Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

hazardousmouse posted:

oh gently caress. oh NO! I am extremely into all of the dragonsong weapons! How do I get in on this poo poo??

Clear the final fight of the current raid tier and get a 605 weapon from it. Then you need to clear an 18 minute fight that has more difficult mechanics. You'll need seven other people dedicated to spending hundreds of hours to accomplish both tasks. Good luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
My newest commission of my WoL came in and it's one of the best ones yet :swoon:

https://twitter.com/kimmy_arts/status/1533410011237556226?s=21&t=dKk1Xsem1BYj71vHAqtxdQ

I told her to design her own rapier if she wanted and she knocked it out of the park

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That's incredibly good rapier and they should submit for the next design a weapon contest.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Funny enough when she showed me the sketch, she said "I designed a rapier but I’m not very experienced at designing weapons so if you’d rather go with the rapier in the photos I can change it lol" and I like ??????????????????????????

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

hazardousmouse posted:

oh gently caress. oh NO! I am extremely into all of the dragonsong weapons! How do I get in on this poo poo??

If you want to do Dragonsong's Reprise specifically: clear the current Savage tier for 8 weeks (give or take) so you can get all your Best-in-Slot gear (the combination of gear for your class with the highest potential DPS and HP). Then join a static for DSR. It'll take 2-3 months for the average group to clear, which is standard for an Ultimate fight. You can find your BiS, and static recruitment channels, in the Balance discord, among other places.

If you want to just try Ultimate without the time investment of having to get current tier BiS: you can try one of the older Ultimates, which are much easier to gear up for since your level and ilevel sync down for them. The ilevel sync is also generous, making the healing and DPS checks slightly easier in these fights than they used to be. The Weapon's Refrain (UWU, Ultima Weapon) is widely considered the easiest Ultimate, only a couple steps up from a Savage tier endboss, if you wanted to get your feet wet without jumping straight into the deep end. Especially considering DSR is universally agreed to be the hardest Ultimate that has ever been in FFXIV at any point in any of their lifecycles.

e: That being said, you still have to beat the Savage tier endboss of the Ultimate's release patch in order to enter it, so you might have to clear Deltascape/Sigmascape/Eden's Gate Savage for UCOB/UWU/TEA respectively. Those are easy to clear unsynced in EW though, sometimes without even needing a full group; you could knock that out in Party Finder in a flash.

King Cohort fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 5, 2022

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
hm. maybe after I'm finished farming cat mounts
speaking of, I told my ex1 group that I mute the battle cause he's too chatty which kicked off a whole thing about how good it sounds in the other languages and everyone got extremely thirsty for japanese and french voiced "dark daddy"
Couerl, man.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
https://twitter.com/RABtoons/status/1533409483266875392

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/UltimaXIV/status/1533163970265333766

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Housing lottery working yet? If so when does the next reserve start?

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Super No Vacancy posted:

did the primals show have cheering or no

Naw it was specifically stated (by JP Emet-Selch) not to cheer.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/scholarlyboy/status/1533464381819953155

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Barreft posted:

Housing lottery working yet? If so when does the next reserve start?

There has been one full round since they fixed it. The subsequent round started yesterday and goes until Thursday morning. It depends on your server of course, but in general it's getting to be pretty slim pickings for personals, so good luck

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Looks like it time to throw the copied factory in the ol duty finder.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Why?

unrelated, I don't think I see a unique tag on them. Can you have two augmenteted radiant's rings?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Copied Factory drops the 2B outfit, particularly the leggings :ssh:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

To be clear, I have every custom delivery NPC in the 2B outfit. Charlemend cracks me up

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

My Charlemend is in the ghost costume. Because if there's one way to motivate sickly Ishgardian's back to health it's a spooky ghost haunting their local hospital.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Ishgardian's do honestly respond well to that sort of thing, honestly.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
if they actually let us dress alphinaud's mom SE is braver than i assumed

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I believe they have confirmed that you can

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Macaluso posted:

My newest commission of my WoL came in and it's one of the best ones yet :swoon:

https://twitter.com/kimmy_arts/status/1533410011237556226?s=21&t=dKk1Xsem1BYj71vHAqtxdQ

I told her to design her own rapier if she wanted and she knocked it out of the park
That rapier is extremely reminiscent of the Cardcaptor star wand. I approve.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

dyeing a psyduck is animal cruelty

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Macaluso posted:

We need more magical girl styled weapons, it's true.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Does the same customer always show up at the end of this year's Make it Rain quest? I was hoping to see tsundere pirate romance.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Mine was the chef, poll time!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

hazardousmouse posted:

Mine was the chef, poll time!

Same here.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Yeah, chef. Though I am curious about the (EW cameo) loporrits near the mini-cactpot, and if they sing for everyone or just people who did the related sidequest where you teach them music.

edit: Didn't catch this the first time I saw them, but this is very important:

Maximum Tomfoolery fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jun 6, 2022

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

hazardousmouse posted:

unrelated, I don't think I see a unique tag on them. Can you have two augmenteted radiant's rings?
I checked one of my Augmented Radiant rings and it has Unique at the top. Augmented Cryptlurker rings and older rings available for poetics are no longer unique though.

Waffleman_ posted:

I believe they have confirmed that you can
They show her in the butler outfit but I don't remember if they fully confirmed that you can freely glamour her. It may be a locked choice sort of thing, like how glamours for the trust NPCs are just them in different outfits they've worn throughout the game.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Bruceski posted:

Does the same customer always show up at the end of this year's Make it Rain quest? I was hoping to see tsundere pirate romance.

After completing the quest, go to the Aetheryte Plaza and head south to the entrance of Wonder Square. You'll know it when you see it.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Minor endwalker spoilers: apparently there are side quests doable now which are required to unlock the new tribe quests coming out tomorrow: https://youtu.be/pdPe0-hoHK8

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mainwaring posted:

Minor endwalker spoilers: apparently there are side quests doable now which are required to unlock the new tribe quests coming out tomorrow: https://youtu.be/pdPe0-hoHK8

IIRC it's the quest you get after completing the aether current quest in Thavnair.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Mainwaring posted:

For anyone else who's allergic to videos that can easily be text (I know, people gotta make money and text doesn't measure engagement but come on this is one bullet point from a slide in a LiveLetter) you will need to do the questlines for "Steppe Child" (this is an aether current anyway) and "What's in a Parent" (unlocked at 85), they end in a joint quest "A Budding Adventure".

Continuing the trend of "if a sidequest has a header image, it's worth doing" that highlights every other tribal prerequisite quest or something else they invested in making a cutscene for. If you're skipping these you missed a baby troll and who knows what else.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Just lol if you don't immediately peace out of a side quest chain as soon as you get the aether current.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
My maps are immaculate.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mainwaring posted:

Just lol if you don't immediately peace out of a side quest chain as soon as you get the aether current.

It's pretty great cause most of them end with some variation of "I look forward to your continued assistance :)" then you just fly off and never speak to them again.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's pretty great cause most of them end with some variation of "I look forward to your continued assistance :)" then you just fly off and never speak to them again.

Agreed it's funny as hell. If a quest ain't blue, I don't do!

Mainwaring fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jun 6, 2022

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Hogama posted:

My maps are immaculate.

:hfive:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Hogama posted:

My maps are immaculate.

I am the ! killer

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Bruceski posted:

If you're skipping these you missed a baby troll and who knows what else.

No, sadly the baby troll isn't at the end of the quest chain, but instead is an incredibly rare untradeable/unsellable dungeon drop that *also* happens to be required to spawn the Labyrinthos S rank. Whoever designed the EW S ranks hates the hunt community almost as much as the hunt community hates itself.

jalapeno_dude fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jun 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

jalapeno_dude posted:

No, sadly the baby troll isn't at the end of the quest chain, but instead is an incredibly rare untradeable/unsellable dungeon drop that *also* happens to be required to spawn the Labyrinthos S rank. Whoever designed the EW S ranks hates the hunt community almost as much as the hunt community hates itself.

I meant the baby troll NPC, not the minion. I have a dragon who hides in a treasure chest when bored, why would I need another minion?