Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Chieves posted:

Was that the same episode where Brian has sex with his father? And there's something like an uninterrupted 5 minute sequence of Brian throwing up at the thought of having sex with someone who's trans?

Yep, that's the one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Shindragon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUvHDFzk7E0

This song gets stuck in my head alot.

A sight for sore eyes to the blind would be awful MAJEEEEESTICCCCC...

I was just thinking about this the other day and could not remember the name of the episode

Between this and My Morning Jacket I really admire their dedication to platforming bands that they really like

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Data Graham posted:

I'll admit I couldn't make it past the first season. It just seemed like the McFarlane Show Extruder-mo-tron had rotated 30 degrees and shat out another cast.

Everyone loves it though so I guess it is I who am out of touch.

Nah, you're not out of touch, it's just one of those shows where the first season isn't so great and it takes a while to evolve into something really good.

Check out season 16 if you have any desire to see what the show eventually becomes, there are good seasons way before that but season 16 has some of my all time favorite episodes including Rabbit Ears, Wild Women Do, Stompe Le Monde, Hamerican Dad!, Enter Stanman, No Weddings and a Funeral, and Eight Fires so I tell people to start there. Like, if you watch all of those episodes and still don't like the show then its just not for you and that's fine

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Shindragon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUvHDFzk7E0

This song gets stuck in my head alot.

A sight for sore eyes to the blind would be awful MAJEEEEESTICCCCC...

That whole episode is just so good. It's extremely heartfelt and full of great jokes at the same time.

It's also so detached from the usual American Dad setup that it almost feels like a short film.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Update on Helluva Boss season 2!

https://twitter.com/IMPmurderpros/status/1532884688414486528?t=93QSaO-nD4nXQkZfn8b-ww&s=19

Real excited! I really hope everything gets sorted out for ep 8, though. Vivienne had posted a broken heart emoji on twitter the other night so I'm guessing this is what that's about

https://twitter.com/the_ratbus/status/1532888093178662912?t=ATtn_KDK93n2g-iRmjmF2g&s=19

A couple crew members, including one of the lead writers Liked this tweet so I'm betting they're right on the money. That sucks so hard, to be working your rear end off on something for 3/4 of a year only to get "yeah...no"ed by your legal department

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm curious what the episode is that you can just skip right over it and still be fine because the last episode kind of leaves you with some drama that kind of feels like it needs resolution.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Maybe like a Bojack Horseman-style wind down episode-- all the big emotional beats happened in the previous episode and the last episode of the season is more of a epilogue/set-up for the next season.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
That explains why all the animators for that show were making fun of whiny and entitled fans on Twitter all day, lol

“It’s literally free you idiots, shut up”

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

It sucks they have to put up with that at all, though. I can't understand fans that treat the creators like obstacles when the crew wants you to see this poo poo just as badly as you do.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

So are they just not doing the hotel thing anymore?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Warbird posted:

So are they just not doing the hotel thing anymore?

They are, it's still in production. Probably still pre production. Viv has been periodically posting updates of the character designs although none of them are drastically different than the pilot. I still don't like the main character's pikachu cheeks

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
<sigh>

https://twitter.com/thechaseconley/status/1496149738898567179

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
lol what the gently caress is that cyber arm

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

He grows up to be Doomfist from Overwatch.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

TwoPair posted:

My guess is it's supposed to be a new version of that taser glove thing he had in one or two episodes of the original show

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

My guess is it's supposed to be a new version of that taser glove thing he had in one or two episodes of the original show

I mean that's what I figured but it going all the way up the arm to where it looks fully robotic is dumb as hell.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

this is badass

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TwoPair posted:

IIRC the pitch for the reboot was a little weird with Uncle Ruckus becoming a fascist dictator who rules over their town with an iron fist.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TwoPair posted:

https://twitter.com/TheChaseConley/status/1496473312356352002

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

IIRC the pitch for the reboot was a little weird with Uncle Ruckus becoming a fascist dictator who rules over their town with an iron fist.

I guess that would be the natural followup to the weird last season with the on and off plot of Ruckus getting into politics.

Adult Swim's been rerunning the last season and they had the episode about the Antebellum America amusement park on, and I was struck by how lazy and lifeless the big Huey fight in it felt compared to something like the Oprah episode (with the taser glove) or the movie theater episode. That whole season was just out of gas from the start.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Season 4 was really really terrible. It's kinda why i was hoping the reboot would be like Season 1 or 2. But that will never ever happen.

Ever.

Because we can never get GOOD things.

Thanks Sony.

cartoons123
Nov 7, 2013

Shindragon posted:

Season 4 was really really terrible. It's kinda why i was hoping the reboot would be like Season 1 or 2. But that will never ever happen.

Ever.

Because we can never get GOOD things.

Thanks Sony.

Honestly while Sony can be blamed for lots of things, the Boondocks Reboot sounded like it was doomed to fail the second we lost John Witherspoon. Behind the scenes, it was implied his grandson would take over the voice but then he came out later and (in his words) said they sorta strung him along before deciding not to hire him, and they never found someone to replace him. Then add to that the tragic loss of Regina King’s son, so the likelihood of her feeling up to record was up in the air, it all adds up

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Macaluso posted:

They are, it's still in production. Probably still pre production. Viv has been periodically posting updates of the character designs although none of them are drastically different than the pilot. I still don't like the main character's pikachu cheeks

They're not pikachu cheeks, she (and her father) are meant to evoke imagery of porcelain dolls/vaudeville puppets and that's the blush painted on their ceramic faces. It's intentionally inhuman because all the Angels (in the pilot at least) were intended to come across as lacking life. They're robots and dolls instead of flesh and blood, the extermination angels for example are quite literally robotic terminators.

Basically she looks like a puppet/jigsaw mask/doll because she and Lucifer still have angelic forms.

Notably, when her demonic side is let out in the pilot the horns literally tear through the top of her head.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I mean that's all well and good. I still do not like it

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I like the thought put in there and you keying us in, but them’s pikachu cheeks, yo.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/shhhhhionn/status/1534702862541852673?t=6kWl0PhYDtqNjeyzJcP5mA&s=19

Aw man, I was sure Inside Job got swept up along with the rest of the cancellations.

e: also some fresh S1 part 2 footage:

https://twitter.com/NetflixGeeked/status/1534680171718000640?t=Pc9mHjlWS6TPWC4-EptT7Q&s=19

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jun 9, 2022

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Honestly, I think they had a larger episode order that got split into 2 seasons so they were always gonna get it

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Xelkelvos posted:

Honestly, I think they had a larger episode order that got split into 2 seasons so they were always gonna get it

The first season was split into two blocks, the second of which is premiering soon, but they also have been renewed for a second season.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Honestly I'm shocked that it survived, but I'm curious how production will work, since that one article basically described the animation building as having been taken over for generic executive offices.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

Honestly I'm shocked that it survived, but I'm curious how production will work, since that one article basically described the animation building as having been taken over for generic executive offices.

I'm pretty sure the animators will just play through, like on a golf course.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
New Castlevania has been officially announced hell yes yes yes

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I just want to see Simon beat the ever loving snot out of Dracula, kill him, raise him from the dead, and then stunlock him with a jar of holy water.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
And then kiss

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s about Richter

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s about Richter

Yeah, but Simon is Richter's ancestor so the whole beating up and kissing Dracula stuff has to be shown at least briefly via a flashback in the first episode so the audience can get all caught up with the established lore of the franchise.

In all seriousness I'm really looking forward to seeing this. I must once again express irritation and regret over Netflix poo poo canning their whole animation department even though animated programs are regularly the best things they make.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Maybe it’s just that their own animation studios make bad…

Wait Bojack Horseman was the best animated series of the last decade and won critical and audience acclaim for years, you say?

Ah, well, never the less

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Madurai posted:

I think I actually prefer Brian that way compared to the Macfarlane's Self-Insert Mouthpiece Character he started out as.

Yea Brian being a pretentious loser who constantly fails is funnier than Brian being the voice of reason. And Quagmire being a fussy old man aggrieved by all the obnoxious behavior of his friends is funnier than him being a rapist.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

Yea Brian being a pretentious loser who constantly fails is funnier than Brian being the voice of reason. And Quagmire being a fussy old man aggrieved by all the obnoxious behavior of his friends is funnier than him being a rapist.

I just feel a ton of whiplash with his character because it's hard to forget all those seasons he spent being The Sex Pest.

I don't blame them for dropping that bit, it's just also weird because I feel like the showrunners also want you to forget about it?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
They’ve done multiple episodes about Quagmires past coming back to haunt him and asking forgiveness for his trespasses, they just can’t make “I used to rape all the time” into a long running bit like making Stevie a pervert or Lois a lazy bad mom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Was their a inshow reason for the change?