gunfire!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

More cops in exam rooms, too

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
yo, go see your doctor(s) or a doctor if your poo poo is going sideways

then listen to them

do not do just one of these!

https://twitter.com/edokeefe/status/1532808103598735365

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

oh god is there perp walk video? please let there be a perp walk.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Louie Gohmert has been whining that republicans are unfairly targeted because they can’t lie to congress or the fbi without being charged.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

School shootings are DOWN, sexual harassments are UP!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Arcella posted:

School shootings are DOWN, sexual harassments are UP!

It's not sexual harassment if it's mandatory!
https://twitter.com/OhioCapJournal/status/1532723795391303682

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Louie Gohmert has been whining that republicans are unfairly targeted because they can’t lie to congress or the fbi without being charged.

If white people can't flaunt the law then what kind of country have we become?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Michigan candidates for Governor that got booted due to the petition signature fraud are hosed.

https://twitter.com/DavidEggert00/status/1532832533217411073

The Michigan Supreme Court is 4-3 Democratic, so this one's not a partisan decision, though the election board was split 2-2. This officially clusterfucks the race - a bunch of frontrunners are out.

Including this dude that was selling himself as a "quality guru":

https://twitter.com/Dave_Boucher1/status/1529884502906089472

Edit: https://twitter.com/DavidEggert00/status/1532851666931818496

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 3, 2022

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Woodchip posted:

They get paid with exposure!

To gunfire!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

What the gently caress, Ohio.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/03/us/elections/pennsylvania-senate-oz-mccormick.html

Dr. Oz vs Fetterman. It's literally the worst vs best

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I'm in the Seattle area and there's definitely some informal system in place between the rich suburbs and downtown so there are almost no (visible) unhoused folk in the wealthy areas. I'd assume a tent trying to go up next to the Tesla store would get relocated fast.

This also seems to have been a popular way to deal with prominent citizen wrongdoing in the past. In Spokane in 1969 the president of Gonzaga University was given 24 hours to leave town by the cops.

That's sort of all over. Used to be in parts of West LA, at least in the early 00's, I'd see LAPD roll up to panhandlers and homeless and push them along to Venice Beach/Culver City. Although when I moved back years later things changed.

Around Austin is weird. I lived near the Travis/Williamson county border, and the tent cities and such just.. stopped at the county line. Then again Williamson county had a reputation with law enforcement, especially with the Sheriff Chody fiasco with the reality show, people getting killed during the filming of it and the resulting cover up plus the Sheriffs office giving out gift cards in a "use of force" contest. Man, I can't wait to leave Texas in a few months.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Fetterman just released that he has cardiomyopathy in addition to what he had earlier in the week. Since the universe hates us and the simulation is set to "weird poo poo" now I won't be shocked if we end up with Oz winning.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bird food bathtub posted:

Fetterman just released that he has cardiomyopathy in addition to what he had earlier in the week. Since the universe hates us and the simulation is set to "weird poo poo" now I won't be shocked if we end up with Oz winning.

Fetterman goes down during a debate and Oz performs surgery on stage.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Big K of Justice posted:

That's sort of all over. Used to be in parts of West LA, at least in the early 00's, I'd see LAPD roll up to panhandlers and homeless and push them along to Venice Beach/Culver City. Although when I moved back years later things changed.

Around Austin is weird. I lived near the Travis/Williamson county border, and the tent cities and such just.. stopped at the county line. Then again Williamson county had a reputation with law enforcement, especially with the Sheriff Chody fiasco with the reality show, people getting killed during the filming of it and the resulting cover up plus the Sheriffs office giving out gift cards in a "use of force" contest. Man, I can't wait to leave Texas in a few months.

Can you elaborate on the ‘sheriff Chody fiasco’? I hadn’t heard of that. For all of Austin’s claims to wokeness I find it to be one of the shittiest, most segregated cities in Texas. It’s way better than Dallas/FW but that ain’t saying much. San Antonio represent!! (Yes we have our problems but it’s wayyyy more chill here than any other major city. I think being majority Hispanic/Latinx/Mexican helps. The current massive gentrification is bugging the poo poo out of me but for now it’s still recognizable)

E: we at least have a decent homeless shelter system as well as the massive Haven for Hope. Been there, not great but better than any other I’ve wound up in.

Bulgaroctonus fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jun 4, 2022

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

bird food bathtub posted:

No chance unless he keels over.

Everything else pertaining to Pennsylvanian politics in the next 9 months however.....

I like Shapiro a lot, but Tom Wolf pissed off way too many people during Covid that Doug Mastriano might as well start picking his cabinet. A lot of bad things happen after that.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Can you elaborate on the ‘sheriff Chody fiasco’? I hadn’t heard of that. For all of Austin’s claims to wokeness I find it to be one of the shittiest, most segregated cities in Texas. It’s way better than Dallas/FW but that ain’t saying much. San Antonio represent!! (Yes we have our problems but it’s wayyyy more chill here than any other major city. I think being majority Hispanic/Latinx/Mexican helps. The current massive gentrification is bugging the poo poo out of me but for now it’s still recognizable)

E: we at least have a decent homeless shelter system as well as the massive Haven for Hope. Been there, not great but better than any other I’ve wound up in.

Austin has been converting motels/hotels to homeless shelters when they can, but they often fight with the state government over "camping" rules and such so it's a battle.

Chody, Well this is the short version: Unremarkable Austin Cop, got sued by a teenager which was settled out of court, basically he assaulted the wrong kid and got hit with a lawsuit. After that was settled Chody won 50 million or so in a lottery, decided to become a cop up in the `burbs instead of retiring and ran for Sheriff. He arranged a deal with A&E to shoot Live PD in his county. Held contests giving out gift cards to police who had the most use of force complaints or something, plus a big scandal where someone died during a live PD shoot, and then arranged to have the video evidence erased so that got him and I think the DA indicted. Fortunately, he got voted out and replaced with Mike Gleeson who ran on the platform of kicking the reality show out and cleaning house. Apparently, the trial hasn't happened yet and Chody is saying he's going to run again :cripes:

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/2020/10/13/tx-sheriff-won-the-lottery-scored-a-tv-show-faces-felony-charges/5923446002/

I guess charges and indictments don't matter in Texas if you are running for office and have a R next to your name.

/edit I noticed in the article, that his Democrat replacement, Mike Gleeson, raised 4-5x the money Chody did. Chody had to dip into his lottery winnings and spent 300k to get defeated by Gleeson who raised over 10x less money :)

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jun 5, 2022

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

It's probably because I just finished watching Peacemaker but I honestly thought you were doing a bit calling the sheriff a chode lmao.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Whenever anyone says that I keep thinking of the 90s thriller movie The Peacemaker with George Clooney and Nicole Kidman.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Terrifying Effigies posted:

It's probably because I just finished watching Peacemaker but I honestly thought you were doing a bit calling the sheriff a chode lmao.

Bored As gently caress posted:

Whenever anyone says that I keep thinking of the 90s thriller movie The Peacemaker with George Clooney and Nicole Kidman.

:same:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I think of the old Cowboy Mouth song, but I'm probably the only one.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Then you have all us ESL who can not not think of the special electric heart machine of T-wave correction for incorrect people

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
https://twitter.com/palomster/status/1532913437726105600?t=ZUvUuM2DiKDlx3q8g1lzZQ&s=19

Uvalde and other PDs are going to get SO MUCH funding for training

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
https://twitter.com/axon_us/status/1532390892140539904?t=1_8uX7OyD8agbbXGqGliZw&s=19

Oh hell yeah they can buy these!!!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Big K of Justice posted:

Austin has been converting motels/hotels to homeless shelters when they can, but they often fight with the state government over "camping" rules and such so it's a battle.

Chody, Well this is the short version: Unremarkable Austin Cop, got sued by a teenager which was settled out of court, basically he assaulted the wrong kid and got hit with a lawsuit. He won 50 million or so in a lottery, decided to become a cop up in the `burbs instead and ran for Sheriff and arranged a deal with A&E to shoot Live PD in his county. Held contests giving out gift cards to police who had the most use of force complaints or something, plus a big scandal where someone died during a live PD shoot, and then arranged to have the video evidence erased so that got him and I think the DA indicted. Fortunately, he got voted out and replaced with Mike Gleeson who ran on the platform of kicking the reality show out and cleaning house. Apparently, the trial hasn't happened yet and Chody is saying he's going to run again :cripes:

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/2020/10/13/tx-sheriff-won-the-lottery-scored-a-tv-show-faces-felony-charges/5923446002/

I guess charges and indictments don't matter in Texas if you are running for office and have a R next to your name.

/edit I noticed in the article, his Democrat replacement, Mike Gleeson, raised 4-5x the money Chody did. Chody had to dip into his lottery winnings and spent 300k to get defeated by Gleeson who raised over 10x less money :)

I misread that and thought a teenager had been beaten by the cops, won a $50 million lawsuit, then became sheriff and for some reason was ultra draconian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I misread that and thought a teenager had been beaten by the cops, won a $50 million lawsuit, then became sheriff and for some reason was ultra draconian.

I mean, a teenager getting elected sheriff is probably going to go completely insane with power no matter their background.

That said, they couldn't do worse that what Texas typically elects