Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Randarkman posted:

David Cage is making Star Wars? That's a big LOL
(Froggishly): "I thought to myself, what if zere were a video-game about how even ze Jedi can make mistakes?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Gotta assemble a book of reference pictures of Carrie Fisher at Jabba's for the all important Leia shower scene

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Randarkman posted:

David Cage is making Star Wars? That's a big LOL
https://www.quanticdream.com/en/star-wars-eclipse

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

coming 2064!!!

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

It's got the Shatnerians!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I feel like leia is getting pushed so hard because they want people to disassociate her from Carrie Fischer. Time to move on folks we’ve got money to make and you’re being babies about us using our weird dead people CGI technology.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That DICK! posted:

I feel like leia is getting pushed so hard because they want people to disassociate her from Carrie Fischer. Time to move on folks we’ve got money to make and you’re being babies about us using our weird dead people CGI technology.

which is weird cos it’s the exact opposite of what Kathleen Kennedy said in that recent interview where she buried the Solo guy again

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

I love how in the original when Mufasa falls back into the stampede and you get a closeup of Simbas panicked face as he cries out “Dad!!” and in the remake for that same moment we get…the back of Simbas head.

Yeah the CGI cats are cute but so expressionless. That also adds to the cheap feeling when their mouth moves to talk but nothing else on their face changes.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

X JAKK fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jun 6, 2022

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Jeremy Irons cannot be beat as Scar. Someone animated the interview he did when he first heard about the CGI film and he's still got it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfAw6cKrWog

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

Jeremy Irons cannot be beat as Scar. Someone animated the interview he did when he first heard about the CGI film and he's still got it.

oh lol this is perfect. I kinda feel like watching the Lion King in English now.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Arc Hammer posted:

lol

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Usu Kai Ken posted:

Also why does scar look like he has cancer

What was Scar's name before he got a scar? Was he born all funky looking? Kind of hosed up to name a kid after their worst feature. The kid in my 3rd grade was named Chris, not Hairlip.

No wonder Scar was such a bitter oval office

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Obviously Mufasa stole the throne from him, the prince later known only as Scar. I can understand the bitterness.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
That Nu-LK clip is insane, just a bunch of dead eyed CG cats meandering about.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

which is weird cos it’s the exact opposite of what Kathleen Kennedy said in that recent interview where she buried the Solo guy again

Plant the seed now and even if people hate her in Kenobi, in 8 years and you’ve run out of ideas, you can do a new “Organa” series where you nostalgiacally bring back lil girl Leia, and wow she’s not actually a bad actress and people were mean to her. The Hayden Harvest

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Just keep pumping out awful dreck over and over and over. It gets worse and worse and worse and then in a decade you can pay reporters to rehabilitate the bad stuff from the past and people will go along with it because the current stuff is so much worse

That’s Disney magic, baby

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Milo and POTUS posted:

Lol the only way it could have been funnier is if it had a question mark

A….film?

A….”film”?

…A “film”

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
My god I could listen to Jeremy Irons read the phone book, no lie. What a voice!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

A….film?

A….”film”?

…A “film”

They film now!
They film now?
They film now.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Arc Hammer posted:

lol
Was CG Scar flamboyantly gay?

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

bitterandtwisted posted:

lol

No they tried to complete the Hamlet parallel by having him try to gently caress Simba’s mother after Mufasa’s death

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

People need to stop calling the Lion King remake "live action". It is anything but.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

bitterandtwisted posted:

lol

Nope. Just Ejiofor doing a terrible spoken word version of Be Prepared and being his usual muted self. Disney's best villains are all campy and gay coded but since Nu Disney is deathly afraid of media backlash about homophobia they rip all the fun out of their villains.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Randarkman posted:

People need to stop calling the Lion King remake "live action". It is anything but.

very first shot is live-action but sure, go off king

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

If you want a live action movie with lions. Watch Roar.

You know what drop the conditional there. Just watch Roar.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

See Tippi Hedren get her pelvis smashed by an elephant! See a lion maul Melanie Griffith’s loving face!

See Roar!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Roar: Cocaine Is A Helluva Drug: The Movie

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Your Gay Uncle posted:

What was Scar's name before he got a scar? Was he born all funky looking? Kind of hosed up to name a kid after their worst feature. The kid in my 3rd grade was named Chris, not Hairlip.

No wonder Scar was such a bitter oval office

before he got his scar his name was 'garbage'

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

just like mufasa. where he "goed off" (went off) that cl;iff 😈

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

just like mufasa. where he "goed off" (went off) that cl;iff 😈

spoilers >:o

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Hey. Hey the cliff ain't even that steep. Stop climbin' and just chill there til the stampede ends in 30 seconds.

*Mufasa climbs 3 stories up*

Yo there's a lion up there and he looks like he's been doing heroin all day and he's gettin ready to kill you

*climbs toward the evil looking lion*

If you're gonna climb just head over to that ledge directly to your left instead. It's flat and you can't be betrayed over there. Nope, not gonna do any of those things huh. Well ok then

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
it looks like he fell like 8 feet

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sheen Sheen posted:

No they tried to complete the Hamlet parallel by having him try to gently caress Simba’s mother after Mufasa’s death

funny, a youtuber I watch who I won't link to because I respect the integrity of this thread (ayiwwiwltbirtiott) made a compelling case that the original Lion King was actually closer to Henry IV Parts 1 and 2

I'd make fun of disney using this secondhand opinion that I got from the internet but the last time somebody casually compared something to shakespeare itt a shakespeare scholar leapt out of the shadows and brutally savaged them

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Leto is a competent actor, people mostly make fun of him for being very weird and eccentric outside the movies

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Zzulu posted:

Leto is a competent actor, people mostly make fun of him for being very weird and eccentric outside the movies

Leto is a butt full of poo

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Leto rapes underage girls is not being eccentric lol

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

George H.W. oval office posted:

Leto rapes underage girls is not being eccentric lol
So what, you think that's normal then?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008