Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Nuts and Bolts was hella fun though. Vehicle creation and a just janky enough physics engine.

Yooka-Laylee was evidence in favour of Banjo Kazooie never being good in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Samovar posted:

Yooka-Laylee was evidence in favour of Banjo Kazooie never being good in the first place.

Not to derail but I liked both games just fine, and I didn't grow up with the latter. There were spots that needed fixing for sure but they were never deal breakers.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

TheMostFrench posted:

I'm dreamt I'm me? In the old west.

Hahahhahhaha

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

lol

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I can't stop laughing and I also can't explain to anybody nearby why this is funny,

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

In Radio Bart when the canary dies I always thought Willie yells “ghosts!” before they run out. Turns out he was saying “gas” which I guess makes more sense but ghosts is funnier.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Hyrax Attack! posted:

In Radio Bart when the canary dies I always thought Willie yells “ghosts!” before they run out. Turns out he was saying “gas” which I guess makes more sense but ghosts is funnier.

Good to know I’m not alone.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That is funnier, which is why I have decided to pretend that is the joke from now on

Just like Ralph being a Viking at sleeping

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I have no explanation for why, but that caused this scene to immediately pop into my head.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

Good to know I’m not alone.

Rewatching that scene I think what threw me is the pan down with all the sight gags like the dinosaur and UFO skeletons creating the mindset the digging crew is hitting lots of supernatural stuff. Plus being a dumb kid who didn't know anything about mine gas safety.

My less defensible misinterpretation was the soap opera "Search for the Sun" where I thought the scene was taking place on a distant space colony where they were searching for a real sun, and Apricot One was their domed agriculture base. Like I said, dumb kid.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

holy poo poo

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If I mysteriously stop posting 2/3 of the way through psalms and don't come back for months, assume the rona got me.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Doggles posted:

I have no explanation for why, but that caused this scene to immediately pop into my head.

I've watched every episode of both versions of Ghosts and they're both good

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Rewatching that scene I think what threw me is the pan down with all the sight gags like the dinosaur and UFO skeletons creating the mindset the digging crew is hitting lots of supernatural stuff. Plus being a dumb kid who didn't know anything about mine gas safety.

My less defensible misinterpretation was the soap opera "Search for the Sun" where I thought the scene was taking place on a distant space colony where they were searching for a real sun, and Apricot One was their domed agriculture base. Like I said, dumb kid.

I’ve heard both “ghosts!” and “goats!”. I enjoy both.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Those are both very kid logic and honestly the small town drama on a generation ship sounds like a show I'd almost watch

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

super sweet best pal posted:

If I mysteriously stop posting 2/3 of the way through psalms and don't come back for months, assume the rona got me.

thoughts and selahs

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Those are both very kid logic and honestly the small town drama on a generation ship sounds like a show I'd almost watch

Then have I got a show for you!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Boy have I got an Australian children's television show for you

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0419367/

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Jestery posted:

Boy have I got an Australian children's television show for you

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0419367/

The main character is named Tane, I’ve been told that’s supposed to be funny.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

From the Bitcoin thread.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/simpsoncrapmeme/status/1533144955555926017

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

:dudsmile:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

holy moley

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
:eyepop:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Not available in certain states.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Childless adults going to itchy & scratchy land is cringe 😬

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Well there is Parent Island...

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Yes, this should provide adequate sustenance for our decades in the wilderness

Heavy_D fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jun 5, 2022

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/simpsoncrapmeme/status/1532748655677022208?t=8J7nXgPEwIy4lWZpolMFzw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009