Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
extreme queening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Majestic tumbling.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Jeherrin posted:

London Royal Free did a challenge survey where they paid 36 people several thousand pounds to willingly expose themselves to Covid in a controlled environment. Half of them never developed an infection or shed the virus.

It’s very possible to not get it.

this makes some sense, i don't know the exact numbers for what kind of spread a disease that had a 100% chance of causing the disease with specific forms of contact would have but i imagine we would all be turbofucked immediately. as opposed to just quite a bit hosed over a few months. like, covid precautions are about minimising your chances rather than avoiding the absolute certainty that any time spent with a carrier will infect you

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
can I get cash for having some scientists expose me to various other dangerous pathogens

can't be worse than living in southend anyway, might as well get some dosh for it

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

What’s the legality of owning guns in the uk? My neighbour has what looks like some kind of army truck (it has wheels and treads), but yesterday for the first time I saw it had a mounted gun fixed to the top. Seems like this shouldn’t be allowed??

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Lady Gaza posted:

What’s the legality of owning guns in the uk? My neighbour has what looks like some kind of army truck (it has wheels and treads), but yesterday for the first time I saw it had a mounted gun fixed to the top. Seems like this shouldn’t be allowed??
It will be inactivated (no actual firing mechanism), and/or blocked barrel or a hole drilled through the breech.

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

I’m sure that’s the case but even still, feels weird to be able to just brandish a gun that’s as long as a person, out in public.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Lady Gaza posted:

You can own a shotgun, or a bolt action rifle with a license (police background check, and a legitimate sporting/farm management/pest control reason). You can also own an auto loading rifle/pump action if it is below .22 calibre.

Air rifles now also require a license except with specific exceptions (member of a gun club, you are a farmer etc.)

Anything else is very illegal.

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jun 4, 2022

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

This is the truck/gun, seems a bit excessive

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
thats fine.

but if all those jerry cans are full of fuel, thats probably illegal to store at home.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
It has a Z on the side

Are you sure it's not just lost?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Just read the first 40 pages of the Starmer book. What a nasty piece of work he is.
I'm assuming it gets worse.

Oct 4, 2005

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Just read the first 40 pages of the Starmer book. What a nasty piece of work he is.

Why are you doing this to yourself?

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.

1965917 posted:

Why are you doing this to yourself?

So we don't have to. Gor'bless, Jaeluni ma'am. *tugs forelock*

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Lady Gaza posted:

Your neighbors most likely a historical reenactor. Depending on their licencing, the gun may even fire!

They will only have back power blanks however, and most groups have a single armourer with the licence to make them up. So unless your neighbor is that guy, your most likely safe.

We had a ferret armoured car parked on site at work for years. The owner bought it and hid it from his wife before getting found out. It's quite normal to see him driving around the area.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

The whole *wave's arms around what was the Labour Party* seems to have been done in a very calculating way by Kieth.

I dislike the man very intensely, more so after reading the book.

And some Labour heavyweights don't come out of it looking very good either.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Grey Hunter posted:

We had a ferret armoured car parked on site at work for years. The owner bought it and hid it from his wife before getting found out. It's quite normal to see him driving around the area.

I was going to ask how the hell you hide a Ferret until I saw the "at work" bit.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Lady Gaza posted:

Looks like an old M5 or M9, american lend lease production from the second world war.

If it's any consolation they also made those with four of those guns on an anti aircraft mount on the back so I guess it could be worse.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jun 4, 2022

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I've finished it. You're dead right it does!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Helen121/status/1532954974547808261

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Jeherrin posted:

I've finished it. You're dead right it does!
Well come on then, we need quotes!

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Looks like an old M5 or M9, american lend lease production from the second world war.

If it's any consolation they also made those with four of those guns on an anti aircraft mount on the back so I guess it could be worse.

Lucky it wasn't a M3 Gun Motor Carriage with the 75mm gun. :derp:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Jedit posted:

I was going to ask how the hell you hide a Ferret until I saw the "at work" bit.

It's a little tiny armoured car for ferrets to use. As seen in Richard Scarry's Big Book of War Crimes

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Watch that little loving rat whip to abstain.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Watch that little loving rat whip to abstain.

What. Why on earth would he whip to abstain?

Obviously he'll support it

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

jaete posted:

What. Why on earth would he whip to abstain?

Obviously he'll support it

This. It’s codifying his previous behaviour in CPS into actual law. He’ll loving love it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Actually everyone cheered Boris but the evil woke BBC switched the audio using space lizard technology.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
OK booer

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

boo-ris

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
I was saying boo-ris.

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:

Lady Gaza posted:

I've always heard the safety axiom for gun owners "always assume every gun is loaded". Seems the height of hubris to have this in the suburbs, especially as there will be plenty of children around this weekend.

I remember as a kid my mother getting an anonymous letter about a trampoline we'd rented for the front yard, saying how dangerous it was, how kids might get on it over night and break their necks, etc.

Should jam a bag of yumyums down the barrel 😆

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
that's actually a vampire hunting vehicle: the gun merely sprays holy water and that's also what's in the tanks, there

the shovel is actually the most lethal weapon used in combat

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Does holy water blessed by priests work on protestant vampires or do they just get wet and start ranting about how its superstitious nonsense?

I wonder how the jubilee affects vampires as most of those flags are some sort of cross symbol.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Oliver Cromwell: Vampire Hunter

i have a new creative writing project

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

crispix posted:

Oliver Cromwell: Vampire Hunter

i have a new creative writing project

yes he killed a king we already know this

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Angepain posted:

yes he killed a king we already know this

Also a fuckload of Irish people, which raises some awkward questions.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i mean i was just being silly

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I liked the Pratchett book where the vampires got all into that Norman Vincent Peale style Reformed Church positive thinking and symbology and then it went poorly for them.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
vampires are bastards, simple as, end of :manning:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Guavanaut posted:

I liked the Pratchett book where the vampires got all into that Norman Vincent Peale style Reformed Church positive thinking and symbology and then it went poorly for them.

Looks like it went well for them mate they created the Tory party