Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
Despite never having played heresy or even a 1000+ point game of 40k I ordered the dang box. The warham community hype train got me.

Guess I gotta pick a legion now. Anecdotally it seems traitor legions are way popular. Does that shut you out from playing against other traitor legions or does the game somehow allow for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

There's nothing stopping you from playing Traitors vs. Traitors or Loyalists vs. Loyalists.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
Do the different wings of the HexagraHexgrammatonmaton have unique iconograpy? And if so are there transfers available for them?

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
All of my MkIII bodies went into my Thousand Sons; I'm worried the mkVI bodies I have coming in the Age of Darkness box won't be chunky enough for the 1st Legion =(

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bored Online posted:

Despite never having played heresy or even a 1000+ point game of 40k I ordered the dang box. The warham community hype train got me.

Guess I gotta pick a legion now. Anecdotally it seems traitor legions are way popular. Does that shut you out from playing against other traitor legions or does the game somehow allow for that?

It's official GW policy that while the majority of each legion followed its primarch, there were elements of every legion that fought on the opposite side. I imagine that unless you're doing a narrative or crusade game nobody's going to police your choice of legion or allegiance of your army.

Maybe take a peek at the Goonhammer reviews for the Liber Astartes/Hereticus and see what grabs your fancy.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

It used to be that Word Bearers could never be loyalists, but that restriction has disappeared with the new edition.

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
Yeah, Loyalist Word Bearers (as a complete order of battle - there was at least one in the Knights Errant and I'm sure there are a few poor sods here and there attached to predation fleets that were just forgotten about when it came time for the internal purges) were basically the only combination that didn't happen in the fiction. The largest reverse loyalty was probably a rumored Great Company of the VIth that bore the Serpent's Eye and ravaged a system, starting with military targets before moving down to civilians (book four, page something).

Commissar Canuck
Aug 5, 2008

They made fun of us! And it's Stanley Cup season!

Has there been any information about running a shattered legions army?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Afaik, not a peep yet about Shattered Legions, Blackshields, Militia, SoAux... Aside from references in ally rules and such.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

With their commitment to older and discontinued models coming across in a free pdf (idk why they wouldn't just print them in the rulebook whatever) I'd be surprised if Imperial Army, Blackshields, and Shattered Legions wouldn't come back in their own Liber book later on.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
I already have large World Eaters and Iron Warriors forces, so I think my next one will be loyalist. I can't decide between Blood Angels and Salamanders...

But something about the Dark Angels now has me interested...but I've been painting a bunch of Black Templars and this feels like repeating that.

I'm completely paralyzed.

Someone get TallKidWithGlasses in here to post some Dark Angels.

GreenMarine fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jun 5, 2022

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Looks like I missed out on preordering the kratos tank yesterday, only logged in 20 minutes after it opened up as well! A bit bummed, but also excited to see the game appears to be drumming up interest.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

GreenMarine posted:

I already have large World Eaters and Iron Warriors forces, so I think my next one will be loyalist. I can't decide between Blood Angels and Salamanders...

But something about the Dark Angels now has me interested...but I've been painting a bunch of Black Templars and this feels like repeating that.

Go Sallys and you can work towards your own big Dropsite Massacre diorama.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

GreenMarine posted:

Ah, the two nice Primarchs.

Sallies probably play the most differently from your existing armies, and you don't have to paint red (a lot of people seem to complain about red), so there!

Also, the Pyroclasts look fukken sick.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Also the Salamanders have stronger Flamethrowers which, at least for me, is the reason to do them as my loyalist :dukedog:

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Deofuta posted:

Looks like I missed out on preordering the kratos tank yesterday, only logged in 20 minutes after it opened up as well! A bit bummed, but also excited to see the game appears to be drumming up interest.

Fair warning, they’re going to be difficult to get from you FLGS as well - retailers are limited to ordering one Kratos per FOUR boxed sets they order. Something tells me they’re going to be a lot of them on eBay for ridiculous prices.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
How do people usually paint AL's rewards of treachery units?

Original legion colors (hidden hydra optional) or are there iridescent blue/green siege tyrants?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Original legion colors (hidden hydra optional) or are there iridescent blue/green siege tyrants?

Just do what you think is right.

It's Alpha Legion, both ways are fine.

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Depends on the player, every XXth player has their own preference. I'm in the camp of 'using the techniques and special equipment of other Legions' so I prefer converting an Alpha Legion version, rather than just buying the kit and painting it like the parent Legion.

Yes this does take longer, why do you ask?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Yvonmukluk posted:

It's official GW policy that while the majority of each legion followed its primarch, there were elements of every legion that fought on the opposite side. I imagine that unless you're doing a narrative or crusade game nobody's going to police your choice of legion or allegiance of your army.

Maybe take a peek at the Goonhammer reviews for the Liber Astartes/Hereticus and see what grabs your fancy.

Traitor Salamanders? Heresy!

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

ijyt posted:

With their commitment to older and discontinued models coming across in a free pdf (idk why they wouldn't just print them in the rulebook whatever) I'd be surprised if Imperial Army, Blackshields, and Shattered Legions wouldn't come back in their own Liber book later on.

I'm assuming just getting the two marine books out was enough stress for the team, and the PDF will be "we hastily put together something so use at your own risks and perils" until stuff can get properly updated.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Deofuta posted:

They should be available again for order within the two week preorder period if you click the ‘notify me’ button; they’re doing a hybrid made-to-order thing where they’re producing more based on demand, but it might mean there’s a longer lead time before your particular one ships

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

My #1 goal for 2.0 is to make 101 attacks with a World Eaters Despoiler squad. [Post] your Game Goals.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
Murderize Leman Russ with Horus Ascended and a Justaeran boyfriends squad.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

panascope posted:

My #1 goal for 2.0 is to make 101 attacks with a World Eaters Despoiler squad. [Post] your Game Goals.

Do literally anything useful with Fulgrim in a game.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I just hope me and my opponent have fun :^)

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That's not the spirit.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Count Thrashula posted:

That’s hosed up

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Count Thrashula posted:

MODS

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.
My goal is to kill a Primarch with a Stormseer lightning bolt.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Use my Xiphon to make sure that the Storm Eagle my buddy just painted never gets to do anything other than crash.

Endman
May 18, 2010

panascope posted:

Play this dumb dead game for the first time in five years :v:

Secondary goal: make honk honk noises as I drive my new plastic Deimos Rhino around the table with ten twelve idiot morons in it

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I really love the look of the new beakies but all of my favorite legions seem to explicitly hate MKVI armor in the fluff lol. Iron Warriors, Death Guard, and World Eaters just look wrong in it.

Beerdeer posted:

gently caress yeah

edit: ffffffuck this may have just changed my mind lol. I think those helmets are technically meant to be MKIV but honestly they look beakie-ish enough to work.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 6, 2022

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Table everyone mercilessly, every single game.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I really love the look of the new beakies but all of my favorite legions seem to explicitly hate MKVI armor in the fluff lol. Iron Warriors, Death Guard, and World Eaters just look wrong in it.

Shark mouths on looted beaky heads seems pretty good.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Forgeworld seems to agree, given the general trend of the MkVI head sets.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

gently caress yeah

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

panascope posted:

[Post] your Game Goals.

To defeat a traitor Primarch using a generic character imbued with my own personal narrative.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Ok, i did it. I’m weak. I bought some HH stuff. Now I need good custom Alpha Legion heads and shoulder pads - where do I look that’s not FW?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Forgeworld seems to agree, given the general trend of the MkVI head sets.

I wonder if they plan on doing them for all of the legions eventually? They do look rad as hell so far and I'd love to see what they come up with for the others.