Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

BirdieBedtime posted:

I'm excited to get back to my XXth Legion. They've lain fallow for a couple years as I was pretty dissatisfied with they way they played in 1.0. I either had a list that was horribly unfun to play against or vanilla models with an extra movement phase. The initial leaks brought me back in and I'm looking forward to finishing upscaling my Headhunters, now that they're useful. I even got enough done to head out to what was one of the last local events in 1.0 (and get my rear end beat).

I really like those objective markers!

AchtungBaby posted:

This might be a stupid question. But, could I just paint the box set as crimson fists and use them in 40k official tournaments as classic marines?

Probably a better question for the 40k thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

AchtungBaby posted:

This might be a stupid question. But, could I just paint the box set as crimson fists and use them in 40k official tournaments as classic marines?

Yeah, I don't think there's anything that's not usable in 40k.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
One of the selling points of HH stuff is being compatible with 40k. Even the characters and such can be used as fancy captains or whatever

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I painted some guys:

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

Well Emperor be damned, I feel motivated. The paintjob I have to aspire to!

paint paint paint paint

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Hixson posted:

I painted some guys:

paint paint paint paint

drat those are some sweet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ljtZJ9g5zo

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Missile launchers are growing on me as an acceptable unslung configuration. Really well done!

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

These suck; you’re a loser

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Hixson posted:

I painted some guys:

paint paint paint paint

On it!

Also I just ordered my Age of Darkness box. It cost me 177€

Edit: 40k scouts have been moved to 30k... heh. (Also drop pods.)

with a rebel yell she QQd fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jun 4, 2022

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

BirdieBedtime posted:

I'm excited to get back to my XXth Legion. They've lain fallow for a couple years as I was pretty dissatisfied with they way they played in 1.0. I either had a list that was horribly unfun to play against or vanilla models with an extra movement phase. The initial leaks brought me back in and I'm looking forward to finishing upscaling my Headhunters, now that they're useful. I even got enough done to head out to what was one of the last local events in 1.0 (and get my rear end beat).

These are way cool and I love the impaled marine objective markers 👏

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Goonhammer reviews are up

https://www.goonhammer.com/the-horus-heresy-second-edition-core-rules-review/

https://www.goonhammer.com/liber-astartes-the-goonhammer-review/

https://www.goonhammer.com/the-liber-hereticus-review/

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Honest question here, as I've been debating on the colour scheme for my upcoming Death Guard army, did they ctually perform any action beyond the attack on Terra once they gave themselves to Nurgle?

I've been going through as much lore as I can find. I understand that pre-heresy those with Terra ancestory wore the armour with pride and seemed to keep it well kept. The future recruits from Mortarion home world were more ruthless and were used in the later Crusade as being able to go without refulling and rearming for longer periods of time and wore more of the battle damage as a point of pride.
So....clean is more pre-heresy and/or the Terra born recruits while later generations more battle damage. So depending on how I want to go, a clean look is viable

But....when they got trapped in the Warp and gave themselves to Nurgle and became the "Death Guard" of Nurgle, did they do any battles beyond rushing to the siege?
Is it viable to have some Nurgle infested marines or were they strictly at the siege as infected monstrosities?
Want to know for potentional conversions and what not

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Read the first article, extremely gratified to learn I won't be buying into a hobby right as a worse edition comes out.

However, I was very interested in Zone Mortalis; am I right in thinking it's indefinitely suspended until or unless it's reintroduced in this new edition?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Jack B Nimble posted:

Read the first article, extremely gratified to learn I won't be buying into a hobby right as a worse edition comes out.

I'm very curious as to how you think this upcoming edition is worse than the previous one

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

AnEdgelord posted:

I'm very curious as to how you think this upcoming edition is worse than the previous one

He's saying he's happy that the edition seems good.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

SpaceViking posted:

He's saying he's happy that the edition seems good.

I see it now, i'm dumb nvm

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Jack B Nimble posted:

However, I was very interested in Zone Mortalis; am I right in thinking it's indefinitely suspended until or unless it's reintroduced in this new edition?

An image of an upcoming White Dwarf article has been making the rounds today. One of the topics on the cover is updated Horus Heresy ZM rules.

I’m extremely excited. ZM is my favorite way to play!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I have no self control and bought the big Heretic bundle. This is gonna be the long 2-3 weeks of waiting... Happy early Father's Day to me

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Preordered. Big box, Liber Astartes, a deimos rhino (always wanted one of those) and the special weapon pack.

Watch the FLGS that's opening in the mall across the street from my apartment building sometime in June get all these things at a discount on launch day while I'm waiting a week for everything to arrive via shipping.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Picking up the box and traitor book through my FLGS and getting 4 each of the SoH upgrade kits through FW

Heres hoping no one is gonna get mad at my using two of the sick sergeant head in my 20 man squads

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Should the new boxed set be up for preorder now? My FLGS owner seems to think not, but honestly he sometimes seems bizarrely unwilling to take my money and buy. the. thing.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
I'm honestly kind of surprised they didn't find room for the new Zone Mortalis rules in the big Heresy corebook, given how popular those seem.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Jack B Nimble posted:

Should the new boxed set be up for preorder now? My FLGS owner seems to think not, but honestly he sometimes seems bizarrely unwilling to take my money and buy. the. thing.

Its on the GW website for preorder so I don't know what the hold up would be for the FLGS owner

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/horus-heresy-age-of-darkness-2022-eng

My store actually took preorders earlier this week just to make sure they got them all in in time

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Well I'm gonna be busy. I have a box for myself, my friend is splitting a box with me but only wants the tank, rulebook, and 10 beakies, and I have an order of Gal Vorbak coming.

I also picked up the transfer sheet, dice, and the bookmark.

jadebullet fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jun 4, 2022

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Preordered the bawx and swcs, and it all came in at under €200. This might actually be a better points-per-bux deal that BaC or BoP were.

The FLGS guy is hella weird for not doing preorders.

Oh, and people are talking about some Liber screenshots from GMG that suggest plastic Proteus and stuff.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The white dwarf with ZM rules being out at launch makes me happy, I assumed we were going to have to wait a while and just tweak the old rules some to get by

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.
Got my preorder in:
Big box, White Scars transfers, Loyalist and Traitor book, Special Weapon set, Kratos Assault Tank, Horus, Carta Galactica.

And now we wait. Maybe I'll try to finish my 40k army in the next two weeks.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

AnEdgelord posted:

Its on the GW website for preorder so I don't know what the hold up would be for the FLGS owner

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/horus-heresy-age-of-darkness-2022-eng

My store actually took preorders earlier this week just to make sure they got them all in in time

I'll tell you what up, he said "I've already ordered six, and I don't know if I'll even get those, and I don't want to take your order and then have to refund it".

Ok bro, sure. Not like I'm only buying this easily purchasable poo poo through your store just a favor to you. Pft, I'm going to just buy a copy online right now.

Last time he just wouldn't order a kill team book, dice, and tokens. Just told me to "message him on FB about it. I'm in your fuckin' store telling you I want the poo poo!

I *think* it's less about him being a terrible business man and more about him giving 90% of his focus to the whales that buy and game there.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

JcDent posted:

Preordered the bawx and swcs, and it all came in at under €200. This might actually be a better points-per-bux deal that BaC or BoP were.

The FLGS guy is hella weird for not doing preorders.

Oh, and people are talking about some Liber screenshots from GMG that suggest plastic Proteus and stuff.

GW making up their own exchange rates is maybe my least favorite thing. Something that costs 180 GBP coming out to be 300 USD is nonsensical. Shipping cant cost that much extra

:sigh:

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I just pre-ordered it. Did I make a mistake by not buying one or both of the "codex" books? poo poo.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Honest question here, as I've been debating on the colour scheme for my upcoming Death Guard army, did they ctually perform any action beyond the attack on Terra once they gave themselves to Nurgle?

I've been going through as much lore as I can find. I understand that pre-heresy those with Terra ancestory wore the armour with pride and seemed to keep it well kept. The future recruits from Mortarion home world were more ruthless and were used in the later Crusade as being able to go without refulling and rearming for longer periods of time and wore more of the battle damage as a point of pride.
So....clean is more pre-heresy and/or the Terra born recruits while later generations more battle damage. So depending on how I want to go, a clean look is viable

But....when they got trapped in the Warp and gave themselves to Nurgle and became the "Death Guard" of Nurgle, did they do any battles beyond rushing to the siege?
Is it viable to have some Nurgle infested marines or were they strictly at the siege as infected monstrosities?

While the Legion as a whole was not corrupted until they were literally in the middle of the warp jump to Terra, some members of the legion were corrupted as early as the Flight of the Eisenstein.

Personally, I’d say a corrupted squad or two would be totally kosher in most time periods, but a wholly corrupted army would only be appropriate during the Siege, especially if incorporating a bunch of named characters. I’m sure others will disagree, but that’s my take.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I remember reading potentially-old fluff that the Death Guard were one of the few legions that retreated to the Eye of Terror in any semblance of order. So you could definitely narratively play some Nurgle-infested DG as part of the Siege or its immediate aftermath as they made their way to the Eye.

Additionally, while the big legion-wide infesting didn't happen until their trip to Terra, there were individual Traitor-aligned DG who got Daemonic prior to the Siege. Ignatius Grulgor (wonderful name) became some kind of daemonhost/living conduit of the Life-eater Virus early on in the Heresy and drives a plague wagon across Molech in the book Vengeful Spirit. With that in mind I think you could totally justify any Nurgly-looking DG as being around during the pre-Siege Heresy.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Jack B Nimble posted:

I just pre-ordered it. Did I make a mistake by not buying one or both of the "codex" books? poo poo.

Theoretically you don't need them until you play but yeah that's where all of the legion specific rules are

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Just got back from my pretty good sized LGS and they are also not taking orders for HH box, said they are still trying to gauge regional interest in it on their Facebook. I'll just order it online I guess

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Nazzadan posted:

Just got back from my pretty good sized LGS and they are also not taking orders for HH box, said they are still trying to gauge regional interest in it on their Facebook. I'll just order it online I guess

lol wtf, my LGS started interests check forms back in early May and if you filled out the form you were basically guaranteed what you wanted.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Isn't it a guaranteed made-to-order pre-order window as well? Waiting to gauge interest seems really dumb as a reason not to take individual pre-orders.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

GW making up their own exchange rates is maybe my least favorite thing. Something that costs 180 GBP coming out to be 300 USD is nonsensical. Shipping cant cost that much extra

:sigh:

We get it the in the other direction as well. US computer games are $70 and that gets re-labeled to £70 for the UK regardless of exchange rate (it should be ~£55). And that's for digital goods.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Lotta stuff going out of stock already, including Horus

As far as my plans for the box I'm wondering how hard it would be to convert those cataphract terminators to justaerins, they don't look too different

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I think Justaerin are a kit for Cataphracti, so you're halfway there. Just add topknots and the color scheme.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Today was an expensive day, but at least my potential starting Legion is down to two: Iron Hands or Alpha Legion.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

Today was an expensive day, but at least my potential starting Legion is down to two: Iron Hands or Alpha Legion.

Alpha Legion with the special Iron Hands Terminators inducted in to the list?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Alpha Legion with the special Iron Hands Terminators inducted in to the list?

Gotta say that would be pretty darn cool!