Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

YES thank you :love:

How are the boys these days, I haven't listened to them in a long time

Still the best podcast in the world and funnier than most current shows/movies.

also this is a long shot but what brand of hiking boots does Jah wear. He mentioned them a while back and I’m looking for a pair lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

MechaSeinfeld posted:

also this is a long shot but what brand of hiking boots does Jah wear. He mentioned them a while back and I’m looking for a pair lol

I know he's mentioned Hoka before: https://www.hoka.com/en/us/mens-trail/speedgoat-5/1123157.html

They're highly regarded as trail runners. They have massive cushioning but they're a bit narrow for me.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

holy heck. thanks.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

MechaSeinfeld posted:

It's still my go-to when someone asks me for a podcast rec, though I'm not sure that I've actually gotten anyone to listen. This most recent batch of episodes has been real good.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I didn’t know anyone in history had ever actually asked someone else for a podcast recommendation.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

beep by grandpa posted:

YES thank you :love:

How are the boys these days, I haven't listened to them in a long time

Seth moved out of the Hobart apartment, got a cat named Mizu and a steady girlfriend. Jonathan is still Jonathan.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
He's been to Hawaii, twice!

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

Jonathan moved to Arizona and became a dual citizen with his mother's land.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
J laughing at the murdered prisoner being as "chatty". :D

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Jippa posted:

Terry Berry is a Chatty Cathy.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Jippa posted:

Yes! This needs to be clipped for youtube

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
So I fell off UYD as a weekly listen well over a year ago and I'm up through February 2021 in my catch-up. The bit about the single-session "Make Your Own Body Butter" course at the community college is an all-timer.

What is that, a three cheese Asiago blend? Put that in there! What's that, a battery? Throw i- y'know what? METH! Let's just make meth.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

So I fell off UYD as a weekly listen well over a year ago and I'm up through February 2021 in my catch-up. The bit about the single-session "Make Your Own Body Butter" course at the community college is an all-timer.

What is that, a three cheese Asiago blend? Put that in there! What's that, a battery? Throw i- y'know what? METH! Let's just make meth.

This bit came up again in a recent episode when they discussed the local community college catalog

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

JethroMcB posted:

Lol which ep is this?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Samuel Glompers posted:

Lol which ep is this?

845, the second part of their 16th anniversary double header. Also has a great bit where Seth reads Old Wives Tales from the Huggies website.

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

JethroMcB posted:

845, the second part of their 16th anniversary double header. Also has a great bit where Seth reads Old Wives Tales from the Huggies website.

:cheers:

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Getting mf gouged at the pump y'all

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

zenguitarman posted:

Getting mf gouged at the pump y'all

Times are getting really economic.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

THE Professor

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
That. Room. Smells. So. Bad. Mom.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
For people that enjoy back eps 336 is really good.

Seth does a bumper load of news stories. From a clergyman covering under age girls in honey and filming them in the shower (and then gets engaged to one of them) to a guy being shot in the head in his sleep and not realising until he gets in a car crash later that day. Top stuff.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

494, Jonathan logs on to Yelp to pan a car dealership that hosed with him on a price. "Beware of these turkeys."

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Hahahahahahaha

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

I'm gonna tattoo this on my forehead.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Put the rat in the bag

Rip

vvv I forgot how wild that story is. Jonathan the executioner

mcvey fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jul 6, 2022

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSxAKE3e5WM

"Whatever poison was going through this rat's body, once I started to submerge it underwater and drown it, it comes back to life, in a way..."
"In a good way! You saved it."
"Not in a good way. I killed the loving thing."

LATE EDIT: Listening to 857. Seth talking about the preacher on Youtube whose guest says that Michael Jackson sings and dances for the Lord in Heaven. Then the next guest preacher claims that there are Sports in Heaven and it's the greatest game you've ever seen, there's three teams at once, and all the points go to Jesus.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 6, 2022

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
930: "The Satan Scare" is a much better name for Satanic Panic, drat Jah.

loose-fish
Apr 1, 2005
In case anyone is interested, I dumped all the intro/outro song info that is currently on the RSS feed. Sadly the archived eps don't have descriptions...
https://pastebin.com/yTbjTETt

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

loose-fish posted:

In case anyone is interested, I dumped all the intro/outro song info that is currently on the RSS feed. Sadly the archived eps don't have descriptions...
https://pastebin.com/yTbjTETt

I've been messing around with something similar and you can get those by scraping the episode pages, like https://uhhyeahdude.com/index.php/show_notes/episode_432

though the very early ones will have jokes or just band names or be missing like https://uhhyeahdude.com/index.php/show_notes/episode_79

loose-fish
Apr 1, 2005

mistermojo posted:

I've been messing around with something similar and you can get those by scraping the episode pages, like https://uhhyeahdude.com/index.php/show_notes/episode_432

though the very early ones will have jokes or just band names or be missing like https://uhhyeahdude.com/index.php/show_notes/episode_79

Nice, I'll check that out, looks like Jonathan started labeling it somewhat consistently somewhere in the 200s.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

931 starting strong with a game show recap from Seth

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

931 starting strong with a game show recap from Seth
The James Caan story oh my god

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Seth reading the CardWishes messages for Dad's birthdays in 865 is an all-timer.

"I have planned for today, and those plans will be revealed to you in a few minutes."

"Happy B-day to the serious man who makes us frightened when he gets angry. Smile, dad, it's your day."

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

Seth reading the CardWishes messages for Dad's birthdays in 865 is an all-timer.

"I have planned for today, and those plans will be revealed to you in a few minutes."

"Happy B-day to the serious man who makes us frightened when he gets angry. Smile, dad, it's your day."

“Even though I’m weaker than all the other boys…”

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

It's true, we do celebrate Dead Confederate Donkey Month here.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Lol the confused voicemail on 934

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roT6xus1VTU

Someone's gotta find XXLs line.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Professor Latency posted:

Lol the confused voicemail on 934

Absolutely love it every time they bring up the TV repair helpline. So perfect.

Would kill to hear Seth's replies to these people.

The video of the latest one is really worth watching too, Jonathan totally loses it (18m50s in 934).

GraPar fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jul 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

935: The Omnivore Trials: Rise of the Ezequiels