Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

oh no. pouring out an ice cold zima for colin and jim. rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

This, socal being full of lovely people, and the fact that Steve Conrad is twat is why i bailed on animation/mograp and side steped into CAD work.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Tell us the Steve Conrad story

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
alright im back who wants to fight me

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Sunk Dunk posted:

alright im back who wants to fight me

Chris Hansen

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Kingo Ligma posted:

Chris Hansen

:vince:

:nice:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I finally watched the original Top Gun.

Gayest Navy recruitment movie I've ever seen.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Its no "Days of Thunder" oh wait it actually is!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I watched Obi-Wan its fine, the little girl is 1,000x too precocious but Ewan McGregor is clearly loving every minute of this so hey whatever. Moses is awesome

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Bust Rodd posted:

I watched Obi-Wan its fine, the little girl is 1,000x too precocious but Ewan McGregor is clearly loving every minute of this so hey whatever. Moses is awesome

Moses and all the inquisitors are awful, I don't know what you're seeing that's awesome. The line deliveries from all of them are terrible. It's definitely the director's doing which is even more baffling.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Mr. Meagles posted:

The sequel should be called The Southman and afterwards you could do a Northman v Southman movie to set up for a cinematic universe involving characters from other cardinal directions

excited for south by southwest man

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

joylessdivision posted:

I finally watched the original Top Gun.

Gayest Navy recruitment movie I've ever seen.
https://twitter.com/tinylittlehomie/status/1533179353219096576

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

one thing I will say about these editing tales and to those work in the industry: hearing about it is fascinating. seems like many who do that poo poo for a living assume no one cares about the day-to-day experience. wrong! of course this is the RLM thread and part of their appeal is their insider knowledge.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Jay not being able to even remember if he's seen a movie or not is a great gag but I'm not sure if he's qualified to do youtube movie reviews

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7iVWK2W48o

I have seen this before.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Vakal posted:

I remember flipping through channels a year or so back and watching a bit of some old western I never saw before. A few minutes in the leading man enters the home of a lady who doesn't know him.

She asks him what he is doing in her home, and before he can answer she tells him that if he's there to rape her then she's not going to scream or fight him about it as, in her words, "No women has died from being raped before. Just get it over with and get out of my home."

I wish I could remember the title of the film as I don't know if it was well known one, or just one of the endless westerns made between the 30s to 60s.

Part of me want to say it reminds me of a scene out of Waterhole #3 with James Coburn. I never really watched the film except for a little bit, but there's a scene that I seem to recall being where he goes to a woman's house and something like that happens, then afterwards she's completely smitten with him.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

one thing I will say about these editing tales and to those work in the industry: hearing about it is fascinating. seems like many who do that poo poo for a living assume no one cares about the day-to-day experience. wrong! of course this is the RLM thread and part of their appeal is their insider knowledge.

Just let us know when it gets too painfully depressing.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Drive's trailer was really misleading. I didn't think much of the movie either

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I was really let down by Lawnmower Man 2 considering how cool the trailer looked.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MubmJ2jwvOM

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
It didn’t feature Jeff Fahey, the greatest actor to have ever lived.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Jackin' to the new world order

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I just recently rewatched the lion king for the first time in a jillion years and was blown away by how great it was. I then out of curiosity decided to check out what the remake did to one of its most famous scenes

https://youtu.be/jcnFiG8hyCY

I’m loving shocked. I can’t think of any other ways they could’ve done it worse besides I dunno, forgetting to texture it I guess?

Even the score is basically “same but shittier”

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
It’s kinda silly. Mufasa’s like help me but wtf is a live action lion supposed to do. With a cartoon there’s at least some suspension of disbelief

Usu Kai Ken fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jun 6, 2022

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
Also why does scar look like he has cancer

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The new Lion King is horrendous and JEJ sounds like he's about to die.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
rescue rangers was whatever but they had a good joke about seth rogen's dead-eyed CGI character being accosted by all his dead-eyed CGI characters including pumbaa and i had a sensible chuckle about it

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I love how in the original when Mufasa falls back into the stampede and you get a closeup of Simbas panicked face as he cries out “Dad!!” and in the remake for that same moment we get…the back of Simbas head.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I can't wait for Avatar.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

loving hell yes!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Zeluth posted:

I can't wait for Avatar.

here it is

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

poisonpill posted:

Tell us the Steve Conrad story

The cool part is that I worked stop-mo on a pilot whose lead character was voiced by John Lithgow. Conrad wrote/directed it and got IFC to fork over more than a million on it. This is 2012 iirc. Timm's Industrial Piping

You know how you can tell when you're annoying someone but they won't call you out? Well, I tend to double down in those situations. So I was annoying the piss out of several above the line people with my goonery but the whole time it was all just smiles and stereotypical "that was great, baby" kind of interactions. Meanwhile I'm getting the short-straw on animations and poo poo like that. I finished the shoot, Conrad's parting words were a lesson in "say something nice", which he did but I could see the struggle in his face (the compliment was genuine though, I am good at animating rhythms).

Anyway, I can't handle people being politely false or patronizing and after working on that pilot and a couple other industry interactions I realized that I needed to not have anything to do with the entertainment industry.

I never watched any of Steve Conrad's movies, they all have really snowflake names, are they any good?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Just saw Crimes of the Future. It was definitely a Cronenberg movie!

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I knew that Robocop got a saturday morning cartoon in the 80s. I figured it was a typical watered down cash grab. Now that I'm watching the pilot, it's loving baller. It even takes the Ed-209 boardroom scene and translates it into something kid friendly enough to be acceptable, while maintaining the root of the joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp8Ur8D8Obo&t=293s

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
that rules

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Ugh that’s loving gross. In Vancouver I have heard a lot of bad things about the animation and vfx studios and I don’t even work in the biz.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Hackers film 1995 posted:

oh no. pouring out an ice cold zima for colin and jim. rip

From his podcast, Colin quit working in movie visual effects years ago. He still does CG, but mostly for commercials, apparently conditions and such are waaaaaay better in that field.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Didn’t Jim just get award for the vikings show or something? He can be the abuser not the abusee!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr. Meagles posted:

The sequel should be called The Southman and afterwards you could do a Northman v Southman movie to set up for a cinematic universe involving characters from other cardinal directions

A spinoff for the kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Lister posted:

I knew that Robocop got a saturday morning cartoon in the 80s. I figured it was a typical watered down cash grab. Now that I'm watching the pilot, it's loving baller. It even takes the Ed-209 boardroom scene and translates it into something kid friendly enough to be acceptable, while maintaining the root of the joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp8Ur8D8Obo&t=293s
Robocop is odd in that it got a cartoon series and a live action series that obviously couldn't do the ultraviolence but were still able to get a good amount of the cynicism and satire right, shame about the second cartoon or the miniseries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZFW-qiCAfk

Also features Yvette Nipar from Doctor Mordrid