Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

It's still the best of the major streaming services rn in terms of quality new content even despite this loss, tbh

Barry, Gentleman Jack, The Baby and The Staircase ongoing
We Own This City, Hacks, Close Enough, The Flight Attendant and Made For Love just ended
Irma Vep premieres Monday
Harley Quinn returns soon
Peacemaker and Jellystone! got renewed

If I had Netflix I'd definitely cancel it before I even considered doing it to HBO Max. Sucks that this is one less reason to keep it, but there's still a lot of reasons for me to stay

very true but none of that has/had the week-to-week viewing hooks in me so I'll probably just go back to waiting for a while then getting a month or two and binging the shows I missed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
How could Barry not hook you week to week?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Cojawfee posted:

A shame that Powers Boothe had died before they were able to make the movie.

"If those were your last words here on Earth, you tell the Lord you went out stupid."

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
The door that finally opens
With light flooding in
Spilling out on the floor
The core that never was
Now it will be
The bones of what was there before
Every step, every beat
Every thought, every breath
Everything Is longing
Every wind, every wave
Every sky, every cloud
Every grave
Is longing

:(

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Is this thread being sincere? I haven't watched the second season I'm still confused about the first one, was the second one not a garbage fire? What's going on here?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Is this thread being sincere? I haven't watched the second season I'm still confused about the first one, was the second one not a garbage fire? What's going on here?

Mods!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Eat the fruit

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

It's our garbage fire, and it's beautiful.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I just want Grandmother to devolve me to make the pain go away.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

DropsySufferer posted:

The door that finally opens
With light flooding in
Spilling out on the floor
The core that never was
Now it will be
The bones of what was there before
Every step, every beat
Every thought, every breath
Everything Is longing
Every wind, every wave
Every sky, every cloud
Every grave
Is longing

:(
That really is up there as one of the best show openers, such great lyrics/poetry.

Also with the other lines about longing pulling you from the sky/ground, just like love will do.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 4, 2022

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHyq5UCVh4w

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
Season 2 ended by (in my eyes) completely proving that they had a thorough story bible. So of course it gets cancelled.

I have good hopes for the renewal campaign, I just wish they'd fellated capital more in the story, like The Expanse did.

**Like, just for comparison, The Expanse books came out when Bezos was the richest, and they devoted a full paragraph to how the richest man in the solar system letting himself go bald was actually a show of power.

Cheston fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jun 4, 2022

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hopefully this show is resuscitated like the spooky mummy man down in the subterranean dodecahedron hideout.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Someone donate 15 billion dollars to me and by sol I'll produce this show for another three seasons.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Season 2 was awesome as gently caress. I at least am totally sincere when I say I loved it and I am sad the show is canceled.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

emanresu tnuocca posted:

As someone who wasn’t really feeling season 1 until the finale, I adored season 2 and its ramping insanity from the start all the way through. So I guess it’d depend on your thoughts on the s1 finale, if you loved that you’ll love this and if it turned you off completely your mind wouldn’t be changed by this

If Prometheus and Covenant were like this I’d have changed my mind on those films being trash. Count me in on hoping the plans for a third season get revealed, even if we can’t watch it I’d love to know where it was gonna go

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

im so depressed

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Season 1 left you with good questions and season 2 gave amazing answers and even better questions.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Khanstant posted:

Season 1 left you with good questions and season 2 gave amazing answers and even better questions.

This is true
If it had to go out not on the creator's terms, it's better to go this way unresolved rather than compromised and work-shopped into whatever bland loving gruel the HBO execs apparently would prefer it to be

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
it was a very fun show. shame Lamia is vacuum sealed forever now

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

it was a very fun show. shame Lamia is vacuum sealed forever now

she'll still be fresh if we ever get to see her again

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

she'll still be fresh if we ever get to see her again

if she wasn't we could just rehydrate her with milk anyway

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

If they have it all planned out, they could put out as an audiobook drama. I would settle for that, if I had to.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
If you think about it, though, Lamia being foreverially tied up and veilitized while the last humans are gradually transformed into acid dophins is actually a totally suitable ending to the series.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

If you think about it, though, Lamia being foreverially tied up and veilitized while the last humans are gradually transformed into acid dophins is actually a totally suitable ending to the series.

yeah thats fine but what about marcus!!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Sometimes she howls.

DrThief
Jan 6, 2001

CODChimera posted:

yeah thats fine but what about marcus!!
He's upside down, raining blood on unsuspecting passerby. Forever.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

well, poo poo
goodbye milky androids
goodbye snek
goodbye ragnar

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

DrThief posted:

He's upside down, raining blood on unsuspecting passerby. Forever.

I was hoping for a Spider-man kiss between upside down T-Man and Mother.

:mad:

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Well now I guess I'm just going to hope WestWorld discovers that milk is an acceptable substitute for robot blood.

Honestly with how crazy that show got I could totally see it turning into a Raised by Wolves prequel.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Solenna posted:

Well now I guess I'm just going to hope WestWorld discovers that milk is an acceptable substitute for robot blood.

Honestly with how crazy that show got I could totally see it turning into a Raised by Wolves prequel.

Westworld androids are literally made in a pool of milk!

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Westworld, Prometheus, Aliens, Raised by Wolves, Bladerunner, Total Recall and, oddly enough, Man In The High Castle are a shared universe.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Yeah I gotta be honest. The second season was a hot mess, it was just all over the place with no answers and the CGI looked like garbage. Sorry.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
I’m not prepared to disagree completely, but I will say that everything the show does wrong makes me like it more.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I can understand loving something that is batshit crazy and evey week makes you go "wtf did I just just watch" but at the same time that kinda show is just not going to build an audience.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The CG looked good and if all you ever reacted to was "wtf did I just watch" idk maybe you're the kind of person [show] explained videos are for

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I don't think the big picture plot of Raised by Wolves was/is that complicated. The events of every episode are crazy, but it's fun to roll with it.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
going to miss Father's jokes he had yet to tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Is there a particular department or branch office of Big Milk™ that we can contact to enlist their help in getting a season three?