Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Balon posted:

What do y’all want me to yell at the CAG today

Commander is the most expensive it's ever been. From the increased MSRP for precons, to casual card buyouts, to the year-over-year inflation of staples. This coincides with an absolute flood of content creation leading to the most informed player base in history. This ultimately means the barrier of entry to the format, from casual to competitive, has been raised significantly, and Wizards of the Coast's production schedule shows no sign of addressing this. Since we've been told directly, from Sheldon himself, that the CAG has worked to make this problem worse by colluding with WotC to not reprint needed cards in the precons, what makes you qualified stewards of a format that you have actively gatekept potential players out of by making this hobby a more expensive luxury during a time of global economic instability?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Johnny Truant posted:

Thank you to everyone for all the tips and tricks for Queza/BB! What exactly does "conquest Queza" mean, though?

Conquest is a slightly different more competitive format with a much larger banlist.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Wasn't sure if Post Malone would still interact with Joe after the IHYD split, but I guess that answers that.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

At least with Joe it's possible he like... learned a lesson about being an overcompetitive douchebag in friendly games, and as much as that's being a dick it's still relatively tame compared to what the other jackass did.

Honestly he really dodged a bullet getting kicked off IHYD when he did, let's hope he turns over a new leaf. If he doesn't, then gently caress him.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I got a Zur, from when I bought a coldsnap bof as a teen, I could probably make a busted deck with that guy.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

I got a Zur, from when I bought a coldsnap bof as a teen, I could probably make a busted deck with that guy.

Put Solemnity in there and cheat Decree of Silence into play somehow. Maybe make it some sort of Astral Slide deck.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Another quick Beamtown Bullies clarification: if I use its ability to give someone Silt Crawler, for example, the "you" in its text of "When Silt Crawler comes into play, tap all lands you control." counts for the player I gave it to, yeah?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

Another quick Beamtown Bullies clarification: if I use its ability to give someone Silt Crawler, for example, the "you" in its text of "When Silt Crawler comes into play, tap all lands you control." counts for the player I gave it to, yeah?

Yes

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I really should make another Zur deck and just use it as Necropotence in the command zone. Fuckin' love Necropotence.

I have seen a comedy "Voltron" Zur deck before. It was bad, but it was at least a different take.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
I yelled all your things at my friends

https://twitter.com/cmdrmechanic/status/1533338713027072000?s=21&t=YTfbYK3nnTVtI3Gl8XmXMQ

https://twitter.com/jimtsf/status/1532520534507810819?s=21&t=YTfbYK3nnTVtI3Gl8XmXMQ

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Thanks! Sorry for all the basic rear end questions :buddy:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Aranan posted:

I really should make another Zur deck and just use it as Necropotence in the command zone. Fuckin' love Necropotence.

I have seen a comedy "Voltron" Zur deck before. It was bad, but it was at least a different take.

That's the one I have right now lol. I just had a bunch of old bad cards and improvised a commander deck to play with my friends. So I do have a Zur deck, it's just a bad one.

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/HYD4SfSRqUGQCdKnWYfEwg

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

What was the response to this?

Toshimo posted:

Commander is the most expensive it's ever been. From the increased MSRP for precons, to casual card buyouts, to the year-over-year inflation of staples. This coincides with an absolute flood of content creation leading to the most informed player base in history. This ultimately means the barrier of entry to the format, from casual to competitive, has been raised significantly, and Wizards of the Coast's production schedule shows no sign of addressing this. Since we've been told directly, from Sheldon himself, that the CAG has worked to make this problem worse by colluding with WotC to not reprint needed cards in the precons, what makes you qualified stewards of a format that you have actively gatekept potential players out of by making this hobby a more expensive luxury during a time of global economic instability?

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Aranan posted:

My how the times have changed, lol.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Wasn't sure if Post Malone would still interact with Joe after the IHYD split, but I guess that answers that.

I’m not familiar, what happened?

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I got a bunch of games in this weekend with my Arcades deck and it's pretty solid. Played against Anhelo / Simic / vampire tribal / Atraxa / pillow fort and managed to not come last which is great in my book haha.

Made some tweaks and I think it's gonna be super fun for next week:

https://archidekt.com/decks/2804408#Arcades_1.3

Basically the win cons are either:

1. Get Arcades out, keep him a live while I play walls to beat people down
2. Get Aluren or Cloudstone Curio out and get serious draw advantage with Arcades
3. Get both out, draw everything you want, and swing for a ton of damage with your entire deck

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Aranan posted:

I did play cEDH Zur for a while and that's really the core of the deck lol

I have been thinking about a more casual Zur where I use him to slam down weird enchantments.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

A friend of mine made a Zur deck that was exclusively the enchantments that do poo poo with cycling and cards with cycling. It wasn't good but it was very fun when played alongside other notgood decks

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
A lot of just general toxic play behavior, crying when he lost, breaking deals. Basically just being 'that guy'.

Though, to my knowledge, he never doxxed critics that gave him bad reviews so it's not like Post can claim a moral high ground.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Framboise posted:

I have been thinking about a more casual Zur where I use him to slam down weird enchantments.

I had a Shimmer Zur deck for a bit and that's when I realized I am too dumb to play manual storm decks. :)

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Aranan posted:

I had a Shimmer Zur deck for a bit and that's when I realized I am too dumb to play manual storm decks. :)

On the bright side, pretty sure today's Zur just finds a way to slam down Thoracle like every other dimir and dimir-adjacent deck does, no manual storm needed

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Framboise posted:

Spirit Mirror and Unnatural Selection

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Can anyone recommend a fun Pauper EDH deck?

Friends want to add this to the rotation

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Heath posted:

Spirit Mirror and Unnatural Selection

Nifty, but Zur can't fetch up the Spirit Mirror, sadly. I'll need to try that combo sometime though.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

I play Bear’s Companion, I make infinite bears and then gave them all haste

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

My playgroup includes Juri, Tetsuko Umezawa, Abomination of Llanowar, Guttersnipe, Slimefoot, Goblin Matron, Rocco, Miara/Numa, Valduk, Killian, and a couple others. Plus whatever degenerate Baldur's Gate nonsense gets brought this week on pauper day. I know someone's making Halsin. I'm probably building Wilson.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Nystral posted:

What was the response to this?

I didn’t yell at my friends what do you think I am, a sociopath?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Balon posted:

I didn’t yell at my friends what do you think I am, a sociopath?

Posted on the somethingawful.com forums

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

A lot of just general toxic play behavior, crying when he lost, breaking deals. Basically just being 'that guy'.

Though, to my knowledge, he never doxxed critics that gave him bad reviews so it's not like Post can claim a moral high ground.

Downplaying the strength of decks in order to steamroll, pretty much taking it personally if you attacked him or prevented his poo poo from going off.

As far as I can tell Joe still does that sort of poo poo, an episode of Elder Dragon Hikinks with Oliva G-H, and AliasV, everyone playing some fun type jank and Joe comes in with some High Powered Casual/possibly CEDH deck.

I mean for me in that image it's more telling that Rachel Weeks is there than Post. As far as, on the surface, of who you're willing to associate yourself with.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Jiro posted:

I mean for me in that image it's more telling that Rachel Weeks is there than Post. As far as, on the surface, of who you're willing to associate yourself with.

What's the drama/controversy there?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
With all due respect, Rachel Weeks might just not be involved in the nitty gritty of online enough to know that Joe got kicked off IHYD for being a toxic shithead that bullied Patreon subscribers, because it really wasn’t even half as big a deal as Lynch extorting his guests and harassing his abuse victims with fake apologies. I still wouldn’t watch Joe’s channel.

Maybe just watch one of the other 50 non-toxic EDH channels out there? Rachel & Alias V have their own channel and a podcast I think, you’ve got options.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

coelomate posted:

What's the drama/controversy there?

Very short version: Joe left IHYD for what seemed to be creative differences, but then it came out that he’s an extremely toxic player who is at minimum lovely to his fans/supporters in Discord. Then it came out later that Lynch from IHYD is gaslighting and abusive. Rachel Weeks even asked to not have her episode of IHYD aired after news about Lynch came out, but I believe he went ahead and aired it anyway.

Obviously those are different degrees of lovely, but I don’t think most people ITT would want to support either of them.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

My only complaint about TTJ is that Joe needs to learn how to properly mix audio because I couldn't hear poo poo during the first episode, and I haven't watched any since

He also may have turned things around, because he hosted wotc's official new Capenna prerelease stream, so maybe he's not as much of a sore player as he used to be?

Idk, I'm not defending him but I believe in second chances, and Joe was always charismatic and funny on IHYD, so I'm willing to give him another shot

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

If you squint real hard, sophina/jim hopper kinda looks like winota, but for clues (and significantly worse). Which friends forever would work best with them?

I feel like you want black, since it has cranial plating and a bunch of artifact and artifact sacrifice cards, but wernog/cecily don't add much otherwise (and cecily+wernog seems a better match anyways).
Othelm lets you bring back sophina if they die during combat i guess? But green doesn't have much synergy with clues, right?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

I know the thread is generally really mild on 3CMC mana rocks, but what do you guys think about http://mythicspoiler.com/clb/cards/vexingpuzzlebox.html

Is the tutor ability just too slow?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I would run that in a dedicated dice rolling deck and probably no where else.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

New card for the cenobite tribal deck.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I will be putting Patriar's Seal in several decks

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Batterypowered7 posted:

This is disappointing. I loved IHYD before the split, but Joe was always toxic AF in the discord and especially in games. There was a Patreon bonus episode where he is killed first and he spends a half hour bitching about it to no end.

Most importantly I have no love for someone that brought the Prof to tears.

I was big into IHYD for a while, making gifs of the episodes and all. The guests and Lynch used them for marketing and I talked to Lynch a lot in discord. Of the two, he was super nice, which was all the more devastating to hear about his gaslighting bullshit.

I refuse to watch Joe's show from my personal experiences, and Lynch's show is in shambles from his past choices too. There are plenty of content creators out there to watch instead.

I do love Post Malone's table banter, and how he is on a better platform soon.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Most importantly I have no love for someone that brought the Prof to tears

What the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Heath posted:

I will be putting Patriar's Seal in several decks

I wouldn't. It's bad as a rock and bad as an untap.