Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Lozareth posted:

Seconding After the Fall. Compound is good for single-player. All of the Serious Sam VR games seem pretty good, especially The Last Hope, but I haven't sunk a lot of time into them with so many things I'm playing right now.

Serious sam games rule. If you can tolerate the speed of stick loco in it, its wild being able to dual wield whatever guns and shoot in all directions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Nowher posted:

What's a good arcade-y type shooter I can get on Steam?
Already played Arizona Sunshine now I'm playing Into the Radius... while it's good it's a bit slow and can be too involved.

Sometimes I just want to shoot and things to go boom.

Payday 2 gets very "just shoot things" for most of its levels.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Not quite what you're looking for and probably well known itt, but I've been enjoying my time with Pavlov VR a whole lot. It's basically counter strike in VR and there's a lot of custom maps that make it pretty wild.

You usually die every minute or so and it's very quick to pick up and get a few rounds in.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nowher posted:

Already played Arizona Sunshine now I'm playing Into the Radius... while it's good it's a bit slow and can be too involved.

Sairento is a little older and shows it in places, but it still has the most satisfying movement and gunsblasting I've played in VR so far. It's arcadey to the point that it even opens with a mode for if you bought it to use for players into your literal VR arcade lol

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Nowher posted:

Holy poo poo, this is the most open ended question ever. You just described I think 99% of all games that exist.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Nolgthorn posted:

Holy poo poo, this is the most open ended question ever. You just described I think 99% of all games that exist.

Ok, I've just been playing Bulletstorm recently.

What's the closest game to something like that in VR?

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
I try to stick to Steam since I don't want to be giving Zuck any more dollars than I have to.

But, Robo Recall looks good. Might be exactly what I'm after.

edit -

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Sairento is a little older and shows it in places, but it still has the most satisfying movement and gunsblasting I've played in VR so far. It's arcadey to the point that it even opens with a mode for if you bought it to use for players into your literal VR arcade lol

Thanks this looks good, I'll give this and Serious Sam a try :hellyeah:

Nowher fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jun 5, 2022

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Is there a good list of must-haves for full body tracking accessories? I managed to snag one of the three tracker Tundra packs when they first opened up for general sale and the latest news post says they're going to be shipping out in the coming week or two. All it comes with is the trackers and the dongle (+ usb cables).

Are all straps going to be roughly the same or are there some that are better than others? And for leg tracking, some of the youtube reviews I saw had them mounted on like indoor shoes, while others had them around their ankles. Does it make a difference?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ishikabibble posted:

Is there a good list of must-haves for full body tracking accessories? I managed to snag one of the three tracker Tundra packs when they first opened up for general sale and the latest news post says they're going to be shipping out in the coming week or two. All it comes with is the trackers and the dongle (+ usb cables).

Are all straps going to be roughly the same or are there some that are better than others? And for leg tracking, some of the youtube reviews I saw had them mounted on like indoor shoes, while others had them around their ankles. Does it make a difference?

What you want is the EOZ Premium Straps right off the Tundra Labs store catalogue. The Foot Straps are the real prize, because theirs (Unlike others) loop around the back of the foot as well as over it to secure the tracker in place. Unfortunately they're sold out atm in both sizes so you just gotta keep watch and hope they come back.

Your alternative, and the common go-to, are the TrackStraps or TrackStrap Plus-es (straps with extra batteries) on Rebuff Reality's storefront.

You ideally want them mounted on your foot rather than the ankle, because it's tracking your foot's rotation as well as position. if you put it on the ankle, you have no foot movement and it defeats half the purpose of it. Mount it on your foot like indoor shoes.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Do the tundra packs use the same pins as the HTC trackers?

https://www.midnighttech.dev/products

I don't use these myself, but I would if I had known about them before buying my Rebuff battery packs.

I also ordered my track straps off of AliExpress, $15 is a lot more affordable. Also keep in mind the elastic will wear out over time so the Track strap Plus isn't a good investment imo

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Kazy posted:

They are not the same, no.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Mount it on your foot like indoor shoes.

several people I know just got some 1/4"-20 short bolts and mounted the tracker directly to some cheap Crocs knock-offs

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Kazy posted:

https://www.midnighttech.dev/products

I don't use these myself, but I would if I had known about them before buying my Rebuff battery packs.

I also ordered my track straps off of AliExpress, $15 is a lot more affordable. Also keep in mind the elastic will wear out over time so the Track strap Plus isn't a good investment imo

They work fine on the rebuff straps. The straps don't really use the pin layout they use cables.

This does mean you need to buy usb c cables or w/e unless the newest ones come with usb c ones.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What you want is the EOZ Premium Straps right off the Tundra Labs store catalogue. The Foot Straps are the real prize, because theirs (Unlike others) loop around the back of the foot as well as over it to secure the tracker in place. Unfortunately they're sold out atm in both sizes so you just gotta keep watch and hope they come back.

Your alternative, and the common go-to, are the TrackStraps or TrackStrap Plus-es (straps with extra batteries) on Rebuff Reality's storefront.

You ideally want them mounted on your foot rather than the ankle, because it's tracking your foot's rotation as well as position. if you put it on the ankle, you have no foot movement and it defeats half the purpose of it. Mount it on your foot like indoor shoes.

Tundras don't need poo poo for feets. Just lace em into some shoes.

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jun 5, 2022

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM
Quote = edit...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Are there any VR games that are similar to all of the fun light gun arcade games of the 90s? My favorites were Time Crisis, House of the Dead, and Virtua Cop. Anything like those?

boloney
May 29, 2021
Robo Recall, maybe

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

boloney posted:

Robo Recall, maybe

This one looks really cool! It looks like it might require Oculus though, I only have a Reverb G2, so I need confirmation first that it will work with that.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I said come in! posted:

This one looks really cool! It looks like it might require Oculus though, I only have a Reverb G2, so I need confirmation first that it will work with that.

If it is PCVR (like through steam), the G2 will run it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

If it is PCVR (like through steam), the G2 will run it.

It's only on Epic Game Store, sorry I should have made sure to mention that too. But the Reverb G2 also has Microsoft VR, so I wonder if that'll work too?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Epic Store uses Steam VR for its VR games I believe.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

njsykora posted:

Thank you thank you! This is perfect, it looks like from searching around it will play on it. Going to buy it.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

I said come in! posted:

Are there any VR games that are similar to all of the fun light gun arcade games of the 90s? My favorites were Time Crisis, House of the Dead, and Virtua Cop. Anything like those?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1066180/Crisis_VRigade_2/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/939000/Crisis_VRigade/

Both are fun. Both are basically time crisis.

Old ones more cartoon art style but both are fun as poo poo.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Horizon Vanguard as well!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

EbolaIvory posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1066180/Crisis_VRigade_2/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/939000/Crisis_VRigade/

Both are fun. Both are basically time crisis.

Old ones more cartoon art style but both are fun as poo poo.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Horizon Vanguard as well!

Thank you for the suggestions! So, I got Robo Recall to start up, but it won't detect my Reverb G2 controllers, trying to find a solution for that part and then I should be good to go.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

I said come in! posted:

Thank you for the suggestions! So, I got Robo Recall to start up, but it won't detect my Reverb G2 controllers, trying to find a solution for that part and then I should be good to go.

Both Crisis Vrigades are on Viveport as well. 2 is for sure on infinity, 1 might be still.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay I got Robo Recall to work! This game is really pretty looking, but very difficult. I wish it had a on-rails, and auto-reload gun option, with buttons on your motion controller to switch weapons. It would be a lot easier to play. And maybe there are gameplay mods to fix some of these issues.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Nowher posted:

Honestly, good ole Doom is pretty excellent in VR. There's nearly 30 years of people making levels for it, too, the best of which are probably http://cacowards.com/

You'll need https://github.com/hh79/gzdoomvr/releases

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.
For on the rail shooting, give Pistol Whip a try.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Nowher posted:

Robo Recall and Sairento VR.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Jack Trades posted:

Robo Recall and Sairento VR.

This was going to be my answer too.

Maybe Singularity 5 as well? It's kind of an indie Robo Recall (which was made Epic), similar theme, gameplay and slick graphics, but more opulent French art deco style.

e: Sairento is more arcadey than the other two, but it's not bad. Might make you sick though. It has some vague similarities to CP 2077, but without all the open-world RPG bits.

As mentioned Robo Recall is by Epic so it's quite polished compared to most VR games. Also only available on the Oculus store.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jun 5, 2022

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oovee posted:

For on the rail shooting, give Pistol Whip a try.

It's so good and makes my stupid rear end quite sweaty.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

It's so good and makes my stupid rear end quite sweaty.

This is also good to hear, I am turning into a fat gently caress and want something to help with exercise.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

This is also good to hear, I am turning into a fat gently caress and want something to help with exercise.

In order of exertion, i've been using beat saber, pistol whip, and synth riders

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

I said come in! posted:

Please immediately purchase Thrill of the Fight.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Got Pistol Whip on these recommendations and it's very fun.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Pistol Whip is probably my most played VR game. I just wish they would release some DLC or or something, gently caress. Just let me give you money for more content.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Nowher posted:

risk of rain 2. expansion came out very recently and it's just more fun, has multiplayer as well

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

njsykora posted:

AFAIK neither the Epic store and Steam have limitations on what VR runtimes games can support. Steam has some sort of tests to make sure the VR support works, but that is all.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Shine posted:

Please immediately purchase Thrill of the Fight.
I swear that game builds in some magic to make it a much better workout than you should get from pure cardio, my first few rounds knocked me on my rear end for days.

(local ADHD man shocked to find that gamifying a task in a way that holds his attention leads to be much more productive outcome)

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Can't for the life of me get Bigscreen to display video at at any decent resolution. This is true for any video file I've tried using the video player, 2d and 3d, or the trailers, or anything else. Everything around the screen looks fine.

I'm using an amd 6600xt through steamvr if that helps, don't know what settings I should use. Tried turning super sampling up but again this only really seems to affect anything but the screen.

Edit:
----

For noobs out there the best thing to try is turning off super sampling in steamvr and turning it on in bigscreen. Fixed it for me. Seems like a pretty glaring problem, I'd expect to see something like that documented on bigscreen's website or steam page or somewhere.

Nolgthorn fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXCiVqys6J8

This looks rough, but I think the idea of a mountain bike VR game is promising