Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Braksgirl posted:

Welcome to my life. Hair ties, friend. Learn to braid. I can’t stand having hair sticking to my neck so I put mine in a ballerina bun a lot of the time. You could make it a look.

My cousin hasn't cut his hair since before quarantine and he does exactly that when he needs to do something without his glorious locks getting in the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

School Practices Drill For When There’s Not An Active Shooter

wooof

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/OrganizerMemes/status/1533470798471565312?t=0Yglg4sWLKg5ejzHJhuo4A&s=19

I'll fully admit this could be the product of Real Sports' 60 Minutes style biased editing to convey their specific point, but it's really effective at conveying that point.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Is RE:Village any good? Seeing it for cheap right now

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

The Puppy Bowl posted:

https://twitter.com/OrganizerMemes/status/1533470798471565312?t=0Yglg4sWLKg5ejzHJhuo4A&s=19

I'll fully admit this could be the product of Real Sports' 60 Minutes style biased editing to convey their specific point, but it's really effective at conveying that point.

My wife had to go through a few different steps including ID verification and questions just to buy allergy meds from the pharmacy the other day.

Sure you can have a gun with ease, but don't go making meth with over the counter meds and harming my children!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Joey Freshwater posted:

The old 2004 flick? It's not bad.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Samadhi posted:

Installing a new storm door today. So begins the summer of home projects

I spent Friday morning laying down 390 square feet of sod to cover up the dirt that the previous owner had built his half-pipe on. Feels great, especially now seeing a forecast with a decent amount of rain to help water it.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Joey Freshwater posted:

Ya it's fun

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

ozymandius1024 posted:

My wife had to go through a few different steps including ID verification and questions just to buy allergy meds from the pharmacy the other day.

Sure you can have a gun with ease, but don't go making meth with over the counter meds and harming my children!

I had to show more documents and proof of residency to renew my drivers license a few weeks ago than it takes to buy a gun :america:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

fartknocker posted:

I had to show more documents and proof of residency to renew my drivers license a few weeks ago than it takes to buy a gun :america:

Yeah dude, because that license allows you to operate a motor vehicle, which is a lot of responsibility. Think of all the dangerous poo poo you could do with a car. Hell, you could even drive it to the gun store.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Joey Freshwater posted:

People generally like it less than Resident Evil 7, but also still like Village. They have different vibes.

I thought Village was pretty fun :)

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Yeah dude, because that license allows you to operate a motor vehicle, which is a lot of responsibility. Think of all the dangerous poo poo you could do with a car. Hell, you could even drive it to the gun store.

I drive in South Florida on a regular basis. That’s dangerous enough :v:

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Ornery and Hornery posted:

People generally like it less than Resident Evil 7, but also still like Village. They have different vibes.

I thought Village was pretty fun :)

I enjoyed it and normally don't like RE games. I enjoy the dark fairy tale motif and bosses.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

ozymandius1024 posted:

My anecdote on this is buying a handgun visibly hungover from my friends 21st birthday the night before. Need to be 21 in VA to buy a handgun so he wanted to go shopping the morning after. I was glancing around the room at the generic gun guys stocking up on firearms and thought to myself "If these are the kinds of people with guns I need something to protect myself." So there's a sale on some Smith and Wesson Glock knock off and the dude effectively sold me on buying it. Problem was I only had one form of ID, my license, and you need two. Well apparently that's not a problem since I can pay him 10 bucks for a permit to carry a gun in national parks which would count as ID. The permit is just a paragraph with a signature line on it on business card stock. I sign the permit, have my two forms of ID, and walk out of there with a pistol.

Dude also asked me if wanted target or safety rounds for ammunition. Apparently hollow points are synonymous with safety.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

pasaluki posted:

I enjoyed it and normally don't like RE games. I enjoy the dark fairy tale motif and bosses.

same! I loved 4, and really liked 7, but most of the others have been "meh" to me.

For village - only level I actively disliked like was the factory. And that was less about the quality of the map and more about the fact that it's so long and repetitive that it wears out its welcome.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Biiria trip report: absolutely amazing. I thought with like 7 Chilis in the recipe it would be hot but it was just nice and warming. Dipping them in the cooking liquid is pretty next level.

I had a little trouble loading up the tortillas too much and they tore trying to flip so I had to dial it back.

Got heaps left over so probably make a birria sandwich for dinner tomorrow. I saw a dude on YouTube toast the bread using the liquid in the pan and then melt the cheese and meat and chuck it on with lettuce and tomato. Seems like a winner.

OP these look delicious and I have had a birria recipe saved forever and have a stock of dried chili peppers I was looking for something to do with, so you have inspired me and I have just acquired some short rib. I can’t find any Oaxaca cheese though so I’m gonna have to run back out and just get a bag of chihuahua I guess

You have also inspired me to pick up some brioche baguettes for birria sandos for lunch tomorrow

Coco13 posted:

I spent Friday morning laying down 390 square feet of sod to cover up the dirt that the previous owner had built his half-pipe on. Feels great, especially now seeing a forecast with a decent amount of rain to help water it.

I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt that the previous owner took the half pipe with them otherwise it should have remained standing :colbert:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/formerlyfiz/status/1533496017517158402?s=21&t=Wu7YRJqOGGuT7EYpExxViw

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I actually thought cars were more dangerous than guns, but more people die from gun deaths than car deaths in the US (like 45,000 to 35,000). God we suck.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The Puppy Bowl posted:

My anecdote on this is buying a handgun visibly hungover from my friends 21st birthday the night before. Need to be 21 in VA to buy a handgun so he wanted to go shopping the morning after. I was glancing around the room at the generic gun guys stocking up on firearms and thought to myself "If these are the kinds of people with guns I need something to protect myself." So there's a sale on some Smith and Wesson Glock knock off and the dude effectively sold me on buying it. Problem was I only had one form of ID, my license, and you need two. Well apparently that's not a problem since I can pay him 10 bucks for a permit to carry a gun in national parks which would count as ID. The permit is just a paragraph with a signature line on it on business card stock. I sign the permit, have my two forms of ID, and walk out of there with a pistol.

Dude also asked me if wanted target or safety rounds for ammunition. Apparently hollow points are synonymous with safety.

I think they consider them safety rounds since they expand in your target and won’t go through them into your wife/child/a teacher/a cashier etc as you go full-on good guy with a gun on someone.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Weird request: I'm flying into St. Louis Tuesday, and meeting a coworker there who's flying in from a different state. His flight arrives 2-3 hours after mine, and we're carpooling to Jefferson City afterwards.

What can I do for a couple of hours in St. Louis? I'm thinking just getting a nice dinner or something - so if theres any suggestions im all for it. He's gonna pick me up once he lands and gets his car.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

seiferguy posted:

Weird request: I'm flying into St. Louis Tuesday, and meeting a coworker there who's flying in from a different state. His flight arrives 2-3 hours after mine, and we're carpooling to Jefferson City afterwards.

What can I do for a couple of hours in St. Louis? I'm thinking just getting a nice dinner or something - so if theres any suggestions im all for it. He's gonna pick me up once he lands and gets his car.

If you had longer I'd suggest the St. Louis Zoo or botanical gardens which are really nice. STL has a really cool art museum and an aquarium too.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not the hugest St. Louis fan but if I had two hours to kill it would be micro breweries for me.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm not a gun guy, so I could be completely wrong, but I think hollow points are less likely to go through solid objects like a wall or whatever so if like you're defending against an intruder and miss you're less likely to kill your neighbor who's outside mowing the lawn.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hollowpoints will still go through like a bunch of interior walls if it's all dry wall. Second it hits something thicker then that though it'll stop.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

seiferguy posted:

find the greasiest smelliest drippiest bbq joint you can

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Make increasingly strained "Meet Me In St. Louie" references to your coworker.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ornery and Hornery posted:

find the greasiest smelliest drippiest bbq joint you can

That's a bit risky if you got a long car trip afterwards

Deliciously risky

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Kalli posted:

Hollowpoints will still go through like a bunch of interior walls if it's all dry wall. Second it hits something thicker then that though it'll stop.

Hollow point are more damaging against people though, causing a lot of tissue damage when they "expand".

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Well Season 3 of The Boys gets off to a strong start 😳

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Yeah, but the point of bullets is to kill whatever you're shooting at, so not doing that doesn't make them "safer"

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

Hollow point are more damaging against people though, causing a lot of tissue damage when they "expand".

Calling them “safety” rounds is so hilariously dystopian.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Kudos to friend of the family Kyle (not that one) for joining the Aggie Network.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

That's a bit risky if you got a long car trip afterwards

Deliciously risky

Precisely :getin:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

seiferguy posted:

Go to the microbreweries. There’s a ton and they’re all pretty good. Do not eat any IMO’s pizza. It’s loving garbage.

When you’re in Jefferson City, there is a place in the mall called Fuji that has the best hibachi calamari I’ve ever had. I would recommend trying it. There’s an Irish bar near the capital that has great fish and chips and Guinness on nitro. Oh and Arris’ pizza or cafe. Both those spots are delicious.

E: check the traffic on 70. It may be faster to take 50 to Jeff than 70 if there’s any backup.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

No Butt Stuff posted:

Go to the microbreweries. There’s a ton and they’re all pretty good. Do not eat any IMO’s pizza. It’s loving garbage.

When you’re in Jefferson City, there is a place in the mall called Fuji that has the best hibachi calamari I’ve ever had. I would recommend trying it. There’s an Irish bar near the capital that has great fish and chips and Guinness on nitro. Oh and Arris’ pizza or cafe. Both those spots are delicious.

E: check the traffic on 70. It may be faster to take 50 to Jeff than 70 if there’s any backup.

I'll probably hit up a microbrewery afterwards. If I'm going to Missouri I'm probably not gonna get any pizza lol.

Sadly I won't be spending much time in Jefferson City, since I'm there for a day, then have to head back to StL the next day to catch a flight to Pittsburgh. Then i catch a flight to Charlotte the day after then drive to South Carolina. I'm visiting friends in Charlotte afterward.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

You can get some toasted ravioli somewhere

It’s a St Louis tradition!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The cafe is Greek food.

I haven’t been to Jeff in like 9 years but I did live there for 4 or 5.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

General Dog posted:

Kudos to friend of the family Kyle (not that one) for joining the Aggie Network.

Maybe he can kill off a few of them while he's there.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1533537092126576643?t=fTEgSJXV85DirDEAAvFwVw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Joey Freshwater posted:

Well Season 3 of The Boys gets off to a strong start 😳

Too dark in several episodes. the timothy thing and Homelander forcing the girl to jump to her death were just... too dark.