Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beaviss
Dec 20, 2021

https://twitter.com/MissPavIichenko/status/1524250022757474305

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Felis Domesticus Chester Willard co-authored several physics papers, and was not picked up on by the editors, resulting in the cat becoming recognised author of several peer-reviewed internationally published papers.

MikeJF has a new favorite as of 13:08 on May 25, 2022

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

https://twitter.com/embamexrus/status/402710700037898240

Mexico honours his wishes to this day

beaviss
Dec 20, 2021

cool

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm reminded how it's tradition now that if you put up a statue of Flinders (early navigator who charted a lot of Australia) you include his kitty.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

MikeJF posted:

Felis Domesticus Chester Willard co-authored several physics papers, and was not picked up on by the editors, resulting in the cat becoming recognised author of several peer-reviewed internationally published papers.

I and some of my colleagues invented a fictitious and evil-sounding funding organization (The Westpunt Syndicate, named after the town in Curacao we did a lot of our dives from) to thank when we cover our own expenses for research. It's in the acknowledgements of like a half dozen biology papers now.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

MikeJF posted:

I'm reminded how it's tradition now that if you put up a statue of Flinders (early navigator who charted a lot of Australia) you include his kitty.

The first one is very unrealistic. The cat would deffo jump up onto the bigger plinth while he was trying to strike a cool captainly pose.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh yes, he liked to hop up.

His desire to gain a competent knowledge in practical seamanship, was not less than he showed for experimental philosophy. The replacing a top-mast carried away, or taking a reef in the sails were what most attracted his attention at sea; and at all times when there was more bustle on deck than usual, he never failed to be present and in the midst of it; for as I have before hinted, he was endowed with an unusual degree of confidence and courage, and having never received anything good from men, he believed all to be his friends, and he was the friend of all. When the nature of the bustle upon the deck was not understood by him, he would mew and rub his back up against the legs of one and another, frequently at the risk of being trampled underfoot, until he obtained the attention of someone to satisfy him. He knew what good discipline required, and on taking in a reef, never presumed to go aloft until the order was issued; but go as soon as the officer had issued the word – 'Away up aloft!' - up he jumped along with the seamen, and so active and zealous was he, that none could reach the top before, or so soon as he did. His zeal, however, never carried him beyond a sense of his dignity; he did not lay out on the yard like a common seaman, but always remained seated upon the cap, to inspect like an officer. This assumption of authority to which, it must be confessed, his rank, though great as a quadraped, did not entitle him amongst men, created no jealousy; for he always found some good friends to caress him after the business was done, and to take him down in his arms.

(excerpt from a 10-page biography Flinders wrote of Trim.)

MikeJF has a new favorite as of 14:06 on May 26, 2022

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Two cats one lap. They're getting a bit large for this but they still want to.

https://i.imgur.com/GGDPrHW.mp4

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

MikeJF posted:

Give this cat tenure.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
The boys are starting to get along. They still brawl, but they're starting to get along.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Skillet will race my pregnant wife to sit in the stool next to me for dinner time. How obnoxious. Terrible manners.

I love him.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Skillet is a pro cat name and looks like a pro cat

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Skillet was my favorite character in the movie blacula. I approve of the name and approve of that kitty.

fishbacon
Nov 4, 2009
wonderful yet strange smell

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Skillet will race my pregnant wife to sit in the stool next to me for dinner time. How obnoxious. Terrible manners.

I love him.
:perfect:

ain't no cat manners to shame anyone

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
Mr. Valentines enjoying some sunshine. Look at those floof colorations!

Bonus pic. Snuggle boys snugglin':

IkeTurner has a new favorite as of 08:50 on May 29, 2022

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
We adopted a new kitty yesterday. Her name's Mimi and she was bottle-raised as she was found out on the streets all alone. She's already made herself at home and is quite a little cuddler.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I love him.

Congratulations on the future addition to your family.

We used to have a cat who loved nothing more than to sit with us at the dinner table. Not even trying to snatch any food, he was just happy to be there with us. Best cat we ever had.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Lavinia Spenlow posted:

We adopted a new kitty yesterday. Her name's Mimi and she was bottle-raised as she was found out on the streets all alone. She's already made herself at home and is quite a little cuddler.

oh my god she is SOOOO CUTE

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Lavinia Spenlow posted:

What a pretty baby.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Lavinia Spenlow posted:

loving adorable. Post a lot more pics

This is Lemew making sure I'm doing my post-op at home physical therapy for my knee

It was exhausting for her. Apparently.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Torties always have such amazing coloring

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Lavinia Spenlow posted:

Hello Mimi!

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Mr. Valentines is very good. Please rub his freshly baked tummy.

Lavinia Spenlow posted:

What a little cutie. :kimchi:

RhomboidSphinx
Jun 17, 2013

Lavinia Spenlow posted:

:3: :3: :3:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I live for this shot.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

the feline is a master of stealth, we cannot find him

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/Thereisnocat_/status/1533073265362710528

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

fluffy boi

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/958815967914389544/982374664921829406/cheeto.mp4

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Somebody enjoys his outdoor time.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Mu Zeta posted:

fluffy boi

Hello I am in love with your cat

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Winter time is under the dressing gown snuggle sleep time.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Hello I am in love with your cat

It's my neighbors cat but he comes to visit almost every day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8Z9JpE6gmQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3WlA5hz_0o

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 07:56 on Jun 5, 2022

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

Mu Zeta posted:

It's my neighbors cat but he comes to visit almost every day
Well jel, I wish a fluffy kitty would visit me almost every day

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
My neighbor's ginger cat takes the sun on my porch, but will not let me approach. Probably it sees the sin in my soul and acts appropriately.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

She's settling in.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I just appreciate all the latest calico and tortie cat pics :kimchi:

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Have another one.

Our youngest, Iskierka, basically lives on the catio now that she figured out how the cat door works.

Though lately she is also mesmerized by the concept of legos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

"Why would you waste precious cat-petting time on this, human?"

drat that's a cute kitty